State Championship Rings

Justin_Credible

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

I was in the gossip mill (Wal-Mart) last night. Someone was telling me that the VHSL foots the bill for 60 state rings. Which sounds a little to good to be true. anyone know the gospel behing this

[/ QUOTE ]

VHSL footing the bill for State Championship rings???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That's funny right there, I don't care who you are!!!!

Those bastards aren't going to pay for anything they don't have to pay for...and its near impossible getting them to pay for stuff they do owe on. Richlands will be lucky to get their full reimbursement from the VHSL for expenses incurred during the playoffs...

I have heard from several people that the cheerleaders will be getting state championship rings. Is this true? I didn't know if the cheerleaders normally get the rings with the football team, or if this is some kinda new thing. I personally don't like the idea, it seems to take away from he meaning of the ring if everyone has one. Im not saying the cheerleaders dont deserve one, because they were at every game. However, so was the band and a WHOLE LOTA fans, so what is the difference? If the cheerleaders got a ring for just going to every game, then alot of perople would be entitled to a ring. I'm not trying to start anything, just wondering what everyone else thought about it, and trying to find out if it is true or just another rumor.

[ QUOTE ]

Cheerleaders should not get rings, nor should the band.

They have their own competitions to win rings.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely, i didnt mean to imply that the band should get rings. i was just making the point that if the cheerleaders got rings it would be like the band getting rings, because they are only there to support the team, just like the fans. Also, it dont see it as a big problem if the cheerleaders were to pay for them themselves, but the way i understood it, the rings that the cheerleaders will get will be payed for out of the money raised to buy the players rings. and from what I've heard the team is having a hard enough time getting the money to get their own rings. i may be wrong, because this is all just what ive heard around town.

my understanding is that if the players were depending on the school, school board, or vhsl then they are all SOL. fortunately our community is very generous and takes care of its kids so the money is being raised thriugh private contributions. that being said i cant imagine why anyone not contributing fiancially should care who gets rings. this is a great accomplishment for our team but also our community, who has worked very hard in seeing that our boys have what they need to be competitive. why tarnish this great achivement with a who gets what sqwabble? imo the varsity should get their ring the jv should get their commemorative ring and the cheerleaders should get a ladies commemorative ring also.for that matter there could be a 12th man ring ,available for anyone who wanted to buy one,(good fundraiser).so relax everybody and enjoy the occasion, besides its christmas!!!smile.gif

We have some experience ordering state championship rings. It is usually up to the booster club or school to raise the money. Our booster club buys the players/staff plaques and then it is up to the players to buy their own rings. I treasure my rings (I have rings from 6 of our championships, 1 playing 5 coaching). Congrats to Richlands on their state title. Way to bring the title to SWVA!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

my understanding is that if the players were depending on the school, school board, or vhsl then they are all SOL. fortunately our community is very generous and takes care of its kids so the money is being raised thriugh private contributions. that being said i cant imagine why anyone not contributing fiancially should care who gets rings. this is a great accomplishment for our team but also our community, who has worked very hard in seeing that our boys have what they need to be competitive. why tarnish this great achivement with a who gets what sqwabble? imo the varsity should get their ring the jv should get their commemorative ring and the cheerleaders should get a ladies commemorative ring also.for that matter there could be a 12th man ring ,available for anyone who wanted to buy one,(good fundraiser).so relax everybody and enjoy the occasion, besides its christmas!!!:)

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha you are right. I am just glad that we have to have the state championship ring discussion this time of year!!!

Get the Lions Club to help with the rings.with 7 home games this year they sold enough of them Greezy Hot dogs to buy a ring or two. Or the fans got rid of those dogs to make a ring or two in the commode at Ernie Hicks.

those guys deserve the rings they worked hard and i think the school or the county should cough it up and order them i know they have the money.ive paid enough co.taxes to buy 10 of them.lol