Random thoughts.

Real Sasquatch

33 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

There is some truth to that and anybody that knows the story of the Price debacle, well what a mess that would have been.  Also has been brought up about who will pay to maintain and returf the field when the time would come.

Leave it grass, not a fan of turf fields at all.  Sure they look nice but seen to many injuries occur on turf fields that "might" not have happened on grass.  Either way grass fields is what high school football is all about.

Or if you are Peterstown High from back in the day, just leave it mud.  Leave the mud alone.  To he%% with planting new grass.  When it rains....it's mud.  When it's dry, you play on a field of dirt.   Nobody over there had the decency to throw down some grass seeds.

On 7/24/2023 at 10:03 PM, Gridiron60 said:

Since this is a totally random thread,  I wish they’d have some parachuters land in Mitchell Stadium before the Graham/Beaver game. 

Not sure you will see that again locally after the incident in Tennessee.

2 hours ago, CPF said:

I was told by someone who would know Tazewell is getting a field in the spring

Speaking from professional experience, if they are indeed getting a turf field installed beginning in the spring, it would certainly be in the design phase right now. Any construction project, post Covid, will need a minimum of 6-months to get through the necessary regulatory permitting process. Couple that with the time it takes to design, it's very nearly an 18-month process these days to go from deciding to install turf, to hiring a licensed professional to design, get the design permitted for construction and then get to actual construction. 

2 hours ago, CPF said:

I was told by someone who would know Tazewell is getting a field in the spring, and Richlands turf would be replaced. Graham is getting theirs shortly.

Those are the plans (made public) thus far.  Of course, construction schedules and labor shortages being what they are, it leaves some uncertainty.  There are a few other things in the works that I’m not at liberty to discuss beyond telling folks to “stay tuned.”

2 hours ago, sixcat said:

Speaking from professional experience, if they are indeed getting a turf field installed beginning in the spring, it would certainly be in the design phase right now. Any construction project, post Covid, will need a minimum of 6-months to get through the necessary regulatory permitting process. Couple that with the time it takes to design, it's very nearly an 18-month process these days to go from deciding to install turf, to hiring a licensed professional to design, get the design permitted for construction and then get to actual construction. 

Graham's field has been in the planning/design stage for a year now. Hopefully it starts in August but it could be moved back again.

10 minutes ago, CPF said:

Graham's field has been in the planning/design stage for a year now. Hopefully it starts in August but it could be moved back again.

Is Graham still getting a full fledged stadium? I know that was the original plan but wasn’t sure if it had changed. 

3 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Is Graham still getting a full fledged stadium? I know that was the original plan but wasn’t sure if it had changed. 

Field/track first then see what happens. Eventually I'm sure. How long is the question......