Who's the best team overall this year?

NarzAlum50

Class A, Division 2  

1. 1. Class A, Division 2

Look at the colors of this site.75% of the viewers of this site have to be from Graham or Bluefield. Thats the answer to why they are praised so much. They are always a good team, but nobody has done anything yet post Bradshaw era.To say your better without such a dominating player as bradshaw was is just not right to me. THose same people last year were praising him now they think their team is better without him. Some fans.

You will never win a battle with anyone about Graham on this site. So I know how you feel. Just go with the flow. YEah Graham will be 10-0 this team and will score 100 points a game. They are awesome. LOL.

graham will be better because teams cannot just key on one player this year and they have a kid who rushed for 800 yards even with bradshaw in the backfield so think if he was not there how many yards could he have gotten. i do not know what the colors of this site have anything to do with how good or bad graham or bluefield will be. i bet that if you had a site of your own no one would win a battle with you either and usually do not even on this board. and one of your guys helps with this board also.the reason graham should be better without him is the team will be a team not just one good player and this will make it harder for other teams to set a defense to stop one player.

just about all of the kids that return this year played in the beaver game and many played all season but to say that they will be scared that is a stretch. i have yet to ever see a graham team that is scared of any team that they face. respect yes but scared no.i will not say that graham will beat beaver but it will be a good game as it always is and mitchell stadium could be death valley for many visiting teams this year because of bluefield and graham playing there.

i do not know what you have against graham j marcum other than the beat grundy last year. your brothers are very good players and i hope that they do very well. i just do not know where your anger towards graham comes from. and i do know that no one has ever won a arguement with you when it comes to grundy or your brothers so where is the difference between graham fans and you. not a lot is there over all. you support grundy and your brothers and graham fans support the gmen and their kids like mine who plays for graham. and that is how it should be. you need to come down from the mountain and get with the rest of us talking about our favorite team on this board. and if you read past posts so far this summer there have been just as many people talking about their teams as graham fans talking about theirs. maybe you are upset that the poster did not add grundy to the list of teams. if that is the case make your own list and keep graham off of it or add them to it either way it would be your post just like it was this posters choice as to who he added to his list.

I don't think it's unreasonable to think Graham might be better this year without Bradshaw and with more diversity. However, as I've said before I think they're struggle early trying to establish an identity without Bradshaw. Regardless of what some may believe, Graham has been the Bradshaw show the past two years. The offense started and stopped with Ahmad Bradshaw. Bradshaw was the focal point of the opponent’s defense and that allowed kids like Henry to put up very solid numbers being the other options. Now with Bradshaw gone kids like Henry become the focal point of the opponent’s defense and they’ll find the going a bit tougher this season. It’ll take a couple of games before an offensive rhythm is built and the returning players find their niche in the post-Bradshaw era at Graham.

However, with that said looking at Graham’s schedule I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to see them finish up with only a loss or two. Bluefield will be their toughest test for obvious reasons. Blacksburg will provide a challenge, but I believe the Bruins lost quite a bit of experience. By the time the Grundy game rolls around Graham will be six games deep into their schedule and by then those niches should be carved out for the G-Men. Making a preseason prediction, I believe Graham will go 9-1 with the lone loss to, of course, Bluefield.

now now br you know you should never say anything good about graham on here it is a bad thing to do according to some. but i do agree that they do have the chance to have a very good season. the only thing is they will have more than henry in the backfield. they will miss belcher and goodson down the middle more than some other players. that is one place that they do not seem to have anyone to step in and make the plays. but they still will be good and may just give the beavers a run for their money again

The G-Men will always have a good team whether or not they will be as potent in the past remains to be seen. However, they will be very good and will make the playoffs once again. After losing Farley and some seniors I think narrows will be a little down be may sneak in the playoffs in the Mountain Empire District. James Monroe always produced solid teams which usually defeat Princeton on a regular basis, look for them to have a great year..Don't know a lot about Grayson county but look for them to hover around .500

I'd be more than just a little than just a little surprised if Graham has as good a year as last season. Both offensively, and defensively, Bradshaw was the heartbeat of that team last year. There are cases of area teams losing a player like that and then "improving" the next year, but they're rare. The only one that really comes to mind is Bluefield after they lost Issabelle a few years back, then won the state title, even though quality of competition may have been a factor there as well.

Who replaces Bradshaw at RB, or receiver, or I think most importantly on defense? These are questions that I haven't heard serious attempts to answer. Only time will tell.

[ QUOTE ]

they will miss belcher and goodson down the middle more than some other players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you hit on a very good point that most people, including Graham fans, overlook. Belcher and Goodson are key losses as well. Not as much as Bradshaw of course, but key none the less.

Graham seems to be getting the "Rodney Dangerfield" from this board...NO RESPECT!

I think that is great because some of you may get a big shock in a few weeks...

at rb robert henry andy henderson and billy napper and few others that i cannot remember their names wr will more than likely be elswick and remines and on defense the same will play a lot more. as far as defense goes bradshaw did not play on the line that is where graham will be better and more than likely napper might take his place at db.

I agree, truthfully I think that it will hurt us alot more to lose this senior class than the one that just graduated. We will have some holes to fill next season. I would expect us to be about as good as last year in my opinion. Others can laugh at that notion if they want, but it will be their suprise when it happens.

grahams talent level is just as good this season as last even though they lost bradshaw who was a very good player but what you do not see or understand is that this team will be a team and play as a team and they all get along with each other because they have no star player. bradshaw was good but if you went to any of grahams games you would have seen that at times bradshaw brought himself out of the game for several plays and this was mainly on offense and usually when graham was close to a score which hurt the team. this years kids are a team they are ready to play for each other and for graham they will be better than you seem to want to believe but that is ok also. maybe others in the swd will think the same way as you. as far as gretna if you go to va preps you will find that even their fans are concerned about the team. yes they have hall but lost their best players to graduation and many on the line and they also have many holes to fill. so do not give it to either team just yet.

I'm talking about a specific opponent, Gretna. If they run the same offense (and they will), we don't have enough athletes to cover all their "skill" personnel.

If we would have had one more athletic player at linebacker to cover Hall when he ran from the shotgun, Graham could have won. Remember all those 3rd and somethings Gretna converted in the 4th quater by snapping Hall the ball in the shotgun, with three recievers on his right and one on the left, and when Reynolds and the wide outs would run Bradshaw and our defensive backs down the field, Hall ran for the first down marker. They did that the entire second half of the game, and from what I understand the entire State Final Game.

Last time I checked I was talking the the spectator, not you. I never said anything but the truth. Except for Lance this site is ran by mostly Graham fans. Thats fine. I never said anything about graham fans or kids. I said that the spectactor was wasting his time saying that he thought that Graham was being overhyped.

As far as living in the mountains thats just funny. I am not some hick from SWVA. In fact as soon as my brothers are gone from Grundy then I wont ever come back here. I made no harmful remarks to anyone. So why bringing my brothers into this was done I have no idea.

Just so you know you really dont know what your talking about when you say no Graham fan has done anything to me. Dookie last year did nothing but make fun of my brothers with his troll boy remarks and time and time again they have said stuff singled at the two kids in this household. They will again im sure. We dont care. WE hope you do. This is just some little internet site. Talk about my mom, dad, anyone you want. Doesnt matter to me. I know you wont. I am just saying if it happens so be it. But it did happen. Maybe before your time into this site but like I said you don't know how much was said.

I dont wish anything bad to Graham or anyone. Good luck to all the teams around the area. Yeah my allegiance goes with grundy but thats because of family and the kids on that team are my family. You may have a son on Grahams team but the kids who play for Grundy live at my house and are like brothers to me. So I dont go for them because of the gold on their helmets but because of the good kids I know them to be.

Well I am done. Good luck to your son and I hope he has a great season.

ok first i never said anything about being in the mountains i love the mountains nothing wrong with that. second i did not say that no graham fan had ever said anything bad about you i said i do not know what you have against graham. third i was on the old site and i saw what he said about your brother and i defended your brothers back then because no one should degrade a kid no matter what.as far as who you were talking to that is ok also but remeber when someone says something about someones school no matter if they are taking to that person they normally will reply to the comment that is the way message boards are.last i feel the same way about all the kids on grahams team each and everyone of them give their best every day on the team and in school and i care about them and my school. most people that have gone to graham over the years have a bond with the school that is hard to break and many do not understand how someone that is not going to the school or still in the area can have anything to say about the school but it is because of the bond to the school and everyone there.

Apparently you do care, otherwise you wouldn't keep bringing it up. You need to let it go. But if you wish to continue to take your shots at me I will have to respond to you sooner or later. The ball is in your court..........