Rich Rodriguez to Alabama?

BigD4VT

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You are stuck in denial Gman!

[/ QUOTE ]

Denial of what??? A good coach stuck in a dead-end job in a dead-end Conference. Please! I wish RR the best, he's a good coach and deserves better than what he's got now and what he's going to get in the future at WVU and the Big East.

Trust me, the right job will come along at some point and he will be as gone as yesterday's trash...and that's probably the way he'll be treated by the Mountaineer fans when he does leave...like trash...

[/ QUOTE ]

see..whith crap like this..its hard not to hate VT..because every moderator is a hokie fanatic...West Virginia Mountaineers FOREVER!

please explain how the University of West Virginia Mountaineers are a dead end team..and how the Big East Conference is a dead end conference, id love to hear this detail by detail, and please..dont leave one out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once the last class of the "old" Big East Conference graduates, you will see the ramifications of the "new" Big East...recruiting in the Big East, overall, has been on the decline since the "Big 3" left for the ACC...time will prove this...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Denial of what??? A good coach stuck in a dead-end job in a dead-end Conference. Please! I wish RR the best, he's a good coach and deserves better than what he's got now and what he's going to get in the future at WVU and the Big East.

Trust me, the right job will come along at some point and he will be as gone as yesterday's trash...and that's probably the way he'll be treated by the Mountaineer fans when he does leave...like trash...

[/ QUOTE ]

see..whith crap like this..its hard not to hate VT..because every moderator is a hokie fanatic...West Virginia Mountaineers FOREVER!

please explain how the University of West Virginia Mountaineers are a dead end team..and how the Big East Conference is a dead end conference, id love to hear this detail by detail, and please..dont leave one out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once the last class of the "old" Big East Conference graduates, you will see the ramifications of the "new" Big East...recruiting in the Big East, overall, has been on the decline since the "Big 3" left for the ACC...time will prove this...

[/ QUOTE ]

Pat White and Steve Slaton are recruits of the "new" big east.....the two most exciting players in the country. ummm....so what were you saying about the new big east's recruiting??? yeah, thats what i thought.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pat White and Steve Slaton are recruits of the "new" big east.....the two most exciting players in the country. ummm....so what were you saying about the new big east's recruiting??? yeah, thats what i thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention that Pitt had a top 10 class last year. Just shows you how much GMan really knows.

don't know why you WVU fans are hating on G-man because he is telling you like it is. the truth hurts.

Nothing good can come out of the new big east. they are heading in the wrong direction.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

don't know why you WVU fans are hating on G-man because he is telling you like it is. the truth hurts.

Nothing good can come out of the new big east. they are heading in the wrong direction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody is "hating" on Gman homedog! They are simply calling him out on where he is wrong. He said the New Big East recruits aren't any good. So he was called out. Pat White, Owen Schmitt, Steve Slaton, and Darius Reynaud all new Big East recruits. Pitt's top 10 recruiting class, thats new.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody is "hating" on Gman homedog! They are simply calling him out on where he is wrong. He said the New Big East recruits aren't any good. So he was called out. Pat White, Owen Schmitt, Steve Slaton, and Darius Reynaud all new Big East recruits. Pitt's top 10 recruiting class, thats new.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice post! I think people should actually watch football and keep up with it before they post on it. Just my opinion though.

i watch plenty of football..but someone who doesnt watch football could tell you that the Big East is going in the wrong decision...do you honestly want WVU to stay in the Big East?

[ QUOTE ]

i watch plenty of football..but someone who doesnt watch football could tell you that the Big East is going in the wrong decision...do you honestly want WVU to stay in the Big East?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont agree with you when you say the big east is heading in the wrong direction. In 2004, the Big East had zero top 15 teams. In 2005, the Big East had 2 top 15 teams. In 2006, the Big East had 3 top 15 teams. I mean, if thats not in the right direction I dont know what is. The Big East will be fine. Louisville will always be tough, WVU had a few bad years from 99-01 but WVU has been a top 20 team the last 25 yrs, if schiano stays rutgers will start to build on their foundations, South Florida is the 2nd best team in florida this season and that may not change, PITT (if they fire wanny) will return to being a top 30 team......I mean, the Big East has a bright future. Let's wait 6-8 years and we will see what happens.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

answer the question...

if WVU had the opportunity to join a bigger and BETTER conference, would you want them to take it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I am satisfied with the Big East. The WVU and Lousiville rivalry is building. There is nothing I dislike about the Big East conference.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty sure owen schmitt transferred in from d3 and slaton and white were slips through the cracks

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty sure owen schmitt transferred in from d3 and slaton and white were slips through the cracks

[/ QUOTE ]

Which proves recruiting is overrated!

GMAN is dead on. RR is a B list coach at this point. Saban and Stoops are the next in line. Dont count Spurrier out just yet. His family is holding up the process. His son is a QB at SC and would have to sit out a year to follow dad. He doesnt need the money and his family enjoys SC. He is not a done deal. Wait till after SC gets the Peach Bowl bid then we will no more. Saban is currently being corted then on to Stoops. I hate all the candidates so far other than RR. I think with those overrated recruits in the SEC he could win a NC. Please PW was going to LSU till they wanted him to focus on CB and forget about baseball. He wanted to be a QB and leave baseball options oped so they recinded his scholly. You think WVU was his first second or third choice??? LOL Slaton was a diamond in the rough who had the speed but was to undersized to play anywhere other than the Big Least PERIOD. Everyone in the SEC, ACC, etc. runs a sub 4.4 in the secondary. I hate that South Florida exploited that with those underrated FL recruits. Lets be realists WVU will have a first rounder and he plays Center.GMAN is dead on guys. You all are clouded by the love for a mediocre football team in a weak confrence. Put Rutgers and the Ville in a real confrence. GMAN we pull for the same candidate from WVU, will it happen, Nope. If it does things have gone horribly wrong in the coaching search. Is it more of a possibility now? Yes.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

GMAN is dead on. RR is a B list coach at this point. Saban and Stoops are the next in line. Dont count Spurrier out just yet. His family is holding up the process. His son is a QB at SC and would have to sit out a year to follow dad. He doesnt need the money and his family enjoys SC. He is not a done deal. Wait till after SC gets the Peach Bowl bid then we will no more. Saban is currently being corted then on to Stoops. I hate all the candidates so far other than RR. I think with those overrated recruits in the SEC he could win a NC. Please PW was going to LSU till they wanted him to focus on CB and forget about baseball. He wanted to be a QB and leave baseball options oped so they recinded his scholly. You think WVU was his first second or third choice??? LOL Slaton was a diamond in the rough who had the speed but was to undersized to play anywhere other than the Big Least PERIOD. Everyone in the SEC, ACC, etc. runs a sub 4.4 in the secondary. I hate that South Florida exploited that with those underrated FL recruits. Lets be realists WVU will have a first rounder and he plays Center.GMAN is dead on guys. You all are clouded by the love for a mediocre football team in a weak confrence. Put Rutgers and the Ville in a real confrence. GMAN we pull for the same candidate from WVU, will it happen, Nope. If it does things have gone horribly wrong in the coaching search. Is it more of a possibility now? Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

You pretty much summed up your football knowledge right there. First off LSU didn't take White's scholarship away. He committed to LSU and shortly after called Coach Rod and said that he thinks he regretted what he had done. So Rod told him it was ok since he hadn't signed yet. So Pat White then chose WVU over LSU. He would have played baseball if he was drafted in the first 3 rounds, but he was drafted in the 4th. Pat White absolutely loves this place. As for Slaton he is more than "just speed." He has better vision then most backs. But oh yea, the speed thing isn't a bad asset to have.

You call yourself a WVU fan and you dont even know that Pat Whites scholly was recended because he refused to play CB and wanted to be a QB. Keep livin the dream in the Big Least cause every kid in America is just dying to go there. Hows it going to feel if the Big Least ever gets some real football teams. Slaton wont be as fast then, will he. Ahem... South FLORIDA! Good showing. LSU has recruits leave constantly to attend WVU. I saw it on a WVU message board! lol. VT is better and I absolutly hate them. Morgantown has one good thing, the fans. There football team should have darted for the ACC. Oh, thats right they werent invited. They chose BC over them. Lets gooooooo mountaineers. To the Insight Bowl! laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You don't have to know someone personally to know the kind of money Alabama can offer is way more than he will ever make at WVU. I appreciate his love for his alma matter but I'm also sure most people put their family (not to mention career ambitions) first when making this kind of decision. Frank Beamer was at the top of their list a few years ago and if not for the fact they had just been placed on probation he probably would've taken the job. The opportunity to more than double... if not triple your income is just to great to turn down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which brings up the question, what is love?? If he truly loved WVU would he take money over it? If you truly loved your wife would you cheat on her with someone who is hotter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Love is what you have for your family. Setting them up with that kind of security will be very hard to resist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Going 10-2 and getting ****canned is NOT security!

[/ QUOTE ]

thats the key... lose at wvu and you get a couple people who are mad... lose at bama and they want to hang you

[ QUOTE ]

You call yourself a WVU fan and you dont even know that Pat Whites scholly was recended because he refused to play CB and wanted to be a QB. Keep livin the dream in the Big Least cause every kid in America is just dying to go there. Hows it going to feel if the Big Least ever gets some real football teams. Slaton wont be as fast then, will he. Ahem... South FLORIDA! Good showing. LSU has recruits leave constantly to attend WVU. I saw it on a WVU message board! lol. VT is better and I absolutly hate them. Morgantown has one good thing, the fans. There football team should have darted for the ACC. Oh, thats right they werent invited. They chose BC over them. Lets gooooooo mountaineers. To the Insight Bowl! laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you dont have a clue in life

[ QUOTE ]

WVU fans treated Don Nehlen terribly in his last few years.

[/ QUOTE ]

no way dude... Nehlen is like a god in motown... treated far better than maybe he should have been... he still has alot to do with the program. if he ran for office in wv he would win by a land slide

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no way dude... Nehlen is like a god in motown... treated far better than maybe he should have been... he still has alot to do with the program. if he ran for office in wv he would win by a land slide

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, BIGD is correct. Who could ever forget the plane flying over Mountaineer Field during a game that was pulling the sign that read "Nehlen must go".

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah don nehlen got treated a lil better than he shouldve been but thats just how wvu fans are....extremely loyal!

[ QUOTE ]

I want RR at Alabam. They dont listen to me. WVUwill not hang on to RR if the TIDE wants him. I think he wants to coach in a real confrence. Just like VT, Miami, and BC did when the EAST was BIG.

[/ QUOTE ]

SO wake forest and Georgia Tech are playing for the title in your "real" conference???? a man is only as stupid as his posts. Do you really belive that the acc is any good this year??? I bet richlands high school could probly win the ACC! The acc is a horrible excuse for a conference, they had several 1st rounders in the draft last year and still sucked. Hopefully the big east champ will play the acc champ in the orange bowl this year and think about this....last year the Big East Champ thumped the SEC Champ and now this year the Big East Champ will thump the ACC Champ.....................did it sink in yet??.....for how about a few scores for ya......Rutgers 21 UNC 16, Louisville 31 Miami 7, WVU 45 Maryland 24, Pitt 38 UVA 13, South Florida 37 UNC 20.....and thats just to name a few....now i will give you the 29-13 VT win over Cincy but thats after cincy was leading in the 3rd qtr. I mean come on, thats 5 beatdowns of the ACC teams by Big East teams. and add another one if VT wouldve played WVU and not BIG BAD Northeastern.....by the way, Northeastern what?? Northeastern Pocahontas Tech?? lol....the ACC is a joke, start facing reality!

[ QUOTE ]

start facing reality!

[/ QUOTE ]

thats probably the most ironic thing i have ever heard...

reality lets see...that is WVU winning 5 national championships in the next 10 years, right? no wait...wait...it's pat white winning a super bowl as a starting QB...no.. i keep messing up... i forgot what i was talking about...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

start facing reality!

[/ QUOTE ]

thats probably the most ironic thing i have ever heard...

reality lets see...that is WVU winning 5 national championships in the next 10 years, right? no wait...wait...it's pat white winning a super bowl as a starting QB...no.. i keep messing up... i forgot what i was talking about...

[/ QUOTE ]

the reality is that the ACC is weaker than the new big east! no one ever said anything about winning natl titles or super bowls.......in fact no one from vt has done either so dont point out the speck in my eye when you have one in your own eye.