Southwest Virginia Top 10 - January 20 - Version 5

Stelley

Well not much action this past week and a half. also going to list the teams that 1-6 has beaten that were also 1-6.

1. Gate City ( 1 win against Union)

2. Lebanon (1 win against Union 1 loss against Virginia High)

3. Virginia High (2 wins against Graham and Lebanon 1 loss to Central)

4.Central ( 3 wins against Virginia High and Union twice)

5. Graham ( 1 loss against Virginia High)

6. Union ( 4 losses against Leb, GC, Central twice)

7. Honaker (also going throw in their record against these teams) 2 wins against Lebanon Central 4 losses against Union twice Lebanon Central

8. Abingdon

9. Patrick Henry

10. Ridgeview/ JB

(some info might be wrong so feel free to correct me)

1 hour ago, S10SQUAREBODY4LIFE said:

Graham must not mix it up much with the M7, probably make for some interesting matchups.  anyone keep a page like fourseasons football page?

I’d love to see Graham and Abingdon play. Would be interesting to see how Graham handles the big man.

On 1/21/2024 at 3:18 PM, Stelley said:

I’d love to see Graham and Abingdon play. Would be interesting to see how Graham handles the big man.

They couldn’t handle VH’s big man. They play Lebanon Tuesday. It will be interesting to see if Graham can get the win. Richlands stayed right with Graham until 3rd Q. With that said, Graham is definitely clicking better than the VH game. I still think they’ll struggle with teams who have a “big man” in the paint. 

23 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

They couldn’t handle VH’s big man. They play Lebanon Tuesday. It will be interesting to see if Graham can get the win. Richlands stayed right with Graham until 3rd Q. With that said, Graham is definitely clicking better than the VH game. I still think they’ll struggle with teams who have a “big man” in the paint. 

Lebanon needs to turn the ship around if the want to beat Graham. Too many egos on the team and it especially doesn’t help the fact that they’re the latest to be affected by the worst disease in sports. Daddy ball. They play Union tonight so hopefully they will start playing as a team again tonight

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

Union plays Leb tonight? Where?

They play at Virginia High at 7. Have a feeling this time Union will get revenge and beat us by 20.

23 minutes ago, Stelley said:

They play at Virginia High at 7. Have a feeling this time Union will get revenge and beat us by 20.

Going to be tough to win at VH. VH had a pretty good club and the big one underneath creates real problems for other 2D teams who have limited size underneath the basket.

4 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Going to be tough to win at VH. VH had a pretty good club and the big one underneath creates real problems for other 2D teams who have limited size underneath the basket.

I think he meant Union plays Lebanon at VH but I could be wrong. 

Just now, Gridiron60 said:

I think he meant Union plays Lebanon at VH but I could be wrong. 

My bad. I messed it up as usual. As for Tazewell playing VH within 4 I didnt see the score but if that did happen.....well....it's the wonderful story of 2D spin the wheel. Remember about 15 years ago where the ACC had parity in football because it sucked and Clemson wasn't back yet. Miami and FSU were decent then but not great and VT was good. Remember Reece Davis and Fowler and Herby having that wheel of destiny for the ACC basically joking about how nobody stood out and anything could happen and they would spin the wheel every week. Well, thats 2D this year in Hoops.

41 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Very tight game. Union is def top five in region D 

Def top 5. Still wouldn’t put them ahead of Lebanon. Lebanon already beat them once and they lost by 1 tonight while having two starters out and shooting a horrendous 12-21 from the line

4 hours ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

How did VHS only beat Tazewell by 4 last night? LOL Geez...

Ethan Carpenter either tore his meniscus or acl at Richlands and is out for the season. Richlands needs to stop playing at that high school. There’s numerous videos of “nasty ankle breakers” at Richlands this season when in reality it’s just the floor is very slick. 

33 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Played well tonight against Marion, 40 point win.  May need to bring up a couple more jv players at seasons end, if they get in foul trouble, only having 8 players 

I think most of the JV are 8th graders but definitely might have to bring up a couple if they can. It’s a shame they lost Isabelle & Floyd. 

49 minutes ago, Stelley said:

Def top 5. Still wouldn’t put them ahead of Lebanon. Lebanon already beat them once and they lost by 1 tonight while having two starters out and shooting a horrendous 12-21 from the line

I think both are top five. Union Leb GC VHS Graham and Central are clear top six. 

2 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Is Lebanons 2nd beat player iut for the season or not? I thought I read something on here about that.

Their starting point guard and main ball handler has been banged up since the wise tourney and has been hurt again in the honaker and the first 2 minutes of the union game last week but I heard he was going to fight through it. Arguably the most athletic player they have will be out with an ankle sprain in Parker. He’s averaging close to double digit points. So best case scenario they will only be down one starter.

Graham sweeps Lebanon.

Graham Varsity boys beat Lebanon pretty handily. Graham had several fouls early though. Lebanon came out strong the first couple minutes of 2nd half. 

Running clock late in the 4th for a bit. Ray & Disibbio hit several of 3s. Lebanon had a few too. I’m not sure what starters might have been out for Lebanon.  The Reece kid played & Wess kid, they both seemed to be the better players for Lebanon tonight. 

71-43 Final