Honaker/Rural Retreat Take 2

Gridiron60

They played last Friday and Honaker won by a score. I believe Rural Retreat fumbled a TD in the end zone on one drive also. It seemed like it was a tit for tat kind of game. CalPreps has Honaker winning 40-21 right now , giving RR only a 12% chance of winning. Will the Indians keep this one close or does Honaker run away with it the second time around? 

I watched the Tigers on CW when they played Patrick Henry in the monsoon at Glade.  Their only game I've seen this year.  Don't know how the game with RR played out being a one touchdown win.  I think the Tigers are stout on offense.  Watching their defense against PH, up the middle they held well, but the perimeter, with credit to PH's speedy RB,  gave them problems.  The rain could have played a role in that.  

I will be watching the Tigers tomorrow night and hoping their play is strong on both sides of the ball and they win.  

Many games I watched at Fuller Field and cheered for the Tigers. Was in Salem cheering for them when they played for the State Championship.   

Since my Lions won't be roaring tomorrow night, will be watching the Tigers roar.  

1st half went perfect for Rural Retreat play calling kept honaker on there toes with a good mix of run and pass and the defense played great.  2nd half specifically the third quarter play calling stunk...we could throw the ball on them threw a touchdown in first half and a couple nice slant routes.(also threw for over 200 yards and 3 touchdowns last week against them.  But I dont think a single pass play was called in 3rd QTR even though the run game wasn't working. Defense couldn't defend the QB runs... They must have watched film of Holston game BC QB runs it what killed us vs cavaliers.  Refs missed a big call on last touchdown pass by Honaker the enormous lineman was definitely downfield on that play and touchdown shouldn't have counted.  Granted they might have scored the next play but still.  I honestly wasn't that impressed with Honaker... If they win state ill be shocked.  I think Patrick henry actually has the best shot at knocking them out of the remaining teams left in 1d if Goodspeed balls out.  Anyways Rural retreat had no business being the 8 seed. Way too much talent to be seeded that low.  Losing all those close games doomed them for the playoffs.  Shame to see a season with a lot of potential waisted.  Was still a great effort by the Indians throughout the year and hopefully they can do better next season.  At least they made the tournament.