Bostic’s Boys

BSG Historian

A little early for that kind of talk.  Competitive and the ball is bouncing their way a little right now, but they've not gotten into the meat of the schedule just yet.  I don't see a clear #1 in the region yet, but gonna be some scrappy games going on after the first of the year into the post-season.  

6 hours ago, BSG Historian said:

It’s going to be between him and Fugate. First year coaches duking it out. Union is shooting 3’s much better! Reminds me of Bostic’s Haysi stroke!

If this team had a big man at center, they'd be hard to handle.

If Union is playing like they did last season all they do is try to beat their man off the dribble, force the defense to collapse, then kick it to the open shooter. If teams would stay home on defense at the 3pt line and make the driver make a tough contested shot, Union would be an easy out. They have no size so they aren't going to beat you in the paint if you have any kind of rim protection at all. 

There are so many coaches that don't know how to scout teams and take away what they want to do. The best players in swva on boys and girls for the most part can only score going one direction. Make them go the other way and you might as well put them in a straightjacket. But coaches don't tell their players this and watch the same kids go out and score 25 pts night after night. 

• 3 weeks later...

3 minutes ago, BSG Historian said:

3-0 in the district! Bostic's Boys keep rolling!!

I know it didn’t count but they did get beat by Central in the wise tourney