To all Va Tech Football Fans, look here.......................

sandman

[ QUOTE ]

I was scanning the SEC fanboards looking at recruiting comments and came across this............

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=3803403

A very "interesting" discussion on the Tiger Rant.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's interesting about it???? You've got some good fans expecting a good game and then you've got typical SEC fans expecting their team to win in a blowout...move along...nothing to see here...

• 5 months later...

I think they're gonna be surprised at what they see sept. 8th. Virginia Tech loves to be the underdog, and anyone who goes into Baton Rouge is an underdog. It will be a fun game to watch. And shitey q.b. Who's starting for them now that Russell is gone? They've got pretty big shoes to fill there. Literally...

Who's starting for them now that Russell is gone? They've got pretty big shoes to fill there. Literally...

LSU's starter will be Matt Flynn, he defeated Miami in the Peach Bowl two years ago by more than five touchdowns. For people that pay attention to college football, there's not many people that would take Glennon over Flynn.

There's not many that would take Glennon over a number of the other starters around the country. I hate to be negative, but I just don't believe Glennon has the ability to take this team where they're capable of going this year. The defense is loaded, the backfield is improved with depth and Ore is a stud, and the receiving corp. is the best collection ever at Tech. The single biggest weakness is the QB and it'll bite Tech in the big games throughout the season. I just don't buy into the hype that has Tech in the national title or BCS hunt b/c the QB is such a question mark. It's unfortunate that Taylor is coming in this fall instead of last or that this year's seniors won't be around next fall when Taylor is more seasoned.

Ehh, I don't know about all that. You really can't judge Glennon on his performances last year. He learned a lot, and I think he will be able to get the ball to the receiving core, the backs, and he'll get the job done so that the defense can do their job.

Guest JJBrickface

I didn't they Glennon was all that bad, especially for a first year starter.

Well to go 10-3 as a first year starter isnt that bad. I know alot of QB's that would love to go 10-3 anytime in there whole career. I think everybody will change there mind about Glennon after this year because with a year under his belt and him knowing the reads and defenses he'll have a good year.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

Well to go 10-3 as a first year starter isnt that bad. I know alot of QB's that would love to go 10-3 anytime in there whole career. I think everybody will change there mind about Glennon after this year because with a year under his belt and him knowing the reads and defenses he'll have a good year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you 100%.

I agree with G-Man....'ol Stiney is the problem. He runs the most boring & predictable offense in college football. What a waste of the talent that's at VT. Hopefully the D will be strong enough, and score enough, to bail Stiney's mundane offense out.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

I agree with G-Man....'ol Stiney is the problem. He runs the most boring & predictable offense in college football. What a waste of the talent that's at VT. Hopefully the D will be strong enough, and score enough, to bail Stiney's mundane offense out.

[/ QUOTE ]

My question is if Stinespring is the problem then what blame goes to Coach Beamer, after all he is the head coach.

Stinespring can be blamed but you cant compare him to Bustle because Bustle had Michael Vick. And yes Stinespring had Marcus but Marcus wasnt have the player Michael was. We'll see what Stinespring has when Taylor gets the job in a yr or 2.

According to reports in recent days Tyrod Taylor has added 10-15 lbs. of muscle in recent months, bringing his body up to the point he could legitimately handle the rigors of college football. Also, he's picking up the offense much quicker than expected and as such will get a serious look at the starting job when practice opens in August. If Taylor does land the starting job I'll start getting excited at the chances Tech could have a special year...

I may be wrong, but I don't think that (not having a number on there) means he'll be redshirted. Only two incoming freshman have numbers on the roster list, that's Oglesby and Sykes, and both entered school early back in January. Actually, last I had seen they were looking to redshirt Sykes, and his bio on there says they still are.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

is taylor redshirting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, if you go to the website, he doesn't have a number listed.

[/ QUOTE ]

As pointed out, that doesn't mean anything. The freshmen that did not arrive until this summer will not have numbers assigned until practice starts in August.