HARD HITS

marshallman

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justin Burton hit on a Lebanon player on a kickoff, he hit the ball carrier so hard that the ball went one way the Lebanon player helmet went the other way. And when the kid tried to walk off the field he started off on the 50td line and by time he got to the sideline he was at the 20yd line. Guess you just had to be there!!!

One of the biggest hits i seen was Richlands and Honaker early in the year. The Honaker players helmet actually flew off. I do not recollect if it was a kickoff or punt return. BigD actually got a pic of his helmet flying off.

[ QUOTE ]

it wasnt yalls qb, it was the long snapper that hit the carroll kid returning the punts!. i know im that kid!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

McCracken (the QB) is also the long snapper. I remember it so well because I should've had the shot. I was focused and ready but the hit was so hard I just looked up and said "Ohhh!" like everyone else. Same situation with Clayburne's hit against Tazewell... I was right there and ready but didn't make the shot. I got Wicks' hit Friday night though!!! The pictures will be up tonight or tomorrow morning.

Giles' linebacker Billy Cook hit the Narrows tailback as he got the handoff on the 2nd play of the game. It caused a fumble and Giles recovered in the endzone for a TD. It was Just plumb nasty. He had a similar hit against Grayson Co. and Latrell Keys of Blacksburg.

[ QUOTE ]

The hit on mCcracken friday night was a slobber knocker and gets my vote.took him a while to get up and had to come out for 1 play as a rule but that was a good clean clockin.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya it was a hard hit..but clean it was not!!!! It was a late hit and thats pretty much what turned the game around for richlands...the crowd became invovled and everything went downhill for graham then..so it was a hard hit but the worst thing that could have happend to graham

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The hit on mCcracken friday night was a slobber knocker and gets my vote.took him a while to get up and had to come out for 1 play as a rule but that was a good clean clockin.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya it was a hard hit..but clean it was not!!!! It was a late hit and thats pretty much what turned the game around for richlands...the crowd became invovled and everything went downhill for graham then..so it was a hard hit but the worst thing that could have happend to graham

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't look late from the pressbox, but I would love to see the film, a few people after the game indicated that it was. I agree that it certainly got the crowd going!

[ QUOTE ]

Justin Burton hit on a Lebanon player on a kickoff, he hit the ball carrier so hard that the ball went one way the Lebanon player helmet went the other way. And when the kid tried to walk off the field he started off on the 50td line and by time he got to the sideline he was at the 20yd line. Guess you just had to be there!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

There were several hard hits by Tazewell in that game. The hit that Riddle put on the Musick kid from Lebanon, gave him a concussion. But that HIT by Justin Burton was one of the hardest hits I've seen in a few yrs. If you remember the kid from lebanon started walking towards the Tazewell sideline first and the coaches had to pull him back towards the lebanon bench...lol....now thats a bigtime hit!