VA Playoffs...Biggest SHOCKER of the night...

Sambo

I've seen Rockbridge Co. with Mayo at full strength...Richlands wins by 3-4 TDs...but let's not get ahead of ourselves...they may not make it past James Monroe/Park View (SH) and Richlands may not get past Hidden Valley...OK, who are we kidding...Richlands by 4-5 TDs over Hidden Valley...

[ QUOTE ]

I've seen Rockbridge Co. with Mayo at full strength...Richlands wins by 3-4 TDs...but let's not get ahead of ourselves...they may not make it past James Monroe/Park View (SH) and Richlands may not get past Hidden Valley...OK, who are we kidding...Richlands by 4-5 TDs over Hidden Valley...

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't understand PVHS (South Hill) ... they got handed their rear by Powhatan at home like 69-6. And everyone keeps telling me Powhatan has cheesecloth for defense. It is just one of the deals where I think I'll keep my mouth shut and let the kids settle on the field. In bluefieldrules threads I've picked against Powhatan and South Hill all the way through. I'm normally wrong in threads of that nature. The Amherst game doesn't surprise me. The Gretna loss certainly does. I figured that one would be a barn burner and not a defensive struggle. Shows what I know.

I've picked Louisa til the finals ... hell maybe they are for real. I respect a high-schooler punching a 44-yard FG through with 2 seconds left. That Region II, Division 4 is apparently real strong. However, when was the last time Louisa has "BEEN THERE" though.

Man, I respect the poise the G-Men came out with in the game tonight. They came ready to play. I wish I was there.

Goochland is a county school in Goochland Co., just west of Richmond...they are the second largest Class A school for the next R&R period in VA with an enrollment of 736 students.

They are much like Powhatan, another school just west of Richmond, was several years ago...large Class A school in a rapidly growing area with an athletic program that is getting better and better as the numbers grow...Powhatan beat Giles in the Division 2 State Championship game in 1996 them won the Division 4 Championship in 2003 over William Fleming and lost to Salem last year in the Championship game. Powhatan is now one of the larger Class AA schools and will likely have AAA number by 2010.

[ QUOTE ]

Goochland is a county school in Goochland Co., just west of Richmond...they are the second largest Class A school for the next R&R period in VA with an enrollment of 736 students.

They are much like Powhatan, another school just west of Richmond, was several years ago...large Class A school in a rapidly growing area with an athletic program that is getting better and better as the numbers grow...Powhatan beat Giles in the Division 2 State Championship game in 1996 them won the Division 4 Championship in 2003 over William Fleming and lost to Salem last year in the Championship game. Powhatan is now one of the larger Class AA schools and will likely have AAA number by 2010.

[/ QUOTE ]

Goochland trails Powhatan in growth apparently even though they both have relative proximity to the burbs of Richmond. Powhatan is a large AA, Region I school ... and the only division 4 school in the southside district. They still trail some of those "beach" schools like Lafayette in population though. Goochland will likely make a huge jump in student population in the next 2-4 years. Louisa, which is right there, is another source of extreme growth.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Was that Rockbridge or Martinsville in the Grid o Rama that had the qb that was so fast?

[/ QUOTE ]

Rockbridge Co....Marcus Mayo...

[/ QUOTE ]I read his profile on VA Preps, and it said a few teams were interested. He's not a D1 QB, DB,WR,or KR he'd be great at though.

Isn't he getting some D1 offers/looks?

[/ QUOTE ]

This goes to show you guys that when you get into the playoffs anything can happen. I'm not big on predictions going into the playoffs. I just sort of ignore them because they mean nothing. Most Richlands fans and JI Burton fans already have the trophy in the case.............What's up with that?????

[ QUOTE ]

Most Richlands fans and JI Burton fans already have the trophy in the case.............What's up with that?????

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you figure? Show me one post from a Richlands fan over age 14 that has to do with anything beyond Saturday's game!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Most Richlands fans and JI Burton fans already have the trophy in the case.............What's up with that?????

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you figure? Show me one post from a Richlands fan over age 14 that has to do with anything beyond Saturday's game!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey man, you can't put disclaimers on your crazy posters. We can't muzzle ours, you can't muzzle yours! lol

No need to show a post. All you have to do is be at a Richlands game or JI Burton game and that is all you hear everybody saying. "We got this one boys." "No way were losing this one." "The VHSL may as well just hand us the trophy men, it's ours." "They might as well just go ahead and put it in the case."

I'm not saying either will lose, but with this post being in regards to "SHOCKERS"? Could happen to either one of these teams. Ever think of that? Most likely they both will win, but the trophy is not in the case yet.

[ QUOTE ]

No need to show a post. All you have to do is be at a Richlands game or JI Burton game and that is all you hear everybody saying. "We got this one boys." "No way were losing this one." "The VHSL may as well just hand us the trophy men, it's ours." "They might as well just go ahead and put it in the case."

I'm not saying either will lose, but with this post being in regards to "SHOCKERS"? Could happen to either one of these teams. Ever think of that? Most likely they both will win, but the trophy is not in the case yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm from Richlands and I've been to several Richlands games this season. Also, I live in Wise which is only 2 minutes from Norton and I haven't heard a single person say any of those phrases you quoted in your post. Where do yuo live and how many games have you been to?

R.E.LEE had nothing from what I seen along with Harrisionburg.I watched them play each other for the district championship.Was hoping Lee would have to face the blues for the state but did'nt think they would advance too far. GO BIG BLUE !!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That statement was the Richlands team of last year, But I think they may have there heads screwed on a little tighter this year.