Power points

MT FAN 91

2 hours ago, 44cov3 said:

I think you have to declare it (Forfeit or cancelation) at the time and you cant go back and change it once you make the decision.  At least that's what I've heard.  

I actually think some schools just decided which they were doing. According to VHSL, three choices for the schools that were canceled on: Take forfeit, No contest, or reschedule another opponent. 

4 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Correct. I have heard you have to declare it at the time also.  I am not 100% certain this is true, but this is what I've been told.  So, much of this stuff is determined.  Whether Narrows is 19 right now or 22 if they win Friday night, both numbers are higher than the 18 total points they would get from Craig cancelling out if taking a forfeit, so obviously they take a no contest to keep their power ranking untouched, otherwise, it can only go down by taking a forfeit.  

Going by the records, they took the forfeit from Craig and a no contest from Bland.  

On 10/31/2022 at 4:04 PM, MT FAN 91 said:

If the teams win that should. If Galax wins Friday night they will be 1, GW 2, Narrows 3 and Grayson 4. If Grayson win I have GW 1, Grayson 2, Galax 3 and Narrows 4. Has anyone else run the numbers to tell me if that's correct?

so if grayson beats galax they will be second seed at 9-1 and they will rematch with galax no matter who wins in the first round of playoffs?

On 11/2/2022 at 8:13 AM, Hokie Bound said:

If anyone would know you can count on VHSLhelper. He is extremely knowledgable on what flys and what doesn't when it comes to the VHSL.

ha,ha,ha.
Right.
The rules were voted on by the membership... HS coaches/ADs & principals who are/were teachers. They understand words. The rules aren't in Latin. So why does the VHSL have a 'rules interpreter'?
To give schools the o-k to break a rule that doesn't benefit them??? 

Here's what I've known for years.. the VHSL is Fight Club. When a school wants a rule to not apply to them, they ask, and, VOILA!!!

But also, in this specific case, I'd actually talked to a coach a while back about the nine-game schedule thing.  Their decision deadline wasn't even within seven days of the original play date. And MAYBE they changed it... didn't ask, don't care.

We're all just making an educated guess at this.

2 hours ago, VHSLhelper said:

ha,ha,ha.
Right.
The rules were voted on by the membership... HS coaches/ADs & principals who are/were teachers. They understand words. The rules aren't in Latin. So why does the VHSL have a 'rules interpreter'?
To give schools the o-k to break a rule that doesn't benefit them??? 

Here's what I've known for years.. the VHSL is Fight Club. When a school wants a rule to not apply to them, they ask, and, VOILA!!!

But also, in this specific case, I'd actually talked to a coach a while back about the nine-game schedule thing.  Their decision deadline wasn't even within seven days of the original play date. And MAYBE they changed it... didn't ask, don't care.

We're all just making an educated guess at this.

You are very knowlegable about the VHSL rules and you bring a lot to this board. Its a compliment to you.