The Pioneers vs. The Blue Tornado

TheAlpha

It is true that Richlands killed Honaker and they played Lebanon tough the next week but they were much improved even a week later. Plus Lebanon had 7 turnovers that game. Don't expect them to turn it over like that against Richlands tough, that was a fluke.

Plus Richlands beat Tazewell 21-0, just 1 week later Lebanon beat Tazewell 21-7. I was at both games and Lebanon could have beaten them worse if they didn't sit on the ball the whole fourth quarter. And Tazewell gave Richlands all that they wanted for three quarters. It could have been different if not for the mistake on the Field Goal, the interception down at the end zone, and the hold on the screen pass that would have went for six anyway.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

It is true that Richlands killed Honaker and they played Lebanon tough the next week but they were much improved even a week later. Plus Lebanon had 7 turnovers that game. Don't expect them to turn it over like that against Richlands tough, that was a fluke.

Plus Richlands beat Tazewell 21-0, just 1 week later Lebanon beat Tazewell 21-7. I was at both games and Lebanon could have beaten them worse if they didn't sit on the ball the whole fourth quarter. And Tazewell gave Richlands all that they wanted for three quarters. It could have been different if not for the mistake on the Field Goal, the interception down at the end zone, and the hold on the screen pass that would have went for six anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok here....if it is to rain this week like it is suppose to for the next two days...our field will be slippery and muddy which equals=Turnovers shocked.gif...CC had 3 or 4 maybee even 5 cant remember...but so did we!! And the whole Tazewell thing, we were jsut playin 4 quarters of football Tazewell wasnt they played 3, and if u make mistakes even little ones against Richlands then you wish u hadnt after we score because of it....now im not trying to trash talk or w/e...im just tired of evryone making excuses that we dont play tought teams and the only reason we win is b/c the other team did sumthing wrong...we dont quit...we play 4 quarters of hard nose football. Thats just our style...so strap it on boys its gonna be fun this Friday!

I agree 100%, it is going to be fun. I have done alot of talking the last couple of days and so has some Richlands fans. But the fact of the matter is that these are two very solid teams and it will be a good game. If Richlands can contain Miller then Lebanon could be in trouble. They are not just a 1 man team but he is the engine. Just like if Lebanon contains Ringstaff you have to like Lebanon's chances.

I agree with ya too....Ringstaff is one of our main guys but hes not the only person that can lay a whoopin just like you all...i mean u have to have miller throw the ball but it sounds like if short even gets the ball he can do alot w/it...but if ringstaff is "shutdown" we'll just show our other lethal weapons that have been kinda silent since abingdon wink.gifgrin.gif!!!

Thayer White is a pretty good back in himself. He struggled with fumbles in the first two games but I don't think that he has fumbled since. He has over 1000 yards and around 20 td's. He is very underated but can carry a team.

I've got a question. They say this is an important game for Richlands to win because of homefield advantage. I was looking at that and i do not see how richlands could not get homefield advantage even with a loss.

Richlands has 198 points right now with one game remaining.

Basset has 142 points with 2 games remaining against Tunstall and Dan River.

In a worse case Scenario:

Lebanon beats Richlands. Richlands will still get 12 points from lebanon. 1 for each win by lebanon and 2 for losing to Dvision 2 team.

Get nothing from Gate City if they lose to JI Burton.

None From Tazwell for losing to Honaker.

2 from either Grundy or VA High,

2 from abingdon or marion

2 from CC or Grahm

none from lee losing to bluefield

thats 12+2+2+2=18 18+198=216 216/10=21.6

Maxium Basset points: (winners could be different but points would stay the same)

beating tunstall will give them 16 for winning plus 8 points for each win if they win out with a 4-6 record

beating Dan river will give them 15 points plus 4 points for each win if they win out with a 2-8 record.

(Winners could be different but points stay the same)

then the other points they get from teams:

Matinsville: only 2 for beating Patrick Co. lose to dan river

Patick Co.: only 2 for beating magna vista losint to martinsville

Magna vista: None for losing to Patick CO. and Tunstall.

Martinsburg: 2 more points for them winning out.(Lost to)

Floyd CO.: 1 more point for winning one game (Lost to)(They play Radford and lose)

Radford: 4 more points for beating Eastern Montgomery and Floyd Co.

Rustburg: 4 points for winning out

Rappahannock Co: 4 points for winning out

16+8+15+4+2+2+2+1+4+4+4=62 142+62=204 204/10=20.4

Richland 21.6

Basset 20.4

Richlands Homefield Advantage

If im wrong someone please let me know were i messed up.

Also the lebanon game will be great game. may not be important to the fans, but i beat you one thing it is important to the players i don't care what you say. As an athelete you want to win every game no matter when, where, or how it is played.

If Lebanon beats Richlands they lock up the #1 in Region C. If they lose Floyd could still get it. Floyd still has 2 games left and almost everyone they play has 2 games left so alot is still uncertain. With a loss Lebanon would have 216 points and with a win 234 points (every team that they have played this year are playing each other this week or next week so they are guaranteed 12 bonus points plus either 14 or 32 from Richlands no matter what). Floyd can get up to 226 points or as little as 181 in which case George Wythe could steal the #2, but the latter is very unlikely.

I believe Richlands already has home field, I'm pretty sure they've locked the #1 seed. There's several different senerios that could effect Lebanon, if Lebanon loses to Richlands and Floyd loses to Giles or Radford, Lebanon will still get #1 seed, if Floyd wins out, they'll get #1 seed and Lebanon #2, if Lebanon beats Richlands then it does'nt matter what Floyd does, Lebanon will be #1 seed. Most of the TRD still have 2 games left so Floyd stands to get more rider points than Lebanon can. I don't believe GW can do any better than #3 seed if Giles does'nt win, if Giles beats Floyd then GW is probably out.

Don't let the jaw jacking fool you Bluefield Rules, there's a lot more mutual respect between these two than it appears. Any teams that go 8-1 and 9-0 are pretty darn good, if either one has an off night, the other can take advantage. This ain't nothin compared to the rivalry used to be. Anyhow, if Richlands beats Lebanon I'll be the first congratulate them. Last year Richlands beat the tar outta Lebanon and it may happen again this year, after the game I stayed around the field a pretty good while talking to Richlands fans, I'll do the same this year. Heck, it's high school football, trash talk a little, play the game, shake hands, go home.

I for one think it is very important for Lebanon to win this game. That would give them Grayson County in the first round instead of Giles or George Wythe. That would be very nice, especially after an off week. Anything could happen after an off week, they could come out flat or anything. I for one would like that first playoff game to be a little easier.

Well, the way I see it, if we get beat by GW or Giles then we're not the better team. What kind of game are we gonna give'em if we have a couple of linemen out, or a QB, or a tailback. The truth is Lebanon does'nt have that kind of depth and if they can't get up for a playoff game no matter where it is then they don't have any buisness there. Sure, I'd like for Lebanon to beat Richlands, but it's not the most important game Lebanon has to play this year, the last one was one of them and the game after Richlands is the next.

I have to agree with you to a certain extent. If they lose to Richlands they have to wait to weeks before they can redeem themself. If they win, they get a week off, play Grayson Co., probably get to rest most of their starters for the 4th, then go into the next game rested and healthy. But I agree that if we can't get up for a playoff game no matter who it is then we shouldn't be there. I don't think that will be a problem though.

[ QUOTE ]

I've got a question. They say this is an important game for Richlands to win because of homefield advantage. I was looking at that and i do not see how richlands could not get homefield advantage even with a loss.

Richlands has 198 points right now with one game remaining.

Basset has 142 points with 2 games remaining against Tunstall and Dan River.

In a worse case Scenario:

Lebanon beats Richlands. Richlands will still get 12 points from lebanon. 1 for each win by lebanon and 2 for losing to Dvision 2 team.

Get nothing from Gate City if they lose to JI Burton.

None From Tazwell for losing to Honaker.

2 from either Grundy or VA High,

2 from abingdon or marion

2 from CC or Grahm

none from lee losing to bluefield

thats 12+2+2+2=18 18+198=216 216/10=21.6

Maxium Basset points: (winners could be different but points would stay the same)

beating tunstall will give them 16 for winning plus 8 points for each win if they win out with a 4-6 record

beating Dan river will give them 15 points plus 4 points for each win if they win out with a 2-8 record.

(Winners could be different but points stay the same)

then the other points they get from teams:

Matinsville: only 2 for beating Patrick Co. lose to dan river

Patick Co.: only 2 for beating magna vista losint to martinsville

Magna vista: None for losing to Patick CO. and Tunstall.

Martinsburg: 2 more points for them winning out.(Lost to)

Floyd CO.: 1 more point for winning one game (Lost to)(They play Radford and lose)

Radford: 4 more points for beating Eastern Montgomery and Floyd Co.

Rustburg: 4 points for winning out

Rappahannock Co: 4 points for winning out

16+8+15+4+2+2+2+1+4+4+4=62 142+62=204 204/10=20.4

Richland 21.6

Basset 20.4

Richlands Homefield Advantage

If im wrong someone please let me know were i messed up.

Also the lebanon game will be great game. may not be important to the fans, but i beat you one thing it is important to the players i don't care what you say. As an athelete you want to win every game no matter when, where, or how it is played.

[/ QUOTE ]

To answer your question...Richlands does have homefield through region championship game but if we beat yall then we got homefield for State-semi.'s!

[ QUOTE ]

To answer your question...Richlands does have homefield through region championship game but if we beat yall then we got homefield for State-semi.'s!

[/ QUOTE ]

State semi's are pre set through the year 2008 at this point..the Region IV Div 4 winner has home field this year regardless of who it is...they flip flop every year...Div 3 has to go to the Region III this year and Div 4 goes to Region 4 and next year Div 4 goes to Region 3 and Div 3 goes to Region 4.

Simple huh? lol confused.gifgrin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

State semi's are pre set through the year 2008 at this point..the Region IV Div 4 winner has home field this year regardless of who it is...they flip flop every year...Div 3 has to go to the Region III this year and Div 4 goes to Region 4 and next year Div 4 goes to Region 3 and Div 3 goes to Region 4.

Simple huh? lol confused.gifgrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad i thought thats how it went i just went on wat ppl was sayin to me guess i just need to keep my mouth shut if im not for sure huh>,,ha!

Richlands is gonna come out strong in this game and kill Lebanon. No one has hit Lebanon yet, and they are soft. But when we do shove it down your throats, you are gonna make excuses that u didnt play hard or the game didnt matter to u. Just remember the winning team never has to make excuses after the game. cool.gif

Whatever Bud, if you talk the talk, then you've got to walk the walk. Lebanon will be there, then we'll see if you can walk as much as you talk. You should win, but what if you don't? Gosh, would'nt that be embarassing? I'd say Lebanon is just shiver'in in their boots over that statement. No doubt, if they gave a cockiness award, you guys would be state champs............Heck..........probably national champs, but unfortunately you can't just talk the game, still hafta play it.