Bluefield 70, Graham 36--FINAL

buzzsawBeaver

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked the radio and post game said 70 - 36, with each team playing a lot of reserves in the 4th. said 1st 2 quarters were a d game, with a 25 to 15 score after 2 for bluefield, and bluefield was intense in the 3rd quarter and put the game away basically then..

despite the score, the game was very sloppy. there were alot of steals and blfd pressed practically the whole game. beaver seemed to be out of place on timing passes and under the boards tho.

seemed that grahams game plan to even have a chance in the game was to go in and hack and throw there bodies all over the place.

bluefied heavily outmatched the gmen.

btw... most ppl thought the constant back and forth cuts by the student sections were sort of funny at first but were totally silly by the end.

postgame summary- 1st half dexter starts at point, offense struggles blfd only up 25-15 at half, 2nd half- FRESHMAN craig ponder, justin harris and others begin handling the ball and the offense really picked it up, dexter scores 16 in the 3rd (22 in the game) and blfd goes from up 10 to up 30 in 1 qtr. 4th qtr blfd up by 31 with 6 1/2 mins to go and coach begins pullin starters, that pretty much sums it up.....by the way blfd won the JV game 81-37

Graham needs a coach bad.No press break, trying to play Blfd man ,come on, and letting Dexter drive to the basket all night.Hey coach teach them to take a charge.Never had the right combination of players in the game.The boys are better than the effort shown tonight.Good win for the Beavers!

[ QUOTE ]

Graham needs a coach bad.No press break, trying to play Blfd man ,come on, and letting Dexter drive to the basket all night.Hey coach teach them to take a charge.Never had the right combination of players in the game.The boys are better than the effort shown tonight.Good win for the Beavers!

[/ QUOTE ]

the press breaks were set up just no one freakin ran it... our PG wont pass the damn ball, its just that simple, we had the press broke to the middle everytime if he would just throw it there after he went to the side, but he didnt therefore he threw it away all the time so our offense never got a chance to get going... but good win for bluefield

That #32 with the beard wasnt passing or anything. Yall couldnt make a basket if the hoop was a trashcan. None of your shots were falling

Bluefield looked very impressive jumping out to a 4-0 lead on quick passes under the basketball to wide open dexter moore and Ansel Ponder.It was a pretty sloppy game for graham, like i mentioned, nothing would fall for them. Im intrested to see what there F/G percentage was. I know it had to be under 25 percent if that

Bluefield was led by dexter moore as usual, there passing the ball around alot more than last season which is good. and Yalls question about our Down Low man "Chance Cotrell AKA the stormin mourmin. I believe he had 4 blocked shots. He was just ridiclous on defense.

Great game for us

btw... most ppl thought the constant back and forth cuts by the student sections were sort of funny at first but were totally silly by the end.

--------------------------------------------------------

Thanks man, i was on the front row of the bluefield student section. I knew heading into the game they'd bring up the football game from this past august, and surely enough they did. Then finally we to beating them so bad they kinda just shut up

It was pretty funny, we were all dressed up like preps. and they had 5 guys with G - M E N painted on there chest in pink paint (beano) hahaah

anywho, going back to the Dunks GMan brought up. We tried about 3 or 4 times. Ansel tried twice, dexter once, and kyle once i believe. Nobody connected. But they got WAY up there, so there is no doubt in my mind that they cant do it

heres a few i found of ansel dunking at the center. Dont ask how i found it though..lol

regardless of dunks, if beaver FOCUSES on execution one game at a time theyll be ok. this was the first game and, yeah it was graham so anything goes. beaver needs to focus on their pressure "d" and executing on offense. i was particularly pleased with the penetration in the paint, that will be a key factor as the season progresses. game one is under the bridge. now continue to develop and gel as a team and the beavers should impress. im looking forward to each game.

[ QUOTE ]

regardless of dunks, if beaver FOCUSES on execution one game at a time theyll be ok. this was the first game and, yeah it was graham so anything goes. beaver needs to focus on their pressure "d" and executing on offense. i was particularly pleased with the penetration in the paint, that will be a key factor as the season progresses. game one is under the bridge. now continue to develop and gel as a team and the beavers should impress. im looking forward to each game.

[/ QUOTE ]

All they need to do is focus on pressure defense the entire game...creating turnovers and scoring in transition is the ONLY offense they need to run...

[ QUOTE ]

From what i hear about princeton whooping up on Riverside, that bluefield princeton matchup should be a good one

[/ QUOTE ]

The only reason it would/could be close is coaching, or lack thereof as I've said 100 times before...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

All they need to do is focus on pressure defense the entire game...creating turnovers and scoring in transition is the ONLY offense they need to run...

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. no more needs to be said.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

a interesting fact of the night... not one Graham player had double digits.

[ QUOTE ]

a interesting fact of the night... not one Graham player had double digits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm afraid that may be the norm with this team...the Graham-Tazewell game is really setting up to be a "barn-burner"...and they should burn the barn while both teams are still in it...

Calm the F down...it was only a joke...<rolls eyes, shakes head, thinks lots of people need to get a sense of humor>