Far Southwest Virginia Top 10 - January 7 - Version 4

Stelley

Lots of games this coming week that could determine seeding for region play in 2D

1. Gate City

2. Lebanon 

3. Graham

4. Union

5. Virginia High

6. Central

7. Honaker

8. Abingdon

9. Marion

10. Ridgeview

I believe 1-8 could beat anyone on any given night

1 minute ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Agree, 1 through 8 are interchangeable 

If I’m not mistaken I’m pretty sure that everyone has beaten and been beat by a 1-8 team. Gate city is the only team to not have played one of these 8 and Graham has yet to beat one of these 8 ( only played v high)

I was not at all impressed with Graham last week against a mediocre Galax team. Off night or is that the extent of what 2D has to offer? If the later, 2D is pretty weak. 

1 minute ago, sixcat said:

I was not at all impressed with Graham last week against a mediocre Galax team. Off night or is that the extent of what 2D has to offer? If the later, 2D is pretty weak. 

I’m just giving them the benefit of the doubt. Most of these teams (if not all) were not at all impressive during their first couple of games. Maybe they can turn the ship around

4 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I'm not trying to be too much negative Nancy here and I know and apologize for it coming off this way, but so help me God, I'm just being objective from one guy's opinion, and I think it's all 2D has to offer, but unfortunately, the same with 2C. I think  GW and Auburn would win 2D overwhelmingly and Narrows would have a shot at it. It's the worst I've ever seen 2D in my lifetime memory of watching HS basketball in SWVA. 

I'm still going Graham in 2D because of the athleticism by default. It's about matchups though. If Graham faces some guys with size (VA High) and has an off shooting night, they lose easily. 6 teams can win Region D.

18 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Just noticed that George Wythe is nowhere in @Stelley rankings... Granted they lost to Auburn last night, but any top 10 without G-Dub in it is invalid.

I think his list is counting those west of GW

21 minutes ago, Wade_1 said:

I think his list is counting those west of GW

Yea I’m just counting region d. Know too little about region c. I just know that GW is very good and auburn is also good. Also heard that GW was out 2 starters. Anyone have any confirmation on that?

25 minutes ago, Stelley said:

Yea I’m just counting region d. Know too little about region c. I just know that GW is very good and auburn is also good. Also heard that GW was out 2 starters. Anyone have any confirmation on that?

Article doesn't mention anything specifically, though I didn't see Kirtner's name in the box score, so I assume he was out at the very least.  There's no way he's being held scoreless if he's playing.

29 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Article doesn't mention anything specifically, though I didn't see Kirtner's name in the box score, so I assume he was out at the very least.  There's no way he's being held scoreless if he's playing.

Also didn’t see campbells name in the box score

16 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Graham may have to bring a couple bodies up from JV a little later in the season.  

They held their own with Bluefield until the 4th quarter then game got away from them. I’m no basketball ball coach but I would have used Floyd. I guess he’s still benched. He didn’t play but dressed out.