Rich Rodriguez to Alabama?

BigD4VT

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

South Florida will be the strongest program in the Big East in five years.

[/ QUOTE ]

could be.....I really expect the Bulls to start performing well.....with FSU and Miami sucking right now, i bet the bulls will pick up some good recruits

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

You call yourself a WVU fan and you dont even know that Pat Whites scholly was recended because he refused to play CB and wanted to be a QB. Keep livin the dream in the Big Least cause every kid in America is just dying to go there. Hows it going to feel if the Big Least ever gets some real football teams. Slaton wont be as fast then, will he. Ahem... South FLORIDA! Good showing. LSU has recruits leave constantly to attend WVU. I saw it on a WVU message board! lol. VT is better and I absolutly hate them. Morgantown has one good thing, the fans. There football team should have darted for the ACC. Oh, thats right they werent invited. They chose BC over them. Lets gooooooo mountaineers. To the Insight Bowl! laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Here you go smarty pants. This is from a rivals recruting website.

Quarterback/athlete Pat White pulled a signing day surprise by switching his allegiance from 2003 national champion LSU to West Virginia, signing his letter-of-intent this morning at Daphne High School. The Mobile, Ala., native committed to LSU, where he would have been a wide receiver, in late January, but had a change of heart and will now be a quarterback for the Mountaineers.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/noaccess.asp?SID=1144&script=/content.asp&CID=264525

Enuff Said

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

start facing reality!

[/ QUOTE ]

thats probably the most ironic thing i have ever heard...

reality lets see...that is WVU winning 5 national championships in the next 10 years, right? no wait...wait...it's pat white winning a super bowl as a starting QB...no.. i keep messing up... i forgot what i was talking about...

[/ QUOTE ]

pat white will play qb in the nfl

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

this article worries me...

http://www.wvmetronews.com/index_forsub.cfm?func=displayfullstory&storyid=17521

[/ QUOTE ]

Pat Forde was just on a radio show and is refuting the story. Greg Hunter from WVMetronews apparently misinterpreted him. This is a crazy situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly hope so for WVU and for Rich Rod.....think about how many wvu fans would be trying to kill him before he left morgantown

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

this article worries me...

http://www.wvmetronews.com/index_forsub.cfm?func=displayfullstory&storyid=17521

[/ QUOTE ]

Pat Forde was just on a radio show and is refuting the story. Greg Hunter from WVMetronews apparently misinterpreted him. This is a crazy situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly hope so for WVU and for Rich Rod.....think about how many wvu fans would be trying to kill him before he left morgantown

[/ QUOTE ]

COACH ROD ON THE STATEWIDE SPORTSLINE. HE IS VERY PISSED THAT THE RUMORS ARE GOING AROUND, ESPECIALLY WITH THE WVMETRONEWS REPORT. Looks like Gman and Godfather was wrong.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

were wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

my gramher wuz rong rite dere(((

Pat White, Owen Schmitt, Steve Slaton, and Darius Reynaud all new Big East recruits. Pitt's top 10 recruiting class, thats new.

[/ QUOTE ]

USF loved Slaton and White. Pitt sucks. What's your point?

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

Pat White, Owen Schmitt, Steve Slaton, and Darius Reynaud all new Big East recruits. Pitt's top 10 recruiting class, thats new.

[/ QUOTE ]

USF loved Slaton and White. Pitt sucks. What's your point?

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is that you were wrong, get it? got it? GOOD

OK smarty pants, the change of heart came from LSU. It never stated that the scholly was recinded due to his lack of compliance for the direction LSU wanted him to go? ACC, SEC, etc. beat up on each other. Did you watch the game? Good game between 2 high octaine high school teams. Bama has RR as a last option due to him being a unproven coach in a weak confrence. SOS was the first choice. He got what he wanted from SC by flirting. He had a son playing QB there and that was his reluctance for going. Not to mention the rest of his family there. RR is safe. He will get a chance to lose a few more games against no name teams in a no name confrence. If he was smart he would go take the Miami job if they do not get a upper level coach. You cannot possibly be serious about the Big Least being stronger than the ACC. My God Rutgers in 3 OT, Rutgers man. That is who was playing for the Big Least title. Can you sit on this board and possibly berate any other confrence in football? Maybe the MAC and SUN BELT. LOL WVU is a decent team, with decent atheletes who struggle to win games against AWFUL schools. Please! Your coach is safe for now. Would I like to see him in the SEC for the tide YES. Only if he took out the 3-3-5 D.Schedule some SEC teams and we will talk. You saw what loosing to the Eers did to Georgia. Thanks for that one. GMAN right now the new head coach of the Tide appears to be playing the JAGS this weekend. If they lose, wait for the word.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

OK smarty pants, the change of heart came from LSU. It never stated that the scholly was recinded due to his lack of compliance for the direction LSU wanted him to go? ACC, SEC, etc. beat up on each other. Did you watch the game? Good game between 2 high octaine high school teams. Bama has RR as a last option due to him being a unproven coach in a weak confrence. SOS was the first choice. He got what he wanted from SC by flirting. He had a son playing QB there and that was his reluctance for going. Not to mention the rest of his family there. RR is safe. He will get a chance to lose a few more games against no name teams in a no name confrence. If he was smart he would go take the Miami job if they do not get a upper level coach. You cannot possibly be serious about the Big Least being stronger than the ACC. My God Rutgers in 3 OT, Rutgers man. That is who was playing for the Big Least title. Can you sit on this board and possibly berate any other confrence in football? Maybe the MAC and SUN BELT. LOL WVU is a decent team, with decent atheletes who struggle to win games against AWFUL schools. Please! Your coach is safe for now. Would I like to see him in the SEC for the tide YES. Only if he took out the 3-3-5 D.Schedule some SEC teams and we will talk. You saw what loosing to the Eers did to Georgia. Thanks for that one. GMAN right now the new head coach of the Tide appears to be playing the JAGS this weekend. If they lose, wait for the word.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wake Forest's 9-6 win over Georgia Tech was VERY IMPRESSIVE. Enough of this stuff, lets just wait until the bowl games are over. We will see how they are played and then we will critique the conferences.

I agree. To be honest WVU is my favorite local team. I am a SEC fan that holds VT season tickets just to watch some football. This year I went to 1 home game. I bet you can guess the one I attended. I feel as though WVU makes the best of the players they aquire. I think they have a great coach that DEVELOPES good atheletes. RR could do great things in a high recruiting position. I love Mo town and the fans, they are very similar to Tide fans. Real football played there. I do not like the wine and cheese fans at Tech and always root for whomever they are playing. Alabama would not steal a coach from a school until after the season. Too much class for that, if they do I will gladly eat crow. After the bowl however all bets are off. I do not think UA has contacted RR, I am not saying anthing about his agent. wink.gif He would be my number one candidate for the position, but no one listens to me! Right now the focus is on Saban if the win streak ends. Stoops is third on the list due to some possible recruiting violations at OU (still pending). There are alot of seemingly retired coaches that are the focus also. RR has not been contacted IMO, but after the comment after the Rutgers game about many young men left to Tow the Rope, I am beginning to wonder. You never know. I feel Miami is more of a threat at this point. I do feel as though money talks and it is a buisness, so you cannot fault anyone in anysituation reguarding a coaching change. Look what DF did to the Tide. I am a SEC man so I will leave the ACC and BigEast alone.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

I agree. To be honest WVU is my favorite local team. I am a SEC fan that holds VT season tickets just to watch some football. This year I went to 1 home game. I bet you can guess the one I attended. I feel as though WVU makes the best of the players they aquire. I think they have a great coach that DEVELOPES good atheletes. RR could do great things in a high recruiting position. I love Mo town and the fans, they are very similar to Tide fans. Real football played there. I do not like the wine and cheese fans at Tech and always root for whomever they are playing. Alabama would not steal a coach from a school until after the season. Too much class for that, if they do I will gladly eat crow. After the bowl however all bets are off. I do not think UA has contacted RR, I am not saying anthing about his agent. wink.gif He would be my number one candidate for the position, but no one listens to me! Right now the focus is on Saban if the win streak ends. Stoops is third on the list due to some possible recruiting violations at OU (still pending). There are alot of seemingly retired coaches that are the focus also. RR has not been contacted IMO, but after the comment after the Rutgers game about many young men left to Tow the Rope, I am beginning to wonder. You never know. I feel Miami is more of a threat at this point. I do feel as though money talks and it is a buisness, so you cannot fault anyone in anysituation reguarding a coaching change. Look what DF did to the Tide. I am a SEC man so I will leave the ACC and BigEast alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. One thing though. What Rodriguez said last night after the game was players "Holding the Rope." Thats a phrase they use as motivation to keep going. Rutgers has something similar that they say called "Chopping the Wood." I think RR is going to stay but I also think he wants to get some leverage from it. With everyone asking him about it all the time its hard to do that.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Alabama fans are NOTHING like WVU fans. I spent time down there are they are some of the classiest, most respectful fans I have ever encountered and every single one of them said the exact same thing about Tech fans, including an asscociate AD. WVU fans belong in the Big Ten. They would fit right in with Michigan, Ohio State etc.

Alabama would not steal a coach until after the season? Ummm yes they would. Coaches are hired in early December. You snooze you loose.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Alabama fans are NOTHING like WVU fans. I spent time down there are they are some of the classiest, most respectful fans I have ever encountered and every single one of them said the exact same thing about Tech fans, including an asscociate AD. WVU fans belong in the Big Ten. They would fit right in with Michigan, Ohio State etc.

Alabama would not steal a coach until after the season? Ummm yes they would. Coaches are hired in early December. You snooze you loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats because Alabama and Tech do not have a rivalry. There are bad fans in every bunch.

Now there are some classy people in Mo Town. Every team has some bad fans but I will say this, I have been to many VT and WVU games and the people in MoTown showed love to a gentlemen from the south. I was invited to tailgate with just about everyone there and was given all the beverages and food this ol boy could handle. Very friendly, laid back atmosphere. At VT there are big RVs with wine and cheese eaters that know little if anything about teams outside of VT. No offense intended and not a compairison to Tide fans, who in my opinion are the best fans college football has to offer.We have been through alot, and it is not a easy trip nor easy to find tickets to ANY BAMA game. I just think that the Mo Town fans are truely into there team up or down and I appreciate that. I went to a VT game before the Mike Vick era and could practically fall from the top of the bleachers and all the way to the bottom and not hit a soul. Not to mention what they did to the fans that were season ticket holders to make room for the Uppre Crust. You know the whole seat rearrangement. I know its buisness but as a collegefootball fan something I hate to see. Anyway I think its good to have 2 competitive teams this close to home. Nuff said. grin.gif

in all the games ive ever been too rutgers has got to be the rudest fans ive ever seen... they set in our section and were horible...... ive never seen anything like it. they were like 5 of them and 1000s of wv fans and they tried ever way they could to start trouble... it was unreal..still dont know what happened to the one guy in the hard hat

[ QUOTE ]

in all the games ive ever been too rutgers has got to be the rudest fans ive ever seen... they set in our section and were horible...... ive never seen anything like it. they were like 5 of them and 1000s of wv fans and they tried ever way they could to start trouble... it was unreal..still dont know what happened to the one guy in the hard hat

[/ QUOTE ]

lol....those rutgers fans were awful. Remember that guy, the richard simmons look-a-like was rude and awful.....i think the guy in the hard hat got jumped at halftime bc he never came back after halftime.