richlands @ martinsville

vikings12

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

youre right..you never know how any team is gonna come out and play...either team could come away with .. i just see martinsville taking this one

[/ QUOTE ]thats true...i think it will be a 2 point game...richlands finished the regular season and the tournament with some good games and i think it will carry over to the martinsville game

[ QUOTE ]

martinsville doesnt have a perimeter game,and i think richlands is athletic enough to beat them

[/ QUOTE ]

martinsville lost it's top scorer and eventual piedmont player of the year in emanuel reid about 6 or 7 games ago. while he certainly was the dogs' (and maybe the state's) most lethal threat from the perimeter, to say that "martinsville doesn't have a perimeter game" is just not really true.

and anyone who doesn't think that the dogs will not be prepared for yet another southwest va team to throw a zone at them...you're kidding yourself. look for the dogs to use speed and quickness to jump out to a lead...then hold the ball until richlands has to come out of the zone. eerily similar to the game against abingdon last year...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

martinsville doesnt have a perimeter game,and i think richlands is athletic enough to beat them

[/ QUOTE ]

martinsville lost it's top scorer and eventual piedmont player of the year in emanuel reid about 6 or 7 games ago. while he certainly was the dogs' (and maybe the state's) most lethal threat from the perimeter, to say that "martinsville doesn't have a perimeter game" is just not really true.

[/ QUOTE ]the game against magna vista they shot from the perimeter maybe 3 times

Richlands doesn't have a chance. They will be shell shocked when they step into the doghouse. It's totally different from playing at Grundy or anywhere else in the SWD for that matter. They have their 13 State Basketball Championships hanging on the wall in their gym and not 13 State Wrestling Championships

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands doesn't have a chance. They will be shell shocked when they step into the doghouse. It's totally different from playing at Grundy or anywhere else in the SWD for that matter. They have their 13 State Basketball Championships hanging on the wall in their gym and not 13 State Wrestling Championships

[/ QUOTE ]it doesnt matter how many banners u have hangin in your gym and any givin team can beat another team on any given night

[/ QUOTE ]the game against magna vista they shot from the perimeter maybe 3 times

[/ QUOTE ]

they also had tracy hairston in street clothes during the magna vista game. he's very capable of hitting the 3... he will be in uniform tomorrow night.

[ QUOTE ]

You didn't get it. The doghouse is a totally different atmosphere and Richlands will get blown out!!

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll not venture a guess at the score, or say they'll get blown out....but it's likely that the kids will be in for a total shock in the doghouse. especially if the locals decide that the game is worth their 5 or 6 bucks and the place fills up.

different atmosphere...Graham might not have been the best this year...but when our student section wanted to be loud and disruptive..i dont think anyone could out do us....i mean Bluefield's is good too...i would say we are about even...but atmosphere..we have a hostile one...even when we travel...hell i almost got thrown out of the Richlands game at Richlands...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You didn't get it. The doghouse is a totally different atmosphere and Richlands will get blown out!!

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll not venture a guess at the score, or say they'll get blown out....but it's likely that the kids will be in for a total shock in the doghouse. especially if the locals decide that the game is worth their 5 or 6 bucks and the place fills up.

[/ QUOTE ]it will fill up and im goin to laugh when richlands comes in there ready to play and gives martinsville a run for there money