Uva-Wise Tournament

Wade_1

8 hours ago, Wade_1 said:

First round games; 

eastside vs lee 

central vs rye cove

ridgeview vs lebanon

chilhowie vs burton 

I’m going to go with Eastside (easily), Central (easily), Lebanon (decent game), chilhowie (easily). Lebanon and rv is probably the only good game in the first round. However, the second round is when things start to get interesting 

On 12/24/2023 at 9:12 AM, Stelley said:

I’m going to go with Eastside (easily), Central (easily), Lebanon (decent game), chilhowie (easily). Lebanon and rv is probably the only good game in the first round. However, the second round is when things start to get interesting 

Agree

4 hours ago, DaddyDave said:

Does anyone have a schedule for this tournament?

(Game 1) Chilhowie vs Burton 4pm

(Game 2) Lee vs Eastside 5:30pm

(Game 3) Lebanon vs Ridgeview 7:00pm

(Game 4) central vs Rye Cove is 8:30pm 

Next day:

Shelby Valley plays Game 3 winner at 4:00pm

Union plays Game 1 winner at 5:30pm

Virginia High plays Game 4 winner at 7:00pm

Honaker plays Game 2 winner at 8:30pm

2 hours ago, pakdastands said:

Any upsets out of tonight's games? Who is most likely to be upset?

The only one of these games that has the slightest chance of being an upset is Lee upsetting eastside

8 minutes ago, pakdastands said:

Would that be an upset? I dont know how either teams season has gone so far

I don’t know if Lee has even won a game yet and I expect eastside to win the Cumberland pretty easily (which is not saying much considering whoever is the three seed from the hogo will beat them). So is it an upset? Maybe. Is it going to be entertaining to watch? Probably not

30 minutes ago, Stelley said:

I don’t know if Lee has even won a game yet and I expect eastside to win the Cumberland pretty easily (which is not saying much considering whoever is the three seed from the hogo will beat them). So is it an upset? Maybe. Is it going to be entertaining to watch? Probably not

Lee beat Hancock County in the season opener.  Lost to Abingdon and Ridgeview in district play.  Then led Twin Springs for the majority of the game this past Friday but lost the lead in the 4th and couldn't recover.

1 minute ago, jwgarrett20 said:

Lee beat Hancock County in the season opener.  Lost to Abingdon and Ridgeview in district play.  Then led Twin Springs for the majority of the game this past Friday but lost the lead in the 4th and couldn't recover.

If I’m not mistaken ph (who will probably be the hogo 3 seed) beat twin springs (favored to be second behind eastside in the Cumberland) by 15+. That’s why I said that it could be an upset if Lee won. Deep swva teams add teams like Hancock county to the schedule just for easy wins. Granted a win is a win but to me it does not mean v much to beat a team like that.

1 hour ago, Stelley said:

If I’m not mistaken ph (who will probably be the hogo 3 seed) beat twin springs (favored to be second behind eastside in the Cumberland) by 15+. That’s why I said that it could be an upset if Lee won. Deep swva teams add teams like Hancock county to the schedule just for easy wins. Granted a win is a win but to me it does not mean v much to beat a team like that.

PH also beat TS by 3 in Nicklesville. 

The Hogo has the better teams no doubt about it at the top this year.  The Cumberland is very young overall. RC returns the most depth but is still very young.  They are starting to get their basketball legs so hopefully they will have it together coming out of this tourney when district play starts next week.

Quarterfinals

4 pm

Lebanon vs. Shelby Valley

5:30 pm

Union vs. Chilhowie

7 pm

Virginia High vs Central

8:30 pm

Honaker vs Lee

I’ll take Lebanon, Union, Virginia High, and Honaker winning tmrw night 

25 minutes ago, Stelley said:

Quarterfinals

4 pm

Lebanon vs. Ridgeview

Union vs. Chilhowie

7 pm

Virginia High vs Central

Honaker vs Lee

I agree. I think Chilhowie has a shot to upset Union. It’s weird how teams match up. West Ridge beat Union, but Chilhowie beat West Ridge. Some good ball ahead of us for sure. 

6 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

Lebanon beat Ridgeview tonight.  They will play Shelby Valley tomorrow.  Should be a tough test for the Pioneers.

If Lebanon wants to win they need to score 80+ every night. They need to learn how to play sone defense if they want to make a deep run 

1 hour ago, Rev833 said:

I agree. I think Chilhowie has a shot to upset Union. It’s weird how teams match up. West Ridge beat Union, but Chilhowie beat West Ridge. Some good ball ahead of us for sure. 

Should definitely be entertaining. Didn’t chilhowie have an absolute insane night shooting when they beat west ridge?

In my opinion a predictable first round slate with the Lee/eastside being a toss up with Lee taking it. 

I think the first 3 games tomorrow will be great games. The 8:30 one, not so much. 

9 hours ago, Stelley said:

Quarterfinals

4 pm

Lebanon vs. Ridgeview

Union vs. Chilhowie

7 pm

Virginia High vs Central

Honaker vs Lee

Lebanon and RV already played.  Lebanon won and now faces Shelby Valley in second round.

23 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Shouldn’t Chilhowie be favored? They’ve been on a roll and beat West Ridge who beat both GC and Union. If Bears win, I think it’s an upset. 

After watching them play against Burton yesterday...I have no clue how they beat West Ridge and GC