Graham vs George Wythe

Gridiron60

I really think Graham cruises to a win unless they revert back to the game play of the Bluefield game. The biggest question mark at this point is Clements. Will he be healed enough to play? If he is, do they even use him or wait until week 4 against Union. 
I’’d personally give Roberts more opportunities to air it out. He’s steadily improving. 

I agree.  He had a pretty good outing against Galax throwing the ball.  Work on spreading it out and tossing it around, if you can.  Jennings can get some good reps in too at RB.  Graham needs to demonstrate a good passing game to keep teams from loading the box on them.  If Roberts continues to have time to throw it and work on his progressions, it will make Graham even more dangerous.

On 9/3/2023 at 4:22 PM, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I'll go Graham by 24-28 points, similar to Galax, but closer.  I think it won't be a running clock situation like Galax was, and that GW won't ever be down by 35 or more points.

hmm i think they will, very young on D and they gave up 42 to radford!!

On 9/3/2023 at 7:39 AM, BBHoops_18 said:

Graham by as many as they want. Backups will be in by half. GW is way down this year and I think they’ll struggle this season. 

I wouldn't say GW is down this year. We're young this year with some key starters back. And yeah Radford beat our ass and Graham will to but aren't they kinda expected to? GW will imo do very well in the 1A ranks this season. I've been wrong before and might be here with my opinion but don't count us out just yet. Let's wait until the CC game and beyond to see what GW is.

Graham by 21+. GW will definitely compete at the 1A level.

Remaining schedule

Carroll County- Win

Rural Retreat - Win

Galax - goes either way

Giles - goes either way

JI Burton - Win

Fort Chiswell - Win

Grayson Co - Win in my opinion Grayson Co isn't as good as expected 

Auburn - Win 

6-4, 7-3 or 8-2 somewhere in there. 

7 minutes ago, nrv_football said:

Graham by 21+. GW will definitely compete at the 1A level.

Remaining schedule

Carroll County- Win

Rural Retreat - Win

Galax - goes either way

Giles - goes either way

JI Burton - Win

Fort Chiswell - Win

Grayson Co - Win in my opinion Grayson Co isn't as good as expected 

Auburn - Win 

6-4, 7-3 or 8-2 somewhere in there. 

I agree with you (just my opinion) on most of those, but I think Rural Retreat is a likely win, Fort Chiswell is a likely win, and Grayson County is a toss up or goes either way.  It's expected that other than Graham, G. Wythe should have three toss up type game or close ones with Giles, Galax, and Grayson.  What wouldn't be helpful is for George Wythe to be in a game with Rural Retreat or Fort Chiswell.  I expect GW to win both by 14-20 points, but George Wythe is not so good (talent gap is not so wide) that RR or FC couldn't be in the game in the 4th quarter if GW turns over and has penalties.  GW has a chance (other than Graham) to run the table.  Not saying they will though.