BigD4VT

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You don't have to know someone personally to know the kind of money Alabama can offer is way more than he will ever make at WVU. I appreciate his love for his alma matter but I'm also sure most people put their family (not to mention career ambitions) first when making this kind of decision. Frank Beamer was at the top of their list a few years ago and if not for the fact they had just been placed on probation he probably would've taken the job. The opportunity to more than double... if not triple your income is just to great to turn down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which brings up the question, what is love?? If he truly loved WVU would he take money over it? If you truly loved your wife would you cheat on her with someone who is hotter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Love is what you have for your family. Setting them up with that kind of security will be very hard to resist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Going 10-2 and getting ****canned is NOT security!

even if he really did want to go to alabama he wouldnt release that information until the season is over...he probably wouldnt even give a hint that he was going because his team is going to be in a good bowl game this year and you don't want them quitting on you cause your leaving

[ QUOTE ]

Over $2,000,000 per year for arguably one of the most prestigious jobs in college football. If they offer he goes...

[/ QUOTE ]

Rumor is...$5,000,000 at signing, $37,000,000 over eight years...my "in-touch" Bama buddy says so...we'll see if RR takes it...

OK, RR has not recieved a offer as of "yet". He is a second hand prospect behind the big three. You have Stoops, Spurrier, Saban. I know the Spurrier thing is huge. He is supposed to be in T-town. Not Tazewell even though you all stole that tidbit from Tuscaloosa AL. The real T-town. Big D is dead on. Rumor and "Rumor" as in no real proof currently says that Coach SS (Steve Spurrier) was offered a blank check and total control. He was even offered OC and DC of his choice. He has a "friend" he has wanted to work with for a long time and he refused to go to SC. It is believed and I believe it also, that USC cannot win the SEC or a NC. I think this is the best selling point for the Tide. All the coaches saying they are not interested is a smoke screen. Ask yourself if you walked into work and stated that you were going to interview for another job and you really wanted to work there what would happen? Pack your bags, lose recruits, lose fan base, etc. Nothing is a done deal but RR is safe for now. He hasnt been offered. SS may be setting the Tide up for a huge embarrasment. I hope Mal Moore has his ducks in a row for this one. Spurrier has a big ego and what better way to prove it than to wait till the twelth hour and pull out on the Tide who has already put many of their eggs in one basket. I dont think RR is a good fit for Alabama and they want a NC winner and proven winner in a "Big" Confrence. And for you Tech fans Beamer was leaving the year Shula was hired the only reason he didnt go was because he found out he was a second choice behind SS. Its a fact old Beamer has no loyalty when it comes to money. We all have a price. Bama has new facilities, state of the art equipment, rabid fans, and boosters with ahem deep pockets. Someone big is on the horizin and it aint RR baby! smirk.gif

PS: give it about another week when a certain team gets their Peach Bowl bid over Kentucky.

[ QUOTE ]

And for you Tech fans Beamer was leaving the year Shula was hired the only reason he didnt go was because he found out he was a second choice behind SS. Its a fact old Beamer has no loyalty when it comes to money.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, I for one wanted Beamer to go to Alabama because I wanted to see what he could do there. I'm a Tech fan but I'm also a Frank Beamer fan.

Second, having watched Beamer's 20 years at Tech, it's obvious his loyalty is to his family, his staff, and then his school. His entire reason for almost going to UNC was to get more money for his staff. The inspiration for beamerball.com was to earn more money for his staff. Yes he's been given large pay raises, especially when his name in mentioned for other jobs, but why shouldn't he? Why shouldn't any coach get what he can while he can? There is something to be said about loyalty to your school but every coach, including Beamer and Rodriguez, knows beloved alumni head coaches are fired every year.

Hey I agree 100%. I think it is a wise move for anyone to go to the Alabamas, ND, Penn States of the world. Not only are you going to be paid big money for success, but if successful you will be a football god. Beamer would not have to worry about staff compensation from the tide. State of the art facilities 4-7 indoor/outdoor practice fields, deep pockets, tradition, great fans... God loves Alabama football. RR and FB are safe for the moment. The ol ball coach is in negotiations.30 mill for 7 yrs and a 7 mill signing bonus if he signs before the tide bowl game. Im praying baby, Im praying. Houndshooth visors anyone! Fear the Visor!

I liked Alabama when I was a kid. I liked Tech then too but they weren't on TV in those days and the SEC was on every week. I also have family in Tuscaloosa and actually spent the summer there in 2000. So I've always liked them... But I've always disliked Spurrier. I would love to see them get Rodriguez, Schianno or even Beamer... Just not Spurrier.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Over $2,000,000 per year for arguably one of the most prestigious jobs in college football. If they offer he goes...

[/ QUOTE ]

Rumor is...$5,000,000 at signing, $37,000,000 over eight years...my "in-touch" Bama buddy says so...we'll see if RR takes it...

[/ QUOTE ]

'Bama buddy says...RR won't get the opportunity to take it now...Spurrier say "I'M YOUR MAN"...$5 mill to sign, up to $30 mill over 7 years including incentives and bonuses...bringing son along for the ride...look for formal announcement late this weekend...RR stuck in Motown...for now anyway...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

'Bama buddy says...RR won't get the opportunity to take it now...Spurrier say "I'M YOUR MAN"...$5 mill to sign, up to $30 mill over 7 years including incentives and bonuses...bringing son along for the ride...look for formal announcement late this weekend...RR stuck in Motown...for now anyway...

[/ QUOTE ]

You are stuck in denial Gman!

UVA declined to extend Al Groh's contract today...he signed through 2010 last year with UVA having the option of extending the contract after '06, '07, and '08. UVA's AD said it will remain as is and that's all he can say...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Denial of what??? A good coach stuck in a dead-end job in a dead-end Conference. Please! I wish RR the best, he's a good coach and deserves better than what he's got now and what he's going to get in the future at WVU and the Big East.

Trust me, the right job will come along at some point and he will be as gone as yesterday's trash...and that's probably the way he'll be treated by the Mountaineer fans when he does leave...like trash...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Denial of what??? A good coach stuck in a dead-end job in a dead-end Conference. Please! I wish RR the best, he's a good coach and deserves better than what he's got now and what he's going to get in the future at WVU and the Big East.

Trust me, the right job will come along at some point and he will be as gone as yesterday's trash...and that's probably the way he'll be treated by the Mountaineer fans when he does leave...like trash...

[/ QUOTE ]

You think you know everything you don't know jack $***

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon JJ...you can do better than that! Obviously, I hit the nail on the head and you know its true and can't accept that fact. All you can do is say "You think you know everything you don't know jack $***".

If you don't believe me that WVU fans will treat him like garbage when he leaves...just read the WVU message boards...they were already giving him the big FU when the rumors of his possible departure surfaced. I can only imagine what that cess pool will be like when he does move on to greener pastures...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon JJ...you can do better than that! Obviously, I hit the nail on the head and you know its true and can't accept that fact. All you can do is say "You think you know everything you don't know jack $***".

If you don't believe me that WVU fans will treat him like garbage when he leaves...just read the WVU message boards...they were already giving him the big FU when the rumors of his possible departure surfaced. I can only imagine what that cess pool will be like when he does move on to greener pastures...

[/ QUOTE ]

No No No!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

see..whith crap like this..its hard not to hate VT..because every moderator is a hokie fanatic...West Virginia Mountaineers FOREVER!

please explain how the University of West Virginia Mountaineers are a dead end team..and how the Big East Conference is a dead end conference, id love to hear this detail by detail, and please..dont leave one out.