richlands @ martinsville

vikings12

[ QUOTE ]

Close for a half,Dogs make them chase the 2nd half(if they can get a 6-8 point lead). I'll say 12-15 point Dog win. But I'll also say this, none of the Piedmont teams are as strong this year as some of the past teams have been,so with that being said any of them are subject to being beat if all they think they have to do is show up to win!!

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm inclined to agree with that one...somewhere in the 10-15 point range. rhs will play zone and the game may stay fairly close early. although what those teams typically don't realize is that it's not the zone that'll keep the score close...it's the relentless defensive pressure the bulldogs apply that will make the score more lobsided.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Close for a half,Dogs make them chase the 2nd half(if they can get a 6-8 point lead). I'll say 12-15 point Dog win. But I'll also say this, none of the Piedmont teams are as strong this year as some of the past teams have been,so with that being said any of them are subject to being beat if all they think they have to do is show up to win!!

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm inclined to agree with that one...somewhere in the 10-15 point range. rhs will play zone and the game may stay fairly close early. although what those teams typically don't realize is that it's not the zone that'll keep the score close...it's the relentless defensive pressure the bulldogs apply that will make the score more lobsided.

[/ QUOTE ]i did hear they played really good man to man defense

[ QUOTE ]

the last game yall played

[/ QUOTE ] 25-24 at the end of the 3rd quater then some hoe the final score was 50-26 i thought it was pretty hilarious myself... but the final scores when we played richlands were 69-41 and 68-59 beat us first the you can talk crap about us... but back on topic to RICHLANDS and MARTINSVILLE...

[/ QUOTE ]i did hear they played really good man to man defense

[/ QUOTE ]

and the game you're basing that statement on...the pd final...was played w/out a kid that signed a LOI to play football at vmi...arguably the best all around athlete in the area. he'll be in the starting lineup tomorrow night.

If I was Lee I'd be ticked off. According to the brackets Lee is the 4 seed MV is the 5 seed but the game is at MV. I thought the higher seed hosted the game.I would want the opponent driving 4 1/2 or 5 hours to play not the other way around!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

the last game yall played

[/ QUOTE ] 25-24 at the end of the 3rd quater then some hoe the final score was 50-26 i thought it was pretty hilarious myself... but the final scores when we played richlands were 69-41 and 68-59 beat us first the you can talk crap about us... but back on topic to RICHLANDS and MARTINSVILLE...

[/ QUOTE ]yall scored 2 points in the 4th HAHAHAHAHA,i would want to change the subject after that one

[ QUOTE ]

You probably won't. You will just get a new name like you did today.

[/ QUOTE ]i wont change my name,the ppl who predicted martinsville by 30 will prolly change there name when they see how close the game is

But you've never been in the 'Doghouse when the 'Dogs are "entertaining" guests. It is something you can't explain - all those banners on the walls -all those pictures of the state championship teams hanging in the lobby - all that tradition staring you in the face from the moment you walk in the door. It's been said that playing on your home court is worth 10 points - I'd say that playing in the 'Doghouse in the postseason is worth at least 20 for the 'Dogs! Y'all come early - we'll all have some fun before the crying starts on the Richlands sidelines!

[ QUOTE ]

If I was Lee I'd be ticked off. According to the brackets Lee is the 4 seed MV is the 5 seed but the game is at MV. I thought the higher seed hosted the game.I would want the opponent driving 4 1/2 or 5 hours to play not the other way around!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are they having to make another trip over there again then???

It's the way the brackets are set up this year. It's not logical - logic and the VHSL are an "oxymoron" - like "jumbo shrimp" - two terms that are used together and they are complete opposites. I understood that the #2 seeds would meet at a neutral site somewhere between the two but it seems that all the neutral sites are busy. And Lee should really appreciate the lighting at MV - better than what it has been but it's still dark in that hole.

it will be interesting tonite, not to see if richlands can win but if they dont killed. Tracey is the best athlete in the area big, fast, and strong. Carroll County fans can tell you he is extremely fast; 4.4 range. The doghouse is the hardest place to play. There might be a foot of space between the players and the student section so they will hear everything that is said. Hope yall are ready.

Bulldogs win 75-55