Central at Ridgeview

SwvaOG

The M7’s version of Tazewell vs Richlands except maybe a bit nastier and even strength since it’s inception. Central upset RV in the Fog Bowl sending a very talented RV packing early and RV repaid the favor last year upsetting Central twice.  The last six meetings have been 3-3 and 1-1 in the playoffs.  A couple of years ago these two little league’s played a game and the coaches literally threw down in the handshake line and earned a spot on Good Morning America.

Dont be surprised if Central pulls an upset and don’t be surprised if the Pack runs the score up in a victory.  Grundy revealed some of the Packs deficiencies and I’m betting Central goes all in on them.  Who ya got?

1 hour ago, SwvaOG said:

The M7’s version of Tazewell vs Richlands except maybe a bit nastier and even strength since it’s inception. Central upset RV in the Fog Bowl sending a very talented RV packing early and RV repaid the favor last year upsetting Central twice.  The last six meetings have been 3-3 and 1-1 in the playoffs.  A couple of years ago these two little league’s played a game and the coaches literally threw down in the handshake line and earned a spot on Good Morning America.

Dont be surprised if Central pulls an upset and don’t be surprised if the Pack runs the score up in a victory.  Grundy revealed some of the Packs deficiencies and I’m betting Central goes all in on them.  Who ya got?

I think the Warrior defense is too good to have a run up on them game. This one will be a dandy, 21-20 RV

I think the Pack will be ready for this game. I think some of them got back grounded the other night and if they didn’t then yes there is a very good chance Central will beat them.   I believe if Ridgeview plays up to there potential they should win by 2 tds but that’s the reason they play the game. Lol

Pack Football One Team One Dream!!

Grundy won the grit battle, but Ridgeview won the talent battle Friday night. Central is very underrated and a dark horse team. If Ridgeview plays the same way they did against Grundy then they're in trouble. Maybe the fact this is a rivalry game will motivate Ridgeview to play harder than they did against Grundy, cause they had zero motivation Friday night.

Central hasn’t played a full game of football all years their starters that they decided to keep in the game against Marion where absolutely gassed. If they don’t start getting in game shape ridgeview could walk away with this one  in the second half

18 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

Central hasn’t played a full game of football all years their starters that they decided to keep in the game against Marion where absolutely gassed. If they don’t start getting in game shape ridgeview could walk away with this one  in the second half

The only thing I know about Ridgeview is what I have read and heard but I agree Central was gassed against Marion and what surprises me about that is their O got to start 3 scoring drives inside Marion's 35 (if I remember correctly I was too busy bitching about Ginn not punting the ball and making our D play the short field each time) if they got gassed by that and if what I have heard about The View is true they will name the score. 

1 hour ago, rjhall71 said:

The only thing I know about Ridgeview is what I have read and heard but I agree Central was gassed against Marion and what surprises me about that is their O got to start 3 scoring drives inside Marion's 35 (if I remember correctly I was too busy bitching about Ginn not punting the ball and making our D play the short field each time) if they got gassed by that and if what I have heard about The View is true they will name the score. 

And never ran more than 3 plays on those drives but in the second half those same guys that dominate looked like they were in slow motion. That will hurt central later in the year

18 hours ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

Grundy won the grit battle, but Ridgeview won the talent battle Friday night. Central is very underrated and a dark horse team. If Ridgeview plays the same way they did against Grundy then they're in trouble. Maybe the fact this is a rivalry game will motivate Ridgeview to play harder than they did against Grundy, cause they had zero motivation Friday night.

Truth.  Every time I’ve watched the Pack they are so dang quiet.  It’s almost nonchalant and it’s gonna bite them.  Would like to se that defense play with some emotion because they are athletic and fast.  Grundy often brought 6 and it was picked up.  Let’s see if Central brings 7 and if the Oline holds they will target Beavers deep.  With Counts and Hill they can’t double Beavers.  It looked like Grundy shaded him with a safety and concentrated on defending outside th hashes.  It worked in the first half as RV stubbornly threw into that.  In the 2nd half they adjusted and targeted the intermediate soft spots in the zone.  I’d like to see them get it to Hill underneath and then take the occasion shot to Counts who is WR1 on every other team in the M7. Should be a great game and I’m always interested in how teams game plan each other.  O’Quinn and Church are the wildcards as both are very talented runners. Folks, this might be game of the week.

It's no surprise that Grundy got some yards on the ground against the Pack, they have a decent O line, but the closeness of the score was a bit of a shock.

Central will be better than Grundy, but the question will be if they have the talent to stop Ridgeview's passing attack. Can the pack avoid all the mistakes they made Friday night?

Just because it's Central, Ridgeview will be ready to play. 

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

It's no surprise that Grundy got some yards on the ground against the Pack, they have a decent O line, but the closeness of the score was a bit of a shock.

Central will be better than Grundy, but the question will be if they have the talent to stop Ridgeview's passing attack. Can the pack avoid all the mistakes they made Friday night?

Just because it's Central, Ridgeview will be ready to play. 

The Pack can’t turn it over on their 2nd, 3rd and 4th possession consecutively against anyone else on their schedule.  They scored on their first possession on one play and I believe they scored on every other possession except the victory formation possession.  That sums up the Pack.  Crazy to watch.

5 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

The Pack can’t turn it over on their 2nd, 3rd and 4th possession consecutively against anyone else on their schedule.  They scored on their first possession on one play and I believe they scored on every other possession except the victory formation possession.  That sums up the Pack.  Crazy to watch.

The Pack rarely turned it over last year. Replacing Tiller with Stanley has not helped the offense. I am hoping this year the Pack gets out coached. Coaching was the difference last 3 meetings. Glad as a Central fan he left

Last weeks showing at Grundy wasn't the best by the Pack.  I'm sure there was a little bit of looking ahead to this week's matchup with Central.  This is one of those games that Ridgeview will have probably 7 of the top 10 athletes on the field.  However, if Central can methodically move the ball down the field like Grundy did, this one may be close at the end.  Special teams might be the key factor to this one.  Central has an experienced kicker that has the ability to kick from distance.  

Rv looked good at times, but had a couple of really bad interceptions. Got to clean that up, and some of the bad penalties as well.  Beavers was spectacular at times in the game. Did have a bad fumble in the fourth. 
Btw, the play that he got shook up on that got all of our RV fans upset on was incomplete, and there was no interference. Centrals secondary just made a great play. 
I prefer not to see Central in the playoffs as I believe they are going to vastly improve this year. I suggest Union get the twice instead! Lol

27 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Heard one of the guys on 93.5 WAXM tonight who saw Burton against both Ridgeview and Union say that he thought Union was the better team.  Guess we'll find out in about three weeks.

If the experts on there said it, that probably means that Ridgeview is better. Haha 

6 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

WDIC used to be biased. They don’t cover the games anymore. They do Beach Boy tributes during games now. 

Guess Shanghai retired? I always enjoyed him and Gulley calling games. They always made me chuckle.

Post game analysis of this one.  

Ridgeview rushed for almost 300 yards and passed for around 250.  I felt coming in the Central’s DL would be tough but the Pack gashed them all game long and actually played possession, clock killing offense in the 4th quarter.  If RV can rush like this consistently it bodes well for them.

Central had some great plays dialed up that didn’t connect.  I fully expect them to be competitive against their schedule.  They may slide up to the #3 team in M7 and can be trouble in the playoffs. They doubled Beavers at the cost leaving the middle of the field vulnerable to the run. That’s what the Pack wants you to do but they’ve not been able to do recently. 

The threat of the long ball was evident in the game last night.  RV’s two deep threats can absolutely wreck havoc on a DC. This team is fun to watch and will give you 5-6 ESPN type highlight plays a game.