Ridgeview Lee High

Packman

11 hours ago, The_Professor said:

and if Ridgeview puts the speedster they have in at RB, I can see him breaking a couple big runs in this one as well 

Speedster?  They have 3 RBs, 1 of which is injured, none of which are exceptionally fast. Unless you mean in comparison to Lee cause as a team Lee definitely isn't fast

20 hours ago, Volfan101 said:

You can find stats from Lee High if you search up digital scout Lee High.

Found the following

Lee on the year is 30 for 62 (48.39%) for 500 Yards (8.04 Yards per Attempt) 7 TDs vs 0 Ints Passing game accounts for 49% of there yards lost 3 Fumbles and are Averaging 337.33 Total yards per game

RV on the year is 32 for 48 (66.67%) for 600 Yards (12.5 Yards per Attempt) 7 TDs ve 5 INTs Passing game accounts for 48% of there yards lost  3 Fumbles and are Averaging 416.33 Total yards per game

To me stacking up stats Lee "Looks" legit with some nice numbers vs a solid schedule (outside of Eastside)

RV averaging 416 Yards per game (With the Burton Game being called at halftime) is impressive but avgering nearly 3 turnovers a game is concerning

3 hours ago, Counts said:

Found the following

Lee on the year is 30 for 62 (48.39%) for 500 Yards (8.04 Yards per Attempt) 7 TDs vs 0 Ints Passing game accounts for 49% of there yards lost 3 Fumbles and are Averaging 337.33 Total yards per game

RV on the year is 32 for 48 (66.67%) for 600 Yards (12.5 Yards per Attempt) 7 TDs ve 5 INTs Passing game accounts for 48% of there yards lost  3 Fumbles and are Averaging 416.33 Total yards per game

To me stacking up stats Lee "Looks" legit with some nice numbers vs a solid schedule (outside of Eastside)

RV averaging 416 Yards per game (With the Burton Game being called at halftime) is impressive but avgering nearly 3 turnovers a game is concerning

The turnovers are the biggest concern I have for RV.  They can get away with it against Grundy and Central, but I doubt it against Union and Bluefield. 

29 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

The turnovers are the biggest concern I have for RV.  They can get away with it against Grundy and Central, but I doubt it against Union and Bluefield. 

Agreed But if they are averaging 416 yards a game (455 if you do not count the 1st game in which they were only able to play a half) while giveing away 3 possessions a game if they clean them up it could be impressive

5 hours ago, generallyspeaking said:

Is Ridgeview’s run defense questionable? Grundy and Central seemed to have no problem running on them. 

IDK that you can say Grundy and Central had no problem running on them. Grundy had 153 Yards on 38 Carries and Central had 194 yards on 29 Carries (89 on 1 play)

I don't have all of Grundy's stats But Central is averaging 241 per game on the ground so RV allowed 80% of there Average

Is the Run D questionable....(Maybe but I don't think you can say so based on those 2 games)

9 minutes ago, Counts said:

IDK that you can say Grundy and Central had no problem running on them. Grundy had 153 Yards on 38 Carries and Central had 194 yards on 29 Carries (89 on 1 play)

I don't have all of Grundy's stats But Central is averaging 241 per game on the ground so RV allowed 80% of there Average

Is the Run D questionable....(Maybe but I don't think you can say so based on those 2 games)

I would also like to see the split between first half and second half.  In both games it seemed like RV buttoned up the holes on D after half time.

On 9/20/2022 at 12:46 PM, redtiger said:

Speedster?  They have 3 RBs, 1 of which is injured, none of which are exceptionally fast. Unless you mean in comparison to Lee cause as a team Lee definitely isn't fast

the one I'm referring to is the Proffitt kid, #3. He looked quick against Central and if he can get thru the line or get to the corner he could take it to the house 

12 hours ago, The_Professor said:

the one I'm referring to is the Proffitt kid, #3. He looked quick against Central and if he can get thru the line or get to the corner he could take it to the house 

Got ya.  Yes, he hits the hole hard and IMO should be the starting RB.  I hope they give the kid more carries.

I’m excited for this one tonight. First home game of the season for the Generals, should be a packed house. Not gonna be a fun game to watch for fans of defense, I say 10+ TDs are scored between both teams. I’d love for this one to be a nail-biter and a final possession type game. It’s been a long time since there’s been an exciting game at 5 Star. Go Generals!

23 hours ago, generallyspeaking said:

I’m excited for this one tonight. First home game of the season for the Generals, should be a packed house. Not gonna be a fun game to watch for fans of defense, I say 10+ TDs are scored between both teams. I’d love for this one to be a nail-biter and a final possession type game. It’s been a long time since there’s been an exciting game at 5 Star. Go Generals!

We’re you at the game?  I fully expected Lee to pass much more than they did.  With the exception of the long run by Huff, RV did pretty good job of stopping the run.  Also, I was surprised they Lee doesn’t run their QB more.  If he a pretty good runner?

27 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

We’re you at the game?  I fully expected Lee to pass much more than they did.  With the exception of the long run by Huff, RV did pretty good job of stopping the run.  Also, I was surprised they Lee doesn’t run their QB more.  If he a pretty good runner?

Yeah I was there. We didn’t open up our playbook very much other than that little trick play in the first quarter that the wide open receiver dropped. The offense was too predictable. Run the first 2 downs for hardly any gain and be forced to throw on 3rd and long. Our freshman safety got picked on big time last night. As a whole our pass defense was bad. Though it should’ve been closer to 54-14 I think if a few plays went different it could’ve been 33-21 which looks a lot closer on paper. I just don’t know if Lee has what it takes to win big games yet, they don’t play up to their ability when under pressure like last night. 

8 hours ago, generallyspeaking said:

Also Pendergraft is not know for his running ability but he ought to try and scramble every now and then. He’s not very muscular either I don’t know if they want him taking too many hits 

It is a missing dimension from the offense.  As you probably noticed, the threat of O’Quinn running is a game changer and the defense has to account for that.  Lee’s coaching staff has to get that kid in the weight room. Not saying you run him 15 times but a planned run or the ability to do a zone read would help.

8 hours ago, generallyspeaking said:

Yeah I was there. We didn’t open up our playbook very much other than that little trick play in the first quarter that the wide open receiver dropped. The offense was too predictable. Run the first 2 downs for hardly any gain and be forced to throw on 3rd and long. Our freshman safety got picked on big time last night. As a whole our pass defense was bad. Though it should’ve been closer to 54-14 I think if a few plays went different it could’ve been 33-21 which looks a lot closer on paper. I just don’t know if Lee has what it takes to win big games yet, they don’t play up to their ability when under pressure like last night. 

Ridgeview’s offense, when competently coached, is hard to deal with.  It’s my belief only their own staff can bottle them up for a whole game. If the staff gets it together they will be a tough out.