Bluefield 56 Logan 50 end of the 3rd....

bluefieldRocks

Who cares whose #1 in January? Let East be #1 for the reason of the season until that weekend in March, it doesn't matter. And it's good to play on back-to-back nights because you have to play on back-to-back nights in the state tournament. Bluefield will play two more set of back-to-back games this season...

Some of the Logan faithful on TSP stated that Bluefields fullcourt press caused Logan some problems and that Bluefield was getting points off the press and then Coach Gillard call off the press for much of the second half.Typical!

[ QUOTE ]

Damn you graham, its your fault... I think if we would have been fully rested. We probply could have pulled this game off by 5-10 points easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't blame Graham, YOUR AD is the one that scheduled the games back-to-back.

Also, don't you think some of the blame might be placed on coaching...I mean, Bluefield DID blow a six point lead...

[ QUOTE ]

Some of the Logan faithful on TSP stated that Bluefields fullcourt press caused Logan some problems and that Bluefield was getting points off the press and then Coach Gillard call off the press for much of the second half.Typical!

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh...imagine that!!! Coaching blows it again...not the first time and won't be the last...especially as long as Gilliard is at the helm...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh...imagine that!!! Coaching blows it again...not the first time and won't be the last...especially as long as Gilliard is at the helm...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sad, but true. My faith in the coaching for Bluefield is pretty much zero. It just seems Gilliard time and time again goes away from what's working for his team in a particular game.

"We blew a 6 point lead...If we lose, we deserve it"

not toally true, yes Blfd's coach took them out of a very effective full court press that had Logan dazed and confused, but the officiating helped Logan secure the 1pt win as well

i mean the officals gave Logan control of the ball after callling a backcourt violation after an inbounds pass to Moore, some how they made it as if Dexter touched the ball before going backwards with it when he did not.

in the final seconds before Logan's player would score the winning basket, he would come up the floor, stop and take three or four steps before dribbling the ball again and no walk was called!

the officiating was even tanted in the JV game, as a matter of fact one of the officals for the JV game was an assistant coach on the Logan softball team!!!

so to say you deserved to lose, may be a little harsh.

"Not to logan...Because now i have to hear the Wyoming East fans talk about why they deserve the #1 spot now because we lost...Damn you graham, its your fault... I think if we would have been fully rested. We probply could have pulled this game off by 5-10 points easily."

in all hoensty WE will probably become the new no. 1 in AA, with Bluefield falling to no. 2 or no. 3.

although i know you was/are being sarcastic with the comment to Graham, you cant blame them that much, Logan had a game the previous night as well against rival Chapmanville in small/cramped/hot gym.

but i do believe like you on a neutral court or even at your place you will beat Logan by double digits

"Didnt Logan lose earlier in the week to somebody??"

Nope, Logan is 6-0 now.

and i'm like BR i think back to back games help prepair your team to know how/what to expect come Tourney time.

Blfd will be ok, as its done and been said let Wyo. East go ahead and take the no. 1 ranking for now, as i've been saying for sometime, i believe Blfd/W.E. are on a collision course with one another and it should come to ahead in Charleston come March!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gillard is the worst thing to happen to Bluefield in many, many years. He is blind to the talent he has and even worse at playing to its strengths. Gaither should come back, he was a great coach.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gillard is the worst thing to happen to Bluefield in many, many years. He is blind to the talent he has and even worse at playing to its strengths. Gaither should come back, he was a great coach.

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked Gaither but he didnt exactly dominate. Gaither had by far better players as well.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked Gaither but he didnt exactly dominate. Gaither had by far better players as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gaither had "far better" players in 1995 and 1996, but that was it. People can critize Gaither for this and that, but the fact is that the man won consistently and Bluefield was a dominating force. He took the 1997 team with only returning player that saw significant minutes on the 1996 team, Yubrenal Isabelle, and guided them back to the state title game against one of the toughest schedules in the state.

Bluefield also never lost to an opponent with a losing record while Gaither was the coach at Bluefield. Bluefield has lost to at least four teams with a losing record in Gilliard's short time on the bench. Gaither was far and away a better bench coach than Gilliard will ever be. He recognized his team's strengths and played to them. He could recognize what was working in a game and continue to use it, not do something entirely different.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gaither had "far better" players in 1995 and 1996, but that was it. People can critize Gaither for this and that, but the fact is that the man won consistently and Bluefield was a dominating force. He took the 1997 team with only returning player that saw significant minutes on the 1996 team, Yubrenal Isabelle, and guided them back to the state title game against one of the toughest schedules in the state.

Bluefield also never lost to an opponent with a losing record while Gaither was the coach at Bluefield. Bluefield has lost to at least four teams with a losing record in Gilliard's short time on the bench. Gaither was far and away a better bench coach than Gilliard will ever be. He recognized his team's strengths and played to them. He could recognize what was working in a game and continue to use it, not do something entirely different.

[/ QUOTE ]

He had some very good talent in the 98, 99 years? Jamal Crenshaw, Justin King, and Patterson. That team should have won the state championship.

The 1998 team was WAY down after losing nearly everything from the 1997 team, which was a patch-work job after losing most of the 1996 team. They did make it back to Charleston, however, losing in the semi-finals to Weir. The 1999 squad was very good and did well throughout the season, blowing many teams out. They lost to a very good Tug Valley squad in the title game by 4-points. Tug Valley featured one of the best shooters and scorers the state has ever seen that year in Greg Davis. Davis hung 50 on Beckley that year when TV upset Beckley during the regular season.

[ QUOTE ]

I would like the question answered that many people have asked allready,

Why if the full court press was working, and bluefield was getting turnovers, why quit doing that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the "coach" can't...