• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

he'll get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys should post more pictures of the area. I love to see them.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

he'll get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys should post more pictures of the area. I love to see them.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it gets about freezing I will hike up to the Peak and gets some pictures. It looks really cool looking down on Tazewell with the frost covered trees.

I hope Buzzsaw doesn't mind but here are a couple I did last Winter when I was still using film and a manual camera. I didn't spend much time on them in Photoshop so they're not great.

ne0000318_w.jpg

ne0000304_w.jpg

not at all, post away. I'm going through all my photos of all different types but I have landscapes mostly, so I'm gonna post more and more for a while. Appreciate the comments yall.

Those are good bigd, I know where the lake is of course, where are the cows?

The cows are actually beside the road leading in. About half way between the main road and the lake. I really want to get out and do some more stuff like that but I have so much work to do with the basketball pictures, and still need to do some more with football, that I can't find the time. I actually don't even own a wide angle lens at the moment. When I upgraded to the Canon 20d I bought only the lenses I needed for basketball, a 50mm and an 85mm, and will need to get a 200mm before baseball starts. So a wide angle isn't in my future until probably June.

Do you live on dial rock road, or in thompson valley?

Bigd, didn't know you bought a 20d. I have used my d70 to the point it has to go to the shop before I can expect any real quality photos, I've almost abused that with my hiking and rough handling of it in our jeep, ect., it still functions though but I've certainly been rough on it. My goal is to use some of the $s from deployment God willing all goes well, and go to photography school and actually learn what I'm doing, then invest in landscape lenses and do a lot of photography. I have 2 projects in mind for some income.

beartown wilderness and chestnut ridge, this view is really impressive in the winter, spring or fall when there's not many leaves or brush to block the view and on a good day. It a lot closer and bolder than it seems in the photos.

Big walker is the distant mountain in the middle with the snow line on top.

awesome!!!!!!!

beartownwilderness04.jpg

chestnutratlesnakeridgest.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Do you live on dial rock road, or in thompson valley?

Bigd, didn't know you bought a 20d. I have used my d70 to the point it has to go to the shop before I can expect any real quality photos, I've almost abused that with my hiking and rough handling of it in our jeep, ect., it still functions though but I've certainly been rough on it. My goal is to use some of the $s from deployment God willing all goes well, and go to photography school and actually learn what I'm doing, then invest in landscape lenses and do a lot of photography. I have 2 projects in mind for some income.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither, just go to Main Street in Tazewell and find the road that goes up, and take it all the way until you can't go up anymore.

Best way I can explain it.

haha