M7 Slate Friday 1/12

Wade_1

59 minutes ago, Observer said:

Game of the night will be the Ridgeview-Abingdon girls game.  It will be interesting to see what Ridgeview does to try to slow down Trivette.

Probably correct, but Ridgeview obliterated Battle.  I think Abingdon struggled with Battle.

1 hour ago, Observer said:

Game of the night will be the Ridgeview-Abingdon girls game.  It will be interesting to see what Ridgeview does to try to slow down Trivette.

jimmy brown has that covered for them,   I would not be suprised if this a 1 year and leave for Trivette at abingdon!!!

9 hours ago, stan.the.man said:

jimmy brown has that covered for them,   I would not be suprised if this a 1 year and leave for Trivette at abingdon!!!

She is definitely being wasted at Abingdon.  She will be at Central next year

8 hours ago, jwgarrett20 said:

She is definitely being wasted at Abingdon.  She will be at Central next year

If you think she's being wasted at Abingdon, then Central isn't the place to go.  Next year is McAmis' senior year and they will be doing everything they can to get her to the top of the state scoring list.

58 minutes ago, Observer said:

If you think she's being wasted at Abingdon, then Central isn't the place to go.  Next year is McAmis' senior year and they will be doing everything they can to get her to the top of the state scoring list.

I was being sarcastic lol.  

7 minutes ago, stan.the.man said:

I don't think central will be the place she goes!!!

I don't either.  I was being sarcastic since they recruit pretty much anyone with a pulse in SWVA.  Their JV is the Central War-Bears as it is

2 hours ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

GC boys are scary! Best of luck to the rest of the M7 teams figuring them out.

Should they win the region? Yea probably. Do they have to most loaded roster? Not really. Granted they probably have the best player in the region in Garrett. But outside of that I’ve only seen one other player on the squad impress me.

Abingdon/Ridgeview and Battle/Central both have been called off.  Abingdon and Ridgeview are now next Thursday.

Even Dobyns-Bennett and Science Hill postponed tonight and Tennessee schools rarely postpone games.

Not sure if Gate City/Union is still on or not.

3 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Abingdon/Ridgeview and Battle/Central both have been called off.  Abingdon and Ridgeview are now next Thursday.

Even Dobyns-Bennett and Science Hill postponed tonight and Tennessee schools rarely postpone games.

Not sure if Gate City/Union is still on or not.

Any news on if the GC/ Union game is still on?

20 hours ago, Wade_1 said:

Final GC 66, Union 63 

Union was up 1 with 40 seconds left. They commit a reach in foul to send GC to the line to take the lead

Yea I’m pretty sure it’s safe to say now that nobody is the favorite to win the region. Lebanon, gate city, Union, V High, Graham, and Central can win it. First time in a very long time that there seems to not be a clear favorite for the region.

Nice win for GC, but I agree you with you Stelley. The fact that the Bears were up by a point with 40 seconds left tells me the difference in GC and Union is close to none. GC had kind of,..........or was looking like they might be the one separating from the pack and ahead of the 6 or so 2D teams that are neck and neck and with Union's losses this season, it was looking like Union might be on the lower realm or maybe 5th or 6th best out of those 6 competing 2D teams.  Well, neither of the above is true. All dang 6 of them are so close you can flip a coin for any contest. I got Union, GC, Graham, Lebanon, VH, Central Wise about all with a coin flip.

These 6 teams are alarmingly close and al 6 are alarmingly close with Floyd County who I think will win 2C. Glenvar, Radford, and Martinsville will still have something to say about that, and if you want to put it a other way, count all 10 teams (6 from D and 4 from C) and all of them are actually very close and i hate to say it......not one of the 10 are what I would call a "good" basketball team by historical class 2 standards. They are "above average" teams for the 2023-24 season.

Forget about JM from region 2A, but.....Greensville County and Bruton from Class 2, region A, would wipe the floor with all 10 teams mentioned above from the west In My Opinion only.

9 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Nice win for GC, but I agree you with you Stelley. The fact that the Bears were up by a point with 40 seconds left tells me the difference in GC and Union is close to none. GC had kind of,..........or was looking like they might be the one separating from the pack and ahead of the 6 or so 2D teams that are neck and neck and with Union's losses this season, it was looking like Union might be on the lower realm or maybe 5th or 6th best out of those 6 competing 2D teams.  Well, neither of the above is true. All dang 6 of them are so close you can flip a coin for any contest. I got Union, GC, Graham, Lebanon, VH, Central Wise about all with a coin flip.

These 6 teams are alarmingly close and al 6 are alarmingly close with Floyd County who I think will win 2C. Glenvar, Radford, and Martinsville will still have something to say about that, and if you want to put it a other way, count all 10 teams (6 from D and 4 from C) and all of them are actually very close and i hate to say it......not one of the 10 are what I would call a "good" basketball team by historical class 2 standards. They are "above average" teams for the 2023-24 season.

Forget about JM from region 2A, but.....Greensville County and Bruton from Class 2, region A, would wipe the floor with all 10 teams mentioned above from the west In My Opinion only.

And that’s why I feel like the VHSL needs an overhaul of the current system. Teams in region c and d are 1a and 2a because some of them would have to drive 45 mins just to reach another school. Teams in A and B are the opposite. Most people I know from out that way are 15 mins away from 4+ schools and that allows for them to just go to the school who is the best that year. Most teams in our area can’t contend with those teams unless they build a super squad of transfers. Two of the only teams (that I can remember) that have won state championships with zero transfers and all of the players originally from the town they played for are Lebanons two baseball state championship teams in ‘21 and ‘23.

1 hour ago, 1inStripes said:

Did Garrett miss much time in that game?  Saw a headline he took a rough fall possibly but was able to return.

He was out for like a minute worth of game time