Early season thoughts

After a couple of games in the season here are some of my thoughts. If abingdon and Lebanon can both clean up their game a little bit I feel like they are state contenders. Battle should make it to the state tourney. Marion is solid, tazewell is solid, Virginia high is decent but they should get better as the season goes on, Central is decent, and Richlands could probably beat just about anyone in the region if hale is having a good day on the mound. On the softball side i feel like Lebanon and Richlands are competing for the region and then everyone else is playing for 3rd place

13 hours ago, Stelley said:

After a couple of games in the season here are some of my thoughts. If abingdon and Lebanon can both clean up their game a little bit I feel like they are state contenders. Marion is solid, tazewell is solid, Virginia high is decent but they should get better as the season goes on, Central is decent, and Richlands could probably beat just about anyone in the region if hale is having a good day on the mound. On the softball side i feel like Lebanon and Richlands are competing for the region and then everyone else is playing for 3rd place

On the softball side, you seem to be discounting the Mountain 7 teams awfully early in the season

3 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Here is my thought...

If Lebanon's stick and ball teams would touch home plate after they hit home runs, they might would win more games... 😄

It is a crazy concept yes😳😳

3 hours ago, jwgarrett20 said:

On the softball side, you seem to be discounting the Mountain 7 teams awfully early in the season

Wasn’t discounting them early I was just going off of what Info I’ve had available. Lee is supposed to be a front runner and got no hit by Richlands. Lebanon run ruled a 4a team and then beat another 4a school 10-2. Also would have beat a very very good tn high team if they would have touched the plate 

4 hours ago, jwgarrett20 said:

I’m not sure why? SWD has Lebanon who will be competitive but how competitive will Tazewell be without the Compton girl? Richlands might be pretty good but unless things have changed Marion & Graham shouldn’t be contenders and well, VA High isn’t even fielding a team. 

52 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

Oh dang, I hadnt heard about them missing the plate on a HR last night.  Was impressed they went extras with TN High though even with Compton not starting.

Did she come in later? 

37 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I’m not sure why? SWD has Lebanon who will be competitive but how competitive will Tazewell be without the Compton girl? Richlands might be pretty good but unless things have changed Marion & Graham shouldn’t be contenders and well, VA High isn’t even fielding a team. 

Sorry for the lack of clarification. Every thing I said before “on the softball side” was referring to baseball. And to answer the other question yes they brought her in later and I don’t exactly know how much of the damage was done off her except for the “home run”

58 minutes ago, Stelley said:

Sorry for the lack of clarification. Every thing I said before “on the softball side” was referring to baseball. And to answer the other question yes they brought her in later and I don’t exactly know how much of the damage was done off her except for the “home run”

Lebanon scored all of their runs before Compton entered the game

23 hours ago, jwgarrett20 said:

Seen that Ridgeview walloped Grundy the other night 22-0.  Grundy may not have the best team, but the scoreline caught my eye for sure.

Union could be decent, but they are atrocious defensively. 4 errors in the exta inning loss to Eastside Saturday and FIVE in the 17-6 5 inning romp over JIB. I think 3 errors is the fewest in a game this season:(

On 3/20/2024 at 3:29 PM, jwgarrett20 said:

Lebanon scored all of their runs before Compton entered the game

They didnt have a single hit after Compton entered according to the stats I've seen. They are a good offensive team regardless. Dont know much about their defense.

On 3/20/2024 at 1:51 PM, Gridiron60 said:

Tazewell has a couple decent pitchers. But i dont see them competing for region without Compton. Dont know anything about Marion. They still have their ace from last year?

On 3/21/2024 at 2:53 PM, Unchained said:

Union could be decent, but they are atrocious defensively. 4 errors in the exta inning loss to Eastside Saturday and FIVE in the 17-6 5 inning romp over JIB. I think 3 errors is the fewest in a game this season:(

They must be decent if they went extras with Eastside. With Sartin on the rubber, Eastside is a strong team. Not sure how strong their offense is 

2 hours ago, Westisthebest said:

They didnt have a single hit after Compton entered according to the stats I've seen. They are a good offensive team regardless. Dont know much about their defense.

Well they hit a home run that didn’t count, so that’s the loudest out possible. 

5 minutes ago, Tigerman10 said:

Well they hit a home run that didn’t count, so that’s the loudest out possible. 

I’m pretty sure it still counts as a triple