The Pioneers vs. The Blue Tornado

TheAlpha

Should be a very good game. One thing that will help Lebanon is that they play good against power teams. Speed is what usually hurts them. After playing George Wythe this week it should look like Richlands is moving in slow motion. I have seen them play this year and they arent even close to as quick and fast as George Wythe. They are definately bigger but that plays into Lebanon's strength. It should be a great game and may the best team win.

Lebanon 22

Richlands 14

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Blues welcome the undefeated Pioneers into our house. We have been keeping an eye on your team and you are for real. However, there is a "Tornado Warning" next Friday Night.The "Big Blue Defense" is a "Storm" and its brewing up to be a very good ballgame.

The Storm is Coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are very correct Ploot, The Strom is present in Ernie Hicks Stadium and its swirling around looking for the next team to strike, should be up to a catagory 5 by Friday Night,

Both teams will show up. It is not a district game but they will play like it is one. Both teams have already locked up the district so now they can prepare for the playoffs. A win by either team in this one will give the homefield in the first couple of games. That should be enough motivation to want this game badly. Plus there is a perfect record on the line. 10-0 season don't come around to often. Lebanon will want it and Richlands will do what they can to stop it.

It'll be fun, I don't know about everybody else, but I can at least go to this game relaxed, win or lose. The George Wythe game gave me heartburn, a headache, chest pains and a ringing in my ears........I love it !!! My sincere hope is that neither team has injuries, especially this close to playoff time. I know both teams want home field for the playoffs, but you still wanna go into them as healthy as possible. I may fly off the handle sometimes, but you can bet I have the utmost respect for Richlands and their program. I believe depth will be a problem for Lebanon.......not a problem for Richlands, probably will make the difference in this game.

well i think it will be a really close game but lebanon willl eventually run away with this game.

Lebanon 28 Richlands 21

Why will Lebanon win you may ask? 2 words: Zach Miller. he had an outstading game last week against George Wyth, throwing 3 tds and threw for 153 yards... i think and ran for about 40 or 50 more. and intercepted on for a long return and plus he recovered a fumble. so wow! this kid is for real. so that is my guess and explanation.

[ QUOTE ]

It'll be fun, I don't know about everybody else, but I can at least go to this game relaxed, win or lose. The George Wythe game gave me heartburn, a headache, chest pains and a ringing in my ears........I love it !!! My sincere hope is that neither team has injuries, especially this close to playoff time. I know both teams want home field for the playoffs, but you still wanna go into them as healthy as possible. I may fly off the handle sometimes, but you can bet I have the utmost respect for Richlands and their program. I believe depth will be a problem for Lebanon.......not a problem for Richlands, probably will make the difference in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depth has been Richlands' greatest strength. More than half the games have gone into the fourth quarter close but Richlands has managed to run away with it once the opponent wears down. I think that will be a key in this game.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm torn, i would love to come up and see this game too!

I really don't care a lot about seeing the GC vs. Burton game. I may show up and see this one! It is next Friday night, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, next Friday in Richlands. Come on over.

[ QUOTE ]

Lebanon held a George Wythe team averaging 41 pts per game to 19 pts. and 120 total yards while racking up 366 yards. They scored 27 pts. on a defense that had given up 20 pts. total in their first 8 games. Lebanon will not take Richlands lightly but in no way do they put them on a pedestal and fear them. Next week the weather will be great. There will be no storm in sight. [/quote/] First of all, I would like say I've have plenty of respect for George Wythe and Lebanon. But, the statistics for both teams are paper thin. Why? You may be asking yourself. Because they play in the HogoWhoGee Distrtict. I guarantee if either team played in the Southwest or Lonesome Pine Districts they would not be in a situation to be 10-0 or 9-1 or even 8-2. The bottom line is this. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best. Lebanon Pioneers, welcome to Ernie Hicks Stadium!

LMAO......great speach, if Lebanon was going to play the best, we'd be going to Gate City, Powell Valley or Gretna. Richlands has a enrollment of 840, Lebanon 564 and Gate City 600, we're not gonna feel too bad how ever it turns out, but if you get beat by another single A team would'nt that be embarassing? The pressure's on you, not Lebanon, Lebanon can play loose and have fun, the undefeated season means nothing, they're already where they wanna be.

[ QUOTE ]

if the shoe fits, wear it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know how to quote my posts? In any case, I know you have something personal against me so please PM me the attacks so others don't have to read.

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I did'nt notice who started the thread. He rarely has anything to offer a conversation and just gets a bunch of crap started and flies off to start something somewhere else, if I had noticed it was TheAlpha, I would'nt have even responded. Two good football teams and hopefully one good football game.........nuff said.

[/ QUOTE ]

What have I done to offend you? Who are you?

[ QUOTE ]

LMAO......great speach, if Lebanon was going to play the best, we'd be going to Gate City, Powell Valley or Gretna. Richlands has a enrollment of 840, Lebanon 564 and Gate City 600, we're not gonna feel too bad how ever it turns out, but if you get beat by another single A team would'nt that be embarassing? The pressure's on you, not Lebanon, Lebanon can play loose and have fun, the undefeated season means nothing, they're already where they wanna be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Richlands has proven they are among the best in this area...and Lebanon has as well. Should be a good game.

Couple of things that need to be pointed out about this game. First of all I have seen both teams play and I must say i was really impressed with the crowd support leb. had at the GW game. Richlands fans need to come out in full force for this one cause it should be a good one. In looking at the matchup I see this....GW coaches didn't do that well of job against leb. All credit to the pioneers but GW could run the ball when they wanted to. The only time they got in trouble was when they ran that 5 wide BS. But when they lined up and ran the ball at them..leb. had a hard time stopping them. Richlands won't go spread much if they look at this game. On the field at richlands, the blues should be able to pound the smaller front of the pioneers, as long as they stop yates. Stopping him is the key. Yates was in on a ton of tackles. Richlands "D" should have a good night as long as the corners hold ground. Poineers were not able to stop the nose for GW which busted alot of plays...but if you give miller some time...he can be deadly..... Look for a hell of a game with richlands pulling out the win by sticking with the run on a nasty field.