Graham vs Richlands

Gridiron60

Richlands is a wounded animal. This team is on the precipice of making history at the Big R but not in a good way. Nothing is more dangerous than a wounded animal. They lash out to protect themselves at all costs. These boys & these coaches don’t want to be the first to  0-10 in the regular season. Graham better not look past the Blues. I don’t think Richlands wins but they’ll come out fighting or at least I would think they would. Rival game, home game, Senior night, not wanting to be 0-10…these could help Richlands put up a decent showing. 

11 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Why is there even a thread for this game?? 

It was a ploy to get you to post a comment! Mission accomplished, lol! JK 

Seriously, I really do hope the Blues come out ready to make a good go of it. Give 110% and never give up and at least end season knowing they did their best and use that to rebound next season & start building back. When all the teams are competitive, everyone benefits! I want all of Tazewell County competitive! 

To be honest beating this team isn't fun. I'm no Richlands fan by any means but it's sad to see what's happened down there. Hopefully they figure it out becuse the district is better when Richlands is good.

8 hours ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

Rolling clock by the end of the first. 

Rolling clock before the game starts.  Graham by as many as they want.  This is the wrong side of history, first team ever to not have at least one win in a season, and IMO if the coaching doesn't change, next year will be another year of wrong sided history.  Hats off to the players who have given their all to the team.  It's a sad situation when a coaching staff is made up of some assistants who have no idea how to coach football.  Love the Blues, win or loose, but its time for the betterment of the program to make an across the board change in coaching!!!!

15 hours ago, CPF said:

To be honest beating this team isn't fun. I'm no Richlands fan by any means but it's sad to see what's happened down there. Hopefully they figure it out becuse the district is better when Richlands is good.

Until the administration changes the coaching staff , they will show up next year 0-10 these kids don’t want to play for these coaches they don’t know football ! Worst in RHS history 

21 hours ago, land_rider said:

Until the administration changes the coaching staff , they will show up next year 0-10 these kids don’t want to play for these coaches they don’t know football ! Worst in RHS history 

For those who wonder why we see post like this, here's some examples: Nineth game of the season, offense takes delay of game penalty at least twice because players don't know where to line up. Linebackers and safety are looking to sidline for alignment call from defensive coach with their hands in the air when the other team snaps the ball. HC says he don't have time to talk on the radio after the game because he needs to find his son so he can introduce him to the opposing coach, and yeah I always will remember the HC's statement after a previous loss: "Oh, well, that's the way the cookie crumbles" and of course one of his most famous lines, "Well, maybe next years players will be motivated."  I didn't say all this for criticism, but to show this is the situation with this coaching staff and unless there is a change, it will continue.

22 hours ago, land_rider said:

Who are Tarter’s assistants? Serious question, no clue. The only one familiar was Ronnie Davis, then he did his usual Ronnie Davis thing and quit. Who makes up his staff? 

2 hours ago, Tru Blue72 said:

For those who wonder why we see post like this, here's some examples: Nineth game of the season, offense takes delay of game penalty at least twice because players don't know where to line up. Linebackers and safety are looking to sidline for alignment call from defensive coach with their hands in the air when the other team snaps the ball. HC says he don't have time to talk on the radio after the game because he needs to find his son so he can introduce him to the opposing coach, and yeah I always will remember the HC's statement after a previous loss: "Oh, well, that's the way the cookie crumbles" and of course one of his most famous lines, "Well, maybe next years players will be motivated."  I didn't say all this for criticism, but to show this is the situation with this coaching staff and unless there is a change, it will continue.

Hate to see the tough times at the old Alma Mater.  I keep thinking about the what-ifs of if Mance had stayed.  If a few things were different the last three years at Richlands probably look a lot different. What if Mance stayed and the two Brown kids didn't move to Florida.  If Mance would have stayed Beavers would most-likely have played over there.  Adding those three All-State caliber kids and Mance changes the complexion of that team considerably.  Not saying Region Champs but definitely much better than today.  

I think they will start the climb back up to respectability in the next year or so. 

2 hours ago, Tru Blue72 said:

“Well, maybe next years players will be motivated."  

Nothing against Coach Tarter but if your team lacks motivation isn’t that on the head coach & assistants? One can’t expect a bunch of teenagers to be completely self motivated (granted some kids are) but the team as a whole, motivation should be cultivated by the adults around them. If I were Tarter, I’d just give it up mostly to rid myself of the stress & time involved. Richlands really does need an outside person to take the program, stay the course and build it back up and yes, motivational person who can pull the best out of every kid on that field. I’d love to see all three county team competitive again. The better we each are, the better we all are. 

32 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Nothing against Coach Tarter but if your team lacks motivation isn’t that on the head coach & assistants? One can’t expect a bunch of teenagers to be completely self motivated (granted some kids are) but the team as a whole, motivation should be cultivated by the adults around them. If I were Tarter, I’d just give it up mostly to rid myself of the stress & time involved. Richlands really does need an outside person to take the program, stay the course and build it back up and yes, motivational person who can pull the best out of every kid on that field. I’d love to see all three county team competitive again. The better we each are, the better we all are. 

Agree on all points.  Leaders inspire, motivate and educate and prepare those entrusted in their care for adversity and success.  A HC at a good program has to be a fairly energetic person.  

18 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I said that motivation was part of coaching in a earlier post this season, and had others posting that times have changed and we cannot expect the coaches to be motivators.  I kindly laughed when I read it myself.  To me that is a big part of coaching, or at least that's why we hear so much about great coaches being great motivators. 

Interesting info from fourseasonsfootball.com

A loss tonight would complete the first 0-10 season in Blue Tornado history. The 1937 Blues went 0-7-1 and the 1970 Blues went 0-9-1 but Richlands has never lost each game it has played. 

If Graham scores 15 points, this years Richlands team would be the most scored on team in Richlands history. (2013 Richlands currently holds that but also played 13 games as opposed to 10) 

A loss to Graham would be the Blues 12th consecutive loss which ties the school record for most losses in a row. The Blues lost 12 in a row from 1960-1961. 

Graham has won the last seven in the series.

103rd meeting between the Blues and G-Men dating back to 1926. Graham holds a 57-39-5 advantage. 

27 minutes ago, rvtne216 said:

A loss tonight would complete the first 0-10 season in Blue Tornado history. The 1937 Blues went 0-7-1 and the 1970 Blues went 0-9-1 but Richlands has never lost each game it has played. 

If Graham scores 15 points, this years Richlands team would be the most scored on team in Richlands history. (2013 Richlands currently holds that but also played 13 games as opposed to 10) 

A loss to Graham would be the Blues 12th consecutive loss which ties the school record for most losses in a row. The Blues lost 12 in a row from 1960-1961. 

103rd meeting between the Blues and G-Men dating back to 1926. Graham holds a 57-39-5 advantage. 

History will be made at Ernie Hicks Stadium tonight!  There has been a lot of History upon the field of play at the Ernie, but I'm sure we never saw this coming.  Hold onto your hats because I think we will continue to be on the down swing for at least 3 or 4 more years.  Rumor has it this coaching staff plans to make the Ernie their home for at least 3 (if not 4) more years, so there you have it.

4 hours ago, rvtne216 said:

Since Snake came to Graham, Richlands hasn’t beat the GMen. Gotta be pretty sweet every time he steps onto to the field at Ernie Hicks & wins. One of the best Richlands’ “ “transfers” to come to Graham, lol. 

The Blues were on the decline before Mance left then Wells’ fiasco and the Tarter/Lowe situation cemented the further decline of the once powerhouse of SWVA. I think we all are pulling for the Blues to figure it out and become competitive again but like you, I think they’ll need a changing of the guard to start the climb back up.