Ridgeview @ Union

CriticalNoise

On 10/7/2023 at 12:42 AM, Wolf1207 said:

I thought RV played a great game considering how undermanned we were.  This team will grow but I see a second round exit from the p,ayoffs this year.  Which is very good considering what was lost to graduation last year.  
Our fans are great, but some of you need to calm the _ _ _ _ down.  Union was not holding on every play and jumping offsides every play.  The better team won tonight. And don’t yell at the other side when a kid is hurt, when you’ve been trash talking a player the entire game from the stands because you’re 40 and sound like a jack a$$.

O’Quinn played a good game but the interception in the 1st qtr was a bad decision.  I’m wondering if he may be on the field too much.  Qb is his top responsibility. (Except according to a few fans who wanted him benched tonight). I’m still waiting for their explanation on that one. 

Ridgeview has a very good team we just didn't know how good because of their opponents but they proved it to me tonight.  I do believe without all the penalties Union is a couple TDs better but wouldn't be surprised at all if Ridgeview beats them if they play again and I kinda hope not because I can see the fans ruining it for the kids with a bench clearing brawl or something.  And anyone wanting O'Quinn benched clearly is delusional the kid had pressure on him most of the night

5 hours ago, Wolf1207 said:

I was critical of RV fans last night for their behavior and this is no better from adults in the BSG area. Yes the RV kid shouldn’t have done what he did, but it doesn’t need a film breakdown and the whole area trying to get WCYB as has been tagged to do a full scale investigation.  
Some extra push-ups and wind sprints after practice on Monday will do. 

Exactly doesn’t need to be suspended or anything but needs to calm down before he actually hurts someone.  Unions had a couple of hotheads too as everyone else has.  

I saw the video on Facebook. 

Ridgeview people getting defensive. I wasn’t at the game. I was watching some Tennessee schools.

I’m certain that Union wasn’t perfect. I don’t think I saw anyone defending any bad behavior from Union players when it occurred. Looks like most people commenting wanted to know where the flag was against Ridgeview for some of the things they did.

Also some parents for Ridgeview are upset that their kid got called out. I don’t think the players should be suspended or anything. Running laps and pushups should be appropriate consequences. And maybe a good stern talking to from administrators. 

Yeah they’re kids and are prone to get hotheaded in the moment. But the truth is that Ridgeview athletes and fans have been involved in quite a few kerfuffles the last few years. The adults in charge need to teach them about conducting themselves and also be an example. And if their behavior continues to reflect poorly on their team and school community then that’s when consequences should happen.

Ridgeview seems to have a great tradition going on. They are also getting a bad reputation and that’s going to have to be addressed.