To All You Guys Suiting Up For The Last Time Tonight

60minuteMan

Big shout out of appreciation. You've given this old high school football junkie another great season. To the hand full of you I actually know, and the hundreds of you I've got to watch this year, Thank you. Although this probably wasn't the championship season you had hoped for, these will still be remembered as some of the best times of your life. Your dedication and hard work is truly admired. Play with Pride tonight, and give it all you got, 1 more time.

It has been a season of watching those who we expected to win, and those who we hoped would win.  I have a half full glass today, happy for the Loris Lions as they play their first playoff game tonight against the Beaufort Eagles, and a sadness seeing my big Blue Tornado probably go 0-10 tonight.   I heard a Christian artist say this last night and it was regarding a song she had written years ago.  She was telling the background as to why she had written this song.  In its lyric  she said she had been through the "burning dessert, but looking ahead saw clear blue water and had come to far to turn back now."  She said if we surrender, who do we surrender to and what do we surrender?  As she spoke this I naturally thought about my Christian walk;  this morning, in contemplation as well, how it can relate to the Blues and their program.  We should never let a season, define our legacy, or detain/cease our walk.  The trees lose their leaves in the fall, so we see what appears to be a lifeless tree, but it is only a dormant stage.  When spring appears, the tree begins to blossom with life again.   This is my hope and prayer for the Blues football program.  There are deep roots and good soil, hopefully these roots will be inundated with the water of hope, and be cultivated by those who don't deny the setback of the program, but wait for spring and new life.  

Amen!!!

2 hours ago, 60minuteMan said:

Big shout out of appreciation. You've given this old high school football junkie another great season. To the hand full of you I actually know, and the hundreds of you I've got to watch this year, Thank you. Although this probably wasn't the championship season you had hoped for, these will still be remembered as some of the best times of your life. Your dedication and hard work is truly admired. Play with Pride tonight, and give it all you got, 1 more time.