The Wildcats vs. The Blue Tornado (Update Thread)

Sambo

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I think that hating Richlands is the mutual feeling if one is not from Richlands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, its very easy to do.....especially with how their fans act......but I'm glad RHS won today though. That shows just how tough it is to play in SWVA, especially the SWD!

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly how do we act?

One hell of a high caliber post by a Wildcat fan over on Virginia Preps ... worth reading Blues: link.

/ props to that poster

Edit: Also, here is the link to the WDBJ 7 video of Richlands, Amherst, and Giles: link-ola.

Disgree. Everbody made big plays. Clayburne's blocked punt. Armes touchdown. Davis touchdown. McCracken 176 yards. Caleb was even back there pressuring Mayo. McCall's field goal. First part of game the Sims pick and knocked one away. O-line play, D-line play. Take any one of those away same as taking Austin away. I surpised there isn't a thread for "best catch" that would be a hands down for Austin.

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands would have lost if it havent had been for Fuller . The rest of the offense and the CB on defense choked hugely. Fuller and the defense, other than the CB's, carried richlands and won it for them

[/ QUOTE ]

Mayo completed 8 passes all day... How on earth do you figure the CB's choked? He had a few big plays but those are going to happen against a big play team with a big play QB. Think about how much time they had to cover those receivers. The secondary did their job.

[ QUOTE ]

Disgree. Everbody made big plays. Clayburne's blocked punt. Armes touchdown. Davis touchdown. McCracken 176 yards. Caleb was even back there pressuring Mayo. McCall's field goal. First part of game the Sims pick and knocked one away. O-line play, D-line play. Take any one of those away same as taking Austin away. I surpised there isn't a thread for "best catch" that would be a hands down for Austin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont forget about Jeremy Blankenship coming up big off of the bench with a huge interception in the first half.

I think that it would have been a different story if Rockbridge had a somewhat good kicker. I watched the Amherst/Louisa game afterwards and both teams would have beaten Richlands by two touchdowns. I think that they should play one more game between Amherst and Richlands so there could be a true state champion, because now there turely isnt one.

[ QUOTE ]

I think that it would have been a different story if Rockbridge had a somewhat good kicker. I watched the Amherst/Louisa game afterwards and both teams would have beaten Richlands by two touchdowns. I think that they should play one more game between Amherst and Richlands so there could be a true state champion, because now there turely isnt one.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to take that to VA Preps and keep that garbage off this message board. There is a TRUE AA Div. 3 STATE CHAMPION and it is Richlands.

Amherst and Louisa are in division 4 and are much larger schools than Richlands. For that matter, Rockbridge is a much larger school and will be moving to Division 4 next year.

People have been criticizing the Blues since the first game, "Just wait until they play a real team"... Well guess what? The only real team left is THE RICHLANDS HIGH SCHOOL BLUE TORNADO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 14-0 STATE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to take that to VA Preps and keep that garbage off this message board. There is a TRUE AA Div. 3 STATE CHAMPION and it is Richlands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen.

Your right they are Div 3 state champs. And the last time I checked division 4 was still AA. So thats two AA teams that were state champs so that makes 2 AA State Champs. Theres not just one AA state champion. Richlands was a good football team. They played good all year, but got lucky in the Championship game. 3 times straight they failed to convert in the red zone. The game shouldnt be even close. They didnt play the way that they have been playin, but they would have lost in Div 4 probably in the State Semi's or even Regional Champs.

i always wondered why there is two divisions under AA, what is the point of this?

it just seems like a state championship in any sport isn't really a STATE championship.

but i am not taking anything away from Richlands. Great job.

[ QUOTE ]

Theres not just one AA state champion.

[/ QUOTE ]

But there is just one with an undefeated record.

ricflairc10141120zo8.jpg

"Whether you like it or not, learn to love it, because its the best thing going. Wooooo!" -- Ric Flair

/ and just because I'm in a Ric Flair state of mind tonight, yes another: "To be that man, you've got to beat the man. Wooooo!" -- Ric Flair