Rich Rodriguez to Alabama?

BigD4VT

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JJBrickface

There were some really nice Rutger fans but I saw a few idiots as well. If you have been reading the wv or rutgers message boards it seems that the majority of Rutgers fans enjoyed their time in Morgantown and the Mountaineer fans really enjoyed most of the Rutgers fans.

[ QUOTE ]

Headline story on ESPN.com today reports that Rich Rodriguez is talking with 'Bama.....

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i read that just a few minutes ago.....if you remember, yesterday schiano was talking with miami as well and he turned them down.....in my opinion, rich is trying to get more money from wvu....he already said he planned to be there the rest of his life.....rich is playing it smart bc wvu is kinda giving him a bad deal with pay and with facilities.....if i were in charge at wvu, i would just give rich a blank check to do what he wants to do.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Headline story on ESPN.com today reports that Rich Rodriguez is talking with 'Bama.....

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i read that just a few minutes ago.....if you remember, yesterday schiano was talking with miami as well and he turned them down.....in my opinion, rich is trying to get more money from wvu....he already said he planned to be there the rest of his life.....rich is playing it smart bc wvu is kinda giving him a bad deal with pay and with facilities.....if i were in charge at wvu, i would just give rich a blank check to do what he wants to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich is making about a million a year right now, and there are incentives involved. Do you guys know how much Don Nehlen made his last year as coach? 250,000 a year. That just tells you how awesome Nehlen was.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich is making about a million a year right now, and there are incentives involved. Do you guys know how much Don Nehlen made his last year as coach? 250,000 a year. That just tells you how awesome Nehlen was.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm trying to figure that up... looks to me like a total of 900,000 for tv ads and bonuses and such and 1,100,000 salary. for a total of 2,000,000. i'm not sure about that though.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you calling the same Don Nehlen that ran down the in-state talent of WV awesome? Nehlen is the reason I'm not a WVU fan and the reason that during his tenture I loathed WVU. Any self-respecting West Virginian that refers to Don Nehlen as awesome should be ashamed.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you calling the same Don Nehlen that ran down the in-state talent of WV awesome? Nehlen is the reason I'm not a WVU fan and the reason that during his tenture I loathed WVU. Any self-respecting West Virginian that refers to Don Nehlen as awesome should be ashamed.

[/ QUOTE ]

He done more for WVU than anyone. He is the one that put WVU football back on the map. What Nehlen said about in state players was the truth. It wasn't a shot at the state. When there were quality D-1 players from the state he recruited them and allowed many to walk on. Chad Johnston from Peterstown, Jerald Long from Mt Hope, and Tanner Russel from Princeton are a few southern wv players he gave a shot. The guy was a class act and he always will be.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

'bama says they will make a decision in the next 72 hrs...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling Coach Rod is doing a good job of bluffing both Alabama and the WVU administration. It looks like he not only wants a raise but also facilities. Coach Rod is smart.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

'bama says they will make a decision in the next 72 hrs...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling Coach Rod is doing a good job of bluffing both Alabama and the WVU administration. It looks like he not only wants a raise but also facilities. Coach Rod is smart.

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY!! 1.5 million a year at WVU beats 2 million a year at Bama for Coach Rod. Coach Rod and his staff deserve anything they want. If WVU wants to stay in the top 10 of college football year in and year out, it would only make sense to listen to the guy(rodriguez) who got you to the top 10 in the first place. To WVU: give the man what he wants....the rewards will be endless.

Like I said days ago, if they offer he goes. Getting more money from WVU is great if Alabama doesn't offer, but if they do WVU can't come close.

By the way Dawgs, Alabama just paid a coach $4,000,000 to disappear. They could make their next coach the highest paid in college football without blinking an eye.

Search hits a tipping point as Rodriguez asks for an answer

By Jess Nicholas

Alabama’s timetable for hiring a coach might have gotten significantly shorter Tuesday, as Rich Rodriguez met with Alabama officials in New York – and reportedly asked for a decision from Alabama within the next three days.

What’s tricky about that demand is that Alabama is still believed to be in the talking stages with the Miami Dolphins’ Nick Saban, who at the earliest, likely wouldn’t have a firm answer for Alabama until Dec. 10 or 11.

If anything, Rodriguez’s requested timetable probably revealed that Saban has yet to give Alabama a firm yes or no on the job.

As for Rodriguez, Alabama appeared to be moving towards making him a job offer, albeit it perhaps contingent on Saban’s interest in the job.

But Saban or not, Tuesday’s activity in New York proved just how potentially serious Alabama was about making Rodriguez its next head coach. Alabama included Rodriguez’s wife in the interviews, and a Birmingham television station reported Alabama was getting set to offer a 7-year, $21 million contract to Rodriguez by the end of the week.

ESPN also reported Rodriguez would receive a contract offer, but a story on the network’s website offered no specific dollar amount or contract length. TideFans.com could confirm neither report at this time.

However, sources close to the process indicate that Alabama may indeed be ready to offer Rodriguez a contract, as the waiting process for Saban would have no finite end. As of now, TideFans.com has reason to believe it likely that a decision on the head coach position will be made public by Friday, and Rodriguez has replaced Saban as the likely favorite to receive that offer.

Stay tuned to ESPN for further updates on this story as news breaks.

Other candidates

Beyond Saban and Rodriguez, two other candidates found their names in the mix Tuesday.

Jim Grobe continues to be mentioned by sources as Alabama’s next candidate in line should both the Saban and Rodriguez courtships prove fruitless. Grobe continues to deny pursuing the Alabama job (as Rodriguez did last week), but sources say he’d give Alabama an audience if the Tide came calling.

Paul Johnson, meanwhile, saw his potential candidacy begin to wane. Johnson is considered a top candidate for the North Carolina State job, and may choose to pursue that position rather than wait on an Alabama offer that may never come.

Jess Nicholas

Editor-In-Chief

It appears RR approached them wanting to know if he would be offered and gave a time table to the Tide. Looks like a man wanting to leave...I think BIGD is dead on. Got something else for ya... Picture taken in my backyard at a keg party. RR got intoxicated and tried on some of my clothes. It was sweet.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cbi4/images/Rich%20Rodriguez%20Red.jpg

Cmon NS just say no! Stay with the Dolphins!

Maybe they do listen to me down in T TOWN! Roll Tide!

P.S. Why would HE approach Alabama to find out if HE was a candidate while WVU is currently restructuring his contact amid rumors. He has given Alabama 72 hours to let him know if he is a candidate BEFORE he signs a new contract. He already has the new contract in hand from WVU so how would this be a mastermind plan to get more. He already has what he wants from WVU. He is looking to "jump ship" IF Alabama offers. They are waiting on NS currently. You WVU fans fail to realize that AU has ALREADY installed state of the art football facilities and could offer a significant amount of money to him. I want RR in TTOWN!

[ QUOTE ]

Like I said days ago, if they offer he goes. Getting more money from WVU is great if Alabama doesn't offer, but if they do WVU can't come close.

By the way Dawgs, Alabama just paid a coach $4,000,000 to disappear. They could make their next coach the highest paid in college football without blinking an eye.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got that right! 'Bama had a "pass the hat" fundraiser to raise the $4,000,000 to get rid of Shula...they made over $16,000,000 by doing that...they got all the cash they need to get a new coach...

GMAN did you check out the link? He looks good in crimson huh? I think the pass the hat foundation raised over 64 million. lol If he doesnt go to Bama he goes to Miami. He lied to a reporter yesterday about meeting with MM at a chairity dinner. He said the meeting was brief lasting only 15 minutes or so. When his wife was approached she stated they met for over 60 minutes, when confronted about this he stated that it didn't seem that long. Sounds like a man wanting to jump ship IMHO. What did MM and RR talk about for over an hour and why was his wife present if it was just conversation behind closed doors?