The Pioneers vs. The Blue Tornado

TheAlpha

Why would it be embarrasing?....u guys are undefeated and ppl are looking for u all to beat us....ur a good football team...it wont be embarrasing *if* we lose to you all...jus be a loss....i mean we are def. ready for u guys and we will be there w/our A game so enuff talk lets just pop sum pads!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, for one thing you're supposedly the best in region 4, you're division 4 Lebanon is division 2, you have an almost 300 student edge on Lebanon. It's kinda like when Lebanon lost to Northwood last year, Northwood was good but should'nt have been able to beat Lebanon, Lebanon had a huge enrollment advantage, it was embarassing. I don't know where you're getting your information but I don't know of anyone that is picking Lebanon to beat Richlands unless it would be the players, if you're playing you better go in expecting to win or it'll be a long game. Anyhow, I'm kinda tired of the jabbing, it was fun but it's time to let the two teams play the game. Lebanon probably does'nt have the depth to stay fresh against Richlands but from what I've seen from both teams, Lebanon is every bit as physical as Richlands and every bit as talented at the skilled positions, Lebanon has a smaller line than Richlands but are excellent at pass blocking. I don't have a clue how this game will come out, could be another blowout or could be tight.

Well i guess i can see where your coming from and yes i do play and yes i am expecting to win just like evryone does does for there home team! But enuff talk its starting to get crazy so lets just play on Friday!

Yep, it's time to play. I hope you and your teammates have an injury free game as I hope the same for Lebanon. A game like this can have bad things happen like last year whem a very impressive fullback for Richlands was out for the playoffs. Games like this make me nervous right before the playoffs. Don't be fooled by my jawing, come playoff time I will be pulling for everybody this side of Wytheville, my heart will always be with the coalfield teams. Play hard, leave it on the field, and most of all don't get hurt, Richlands and Lebanon both will need healthy teams when the 2nd season starts.

Thats right u gotta be pumped up for it too or ur momentum will just simply fly away thats why this game will help us cause if we win it will give us a nice way to enter the playoffs! I cant wait til this friday!

who know i would say coaches and player on both team are looking into the playoffs this game means very little. except braging rights. lebanon may have a little more to lose but not alot. the best team may not win just the team that is mnore prepaired for this one game.

a perfect 10-0 regular season on the line vs. a 9-1 season...and the rivalry between two old SWD foes...and the Tazewell vs Russell Co rivalry...oh I'd say nobody will be looking past this game or have any problems getting up for it...just look at all the hate in this thread if you need any more proof...lmfao.

Well put, but I dont think that Richlands looks past anygame. We as players arent anyways, and the coaches arent either. Alot of talk about Richlands taking opponets lightly has been on this board but we dont. The larger part of us head into everygame like it might be our last, and the rest are just excited for some other reason. Its a good thing that we took everygame this season like it might be our last, cause after friday, its win or go home, no second chance.

[ QUOTE ]

I know one thing. It better be a good and exciting game with fans packed it there tight becuase it is going to be cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling this will be one of those "standing room only" games.

Git R Done Blues,I got to work yet again so I won't be able to make it again.I've had to work almost all season on Friday nights and whats even worse I got to work weekends so no playoff games for me unless I lie through my teeth.This one should be close hope they watch White and Miller on offense and Yates on Defense that guys a force up the middle.

Richlands 21

Lebanon 14

I think this is the game of the year, playoffs and everything else taken out. Both teams are good, very good, and each has a weapon the other team supposedly doesn't have. If u look at it, each team has a 1000 yard rusher, so if both teams break it down Lebanon has the advantage. Tatum is the only one with over ten catches on Richlands, so if we stop him and have a lb on Biscuit, who you gonna throw to? Lebanon is, that if you stop one others will start to step up. Advantage- Lebanon

Defensively both teams are good. Richlands is always talking about smashmouth so we will se some big hits, but Lebanon avgs. 2 or 3 big hits a game. Advantage- none

Special teams is weaker now that one of Lebanons seniors (Dotson) is injured, and he was a force on Special teams. Advantage- Richlands

I say this game is gonna be decided in the first quarter, unlike others who will think fourth. If Lebanon starts to score in the first it will be a long game for Richlands. But if Richlands comes out and stops them first couple of drives, it will be a long night for Lebanon.

Lebanon-21

Richlands-17

[ QUOTE ]

I think this is the game of the year, playoffs and everything else taken out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's shaping up to be a good one.

[ QUOTE ]

Tatum is the only one with over ten catches on Richlands, so if we stop him and have a lb on Biscuit, who you gonna throw to? Lebanon is, that if you stop one others will start to step up. Advantage- Lebanon

[/ QUOTE ]

You answered your own question. Just like Lebanon, if you stop Tatum and Keene others will step up. Tatum is the only one with 10 catches but at least 5 guys have more than 5 in an offense that throws as few as 5, and never more than 20 times in a game.

[ QUOTE ]

Defensively both teams are good. Richlands is always talking about smashmouth so we will se some big hits, but Lebanon avgs. 2 or 3 big hits a game. Advantage- none

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh but Richlands has 2-3 players who average 2-3 big hits per game each. Advantage - Richlands?

[ QUOTE ]

Special teams is weaker now that one of Lebanons seniors (Dotson) is injured, and he was a force on Special teams. Advantage- Richlands

[/ QUOTE ]

That's too bad. I hate to see a senior get hurt late in the year. Is he expected back for the playoffs?

[ QUOTE ]

I say this game is gonna be decided in the first quarter, unlike others who will think fourth. If Lebanon starts to score in the first it will be a long game for Richlands. But if Richlands comes out and stops them first couple of drives, it will be a long night for Lebanon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree to an extent. I think the team that wins will have to play well in the first, and every quarter but if it comes down to depth, Richlands will win it in the fourth.

Lebanon has not come close to seeing a team that is as deep or as physical as the Blue Tornado. Lebanon will come out sky high but when they get hit a few times they will do what every other team the Blue Tornado have played this year and that is lay down and quit after halftime. If the game is even close going into the second half, forget it Lebanon its over. With the kind of competition you all play you haven't had to play four quarters but one time and that is against a team we killed in Honaker

All Richlands fans keep saying we haven't faced anyone that hits like Richlands. I don't think you all have face anyone that hits like Lebanon and I KNOW they haven't faced anyone like Zack Miller or Drew Shortt. So just keep talking now because after the game you will only be whinning and making excuses. Hope you stay injury free tonight and good luck in the playoffs.

i never said anything about how hard anybody hit or anything...i haven't played all the teams that lebanon has only some of them...it seems to me like the lebanon fans are trying to prove something on here by saying lebanon is so "hard hitting"...how can you judge how hard the teams hit that we have played when lebanon hasn't played them?

RlandsSWDCamp, you sound like a player so I will say, just go out there and "Git-R-Done".

Plooot, I haven't seen Lebanon play so I can't pretend to know how good they are. I do know 9-0 isn't easy in any league. I'm sure Miller and Shortt are everything you say they are, but I can say without a doubt that Travis Tatum is one of the hardest hitters I've seen in high school in a long, long time. He's a special player. He will knock your teeth out then help you pick them up.