Graham vs Richlands

Gridiron60

I think Richlands was on the decline before Mance left "Some."  They weren't as good as the previous elite Richlands teams, but.........the sample size was very, very, very short.  They outplayed Appomattox in 2016.  I watched that game in person.  Pretty sure it was 2016, might have been 2017, but believe 2016, and Richlands gets 4 yards, the clock runs out and they win the game.  So, for Mance, he had like what.........2 not so great seasons prior to leaving, but 20 regular season games is a very, very, very small sample size in my opinion.  I 100% believe Richlands would be better the past 3 or 4 years with Mance if he were still there.  Maybe not competing for state titles, but still a threat/a battle for Region Titles with Union and Graham.  

5 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I think Richlands was on the decline before Mance left "Some."  They weren't as good as the previous elite Richlands teams, but.........the sample size was very, very, very short.  They outplayed Appomattox in 2016.  I watched that game in person.  Pretty sure it was 2016, might have been 2017, but believe 2016, and Richlands gets 4 yards, the clock runs out and they win the game.  So, for Mance, he had like what.........2 not so great seasons prior to leaving, but 20 regular season games is a very, very, very small sample size in my opinion.  I 100% believe Richlands would be better the past 3 or 4 years with Mance if he were still there.  Maybe not competing for state titles, but still a threat/a battle for Region Titles with Union and Graham.  

By decline, I meant his last couple of seasons. Would they be more competitive if he had stayed, probably but the Wells’ thing was hard to recover from and the program continued to go down. 

33 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Thought that Appo game was 2015...

56 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

By decline, I meant his last couple of seasons. Would they be more competitive if he had stayed, probably but the Wells’ thing was hard to recover from and the program continued to go down. 

I agree Gridiron. No question the transfers had stopped and his last two teams weren't what they were.

7 hours ago, Tru Blue72 said:

History will be made at Ernie Hicks Stadium tonight!  There has been a lot of History upon the field of play at the Ernie, but I'm sure we never saw this coming.  Hold onto your hats because I think we will continue to be on the down swing for at least 3 or 4 more years.  Rumor has it this coaching staff plans to make the Ernie their home for at least 3 (if not 4) more years, so there you have it.

Dude, fact check your rumor source. There’s no way a sane person would stick around after this year. All you torches and pitch fork fans are getting your wish. I appreciate Jeff Tarter for stepping up and standing by these kids, his only payment has been hate and he didn’t deserve it. 

Little note to whoever is crazy enough to pick up the reigns, remember how fair weather Richlands fans are and good luck. Go blues. 

Not sure they outplayed Appo in 2015. True Appo had to come from behind but they still made that comeback. I thought those two team matched up well. One of the best games I’ve been too.