The Pioneers vs. The Blue Tornado

TheAlpha

Please post any predictions, comments, insights, and trash you wish to share here. I've always gotten up for games against Lebanon more than Tazewell or anyone else -- this is how a regular season should end.

Richlands 21

Token Single A School 7 shocked.gif

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No trash talk from Lebanon.......you seem to be professionals. We'll be there to play, you guys can handle the juvenile quips and pot shots. Hopefully Lebanon will stay above that. So far your record's not so good against token A schools.

[ QUOTE ]

So far your record's not so good against token A schools.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lebanon is no Gate City. I knew Gate City. Gate City was a friend of mine. Lebanon, sir, is no Gate City.

This is the first game since Grundy that worries me. I think it could be real close. I also think either team could take the momentum and blow it wide open.

Richlands has had a lot of penalties and turnovers the last couple games. They allowed both VHS and CC to stay in the game longer than they should have. They'll have to play solid football against Lebanon. They can't afford to wait till the Pioneers wear down in the fourth quarter. They might be the team that doesn't wear down.

As I said above, either team could blow it open but I'm going with close. RHS 27 Lebanon 21

[ QUOTE ]

This is the first game since Grundy that worries me. I think it could be real close. I also think either team could take the momentum and blow it wide open. [ QUOTE ]

BigD...with all due respect, are you Ken Wysor, cause it sounds like the mayor of Richlands is here posting. Man what do you really think.....no PC.....come in hard. Bring it.

Haha...nope not the mayor. I just think Richlands could drop this one if they aren't careful. The Blues went down there last year and really trashed a good team who's heart wasn't in it due to the tragic loss of a teammate. Combine that with Lebanon's chance for an undefeated season....I think they are really going to want this one. Richlands on the other hand could very easily be caught looking ahead to the playoffs.

scrimmaged Lebanon. Played Richlands. Interesting matchup up front with richlands' big physical line and lebanon's, especially Pepper Yates. I'll take Yates and Lebanon because the Pioneers have had a year to remember last year's complete whippin' which i got to see first hand. Who would've thought that Grundy folk would jump on the richlands bandwagon! (yes, sarcasm) Oh, and by the way wave...see ya at your mudhole next friday.

Lebanon - 21

Richlands - 14

[ QUOTE ]

scrimmaged Lebanon. Played Richlands. Interesting matchup up front with richlands' big physical line and lebanon's, especially Pepper Yates. I'll take Yates and Lebanon because the Pioneers have had a year to remember last year's complete whippin' which i got to see first hand. Who would've thought that Grundy folk would jump on the richlands bandwagon! (yes, sarcasm) Oh, and by the way wave...see ya at your mudhole next friday.

Lebanon - 21

Richlands - 14

[/ QUOTE ]

mudhole...zzzzzzzz...time for some new material everyone...yes, sarcasm

If the shoe fits...wear it. Thanks for contributing to the conversation with another classic. Instead of worrying about double threads, stop wasting everyone's time roaming from thread to thread with your demeaning and unnecessary posts.

[ QUOTE ]

If the shoe fits...wear it. Thanks for contributing to the conversation with another classic. Instead of worrying about double threads, stop wasting everyone's time roaming from thread to thread with your demeaning and unnecessary posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming you are talking about me. Please quote so the others will know. Thanks again.

Lebanon held a George Wythe team averaging 41 pts per game to 19 pts. and 120 total yards while racking up 366 yards. They scored 27 pts. on a defense that had given up 20 pts. total in their first 8 games. Lebanon will not take Richlands lightly but in no way do they put them on a pedestal and fear them. Next week the weather will be great. There will be no storm in sight.

Sorry, I did'nt notice who started the thread. He rarely has anything to offer a conversation and just gets a bunch of crap started and flies off to start something somewhere else, if I had noticed it was TheAlpha, I would'nt have even responded. Two good football teams and hopefully one good football game.........nuff said.