Far Southwest Virginia Top 10 - December 31, 2023 - Version 3

Stelley

13 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Graham's youth showed last night.  A lot of mistakes and V-High played very well.  Lack of a big man underneath will hurt Graham, that always seems to be a problem for them.

Graham will struggle without a big man underneath when they play teams who have one. They have to learn to post up. I don’t see sustained success unless they do that. They cannot rely on the 3 pointers. They missed a ton last night. They seemed to be playing more like individuals than a team which is probably due to the youth factor. 

BigW I agree with you. From Central to Graham to VH to Union to Lebanon to Gate City, there just isn't anything standing out. I still think Graham wins the region if I had to pick a team, but largely by default and here's the thing, it's the same scenario in Region 2C. Add Floyd County and Martinsville and maybe Radford and you have 9 basketball teams that are within 7 points of each other on any given day in the West.  May sound crazy, but I think there's 9 teams thst could represent the West against JM and all 9 have a similar chance. Just my opinion. 

13 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I don’t believe Graham is the clear by far top team in 2D if they’re losing by 20 at home to just a pretty good VHS team. I think there’s a pack of 6-8 teams that could all either win the region or lose in round one. 

I agree