Best player in the SWVA area?

Bluefield_Rules

i think rusty coeburn is the best overall athlete coming back he is really good in football better on defense in my judgement, he is a good baseball player and a decent basketball player he is very well rounded like the belcher kid from graham last year

I agree. You can't talk about the best players in the area without mentioning Ringstaff. I hope he can put up those numbers this year, without Brown getting most of the attention of opposing defenses. Cain will be the stud this year and he will be keyed on.

Just by past states I can't give any Graham players just because most all the high yardage players for Graham last year was, Bradshaw, but by looking who I think will be one of the best players in SWVA area will be Andy Henderson. As someone said he is a well rounded player too, he plays football, he is an all state wreslter, and he is also on of grahams best baseball players. Henderson gets my vote for one of the best players in the SWVA area.

GO G-MEN!

G-MEN PRIDE!

Henderson and the older Marcum from Grundy will be defensive notables. On the other side of the ball; Coeburn, Ringstaff, the younger Marcum, and the entire Bluefield backfield UNIT. One player who will start to emerge as a workhorse on both sides will be Bovenizer of Graham.

So far in the SWD...I think:

Graham: Bovenizer and Henry

Grundy: both Marcum bros, Lee, and baker are all set to have big years if they stay healthy.

Richlands: Ringstaff could be a monster this year.

Tazewell: ?

Carrol County: ?

Those are the only ones out of the SWD that I can think off off the top of my head. ANyone else know if CC or Tazewell has any good prospects for this year?

I dunno much about him...I know Ringstaff has quietly worked his ass off in the off season and will shock a lot of people though. I'm tempted to skip the Graham v. Bluefield game and go see Gate City and Richlands the first week instead just to see what he has to offer. But, I also want to see what Graham has without AB.

Bud Miller of Lebanon looks good. He is working hard to be good. He should be better because he will have a good line(but no depth). I agree though that Cain and Tatum will be good but will not have a good enough qb for them to be awesome. Unless Cain starts at qb which higly doubtful. McCracken can't handle pressure and Heath doesn't have the arm. But these are my predictions.

I really believe Richlands just needs a QB who doesn't make mistakes. If they stick to the I-formation (and I hope they do after last year's early season fiasco)I don't think the offense will have a problem moving the ball. Another player that should be mentioned in this thread is Jeremy Keene. He doesn't get much attention but he is a solid TE/DE/K.

[ QUOTE ]

McCracken can't handle pressure and Heath doesn't have the arm. But these are my predictions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wondering, have you seen McCracken in practice, or in JV games? He hasn't played much QB in varsity games, and I am curious why you say he can't handle pressure. I'm not questioning you or anything. Just curious.

you may not of heard much about him yet but Kellie Nichols from Patrick Henry began establishing his name last year w/ an all state wrestling perfomance, and a 1,000 yard rushing season look for him to produce more this year. As well as wide out zack cannon returning punts, and if he gets the ball in his hands should have a major impact on the district.

A buddy of mine went to a JV game last season and said Mccracken was fantastic. I know the kid has an arm,dont know about the mobility though, I would like to see Richlands run the option some.

Poole will be returning for the rebels this year as well he's only a Junior so actually he'll be back this year and next. Look for the trio of Poole, Cannon, and Nichols to lead the rebels to a possible playoff birth for the first time in 5 years.