The Pioneers vs. The Blue Tornado

TheAlpha

I agree to a certain point, GW had 81 yards rushing, most on 2 or 3 breakaways and 48 yards passing. Lebanon got a bit lazy on one series and let GW drive the field, that's when they got almost all of their yards rushing, after that Lebanon stiffened up and did what they had to do to win. Richlands does have Lebanon out sized, considerable more depth and that will make the difference in the long run.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all GW did not run anywhere they wanted against Lebanon. When you play a team the caliber of GW then you should expect a couple of big plays. Holding them to 81 yards rushing if pretty good. Another thing is that the couple of big runs came to the outside. Ringstaff doesn't have the speed to get to the outside on Lebanon. If he does I will admit I am wrong. I am not saying that Richlands can't win but I believe for them to win it will be on Wells to do it, not Ringstaff..

Lebanon 22

Richlands 14

[ QUOTE ]

First of all GW did not run anywhere they wanted against Lebanon. When you play a team the caliber of GW then you should expect a couple of big plays. Holding them to 81 yards rushing if pretty good. Another thing is that the couple of big runs came to the outside. Ringstaff doesn't have the speed to get to the outside on Lebanon. If he does I will admit I am wrong. I am not saying that Richlands can't win but I believe for them to win it will be on Wells to do it, not Ringstaff..

Lebanon 22

Richlands 14

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to correct one thing, Ringstaff is as fast to the hole as anyone in the state...he's a north-south style runner that hits the hole hard...he doesn't try a lot of spins and moves, he just get's what he can and puts his shoulder down to finish off the run...he runs a lot off tackle, but if he gets outside on you, and he does have the speed to get outside, he can take it home. He is one of the elite backs in the region along with Marcum, Ellison, Looney, and Wengerd.

Richlands' defense is very solid all around except on their left corner where they just cant find a player to step up and make some plays. Richlands defensive line is not one to be reckoned with and with cain at one corner and tatum patiently waiting for the knock out blow lebanon will have a hard time. oh and who has lebanon played that is worth a crap besides GW who i just think had a bad game. Richlands plays phisical hardnosed football and lebanon hasnt seen that yet! They are due for a good one!

[ QUOTE ]

I didn't say that he wasn't quick to the hole but that he couldn't get to the outside on them. That is where all of GW's yards came.

[/ QUOTE ]

He can and will get to the outside on Lebanon...just my opinion. I picked Lebanon over GW...I think you have a great team...but I don't think you match up well with Richlands.

[ QUOTE ]

I didn't say that he wasn't quick to the hole but that he couldn't get to the outside on them. That is where all of GW's yards came.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Ringstaff can get outside but I expect Lebanon will key on him like so many others have this year. That will create opportunities for everyone else.

see i don't think they will key on him...i think they will try to balance the defense and just match up one on one with Richlands with position players and I think Richlands puts to many kids on the field for them to do that. They might have someone shadow him all night, but i doubt they would just decide..."we will stop ringstaff and take our chances on the others beating us" because that would not be smart...because Richlands has already proved they can beat people just as bad with the others...too much depth.

i totally agree with tater and he's right the pioneers have yet to see a hardnosed defense who likes to fly around and just hit people. i think it could be a good game but once richlands starts to smack them in the face then they will just lay down and quit.

Lebanon has played Honaker (8-1), George Wythe (8-1), Tazewell (5-4), Patrick (5-3, 5-1 until Nichols got hurt), Chilhowie (6-3)....

Lebanons Opponents Record 41-37

Richlands Opponents Record 40-41

This is the record of the opponents that the teams on Lebanon and Richlands have played. Just so you can't say that the teams Lebanon has played haven't played anyone.

Lebanon's opponent's opponents---364-318 53.37 winning %

Richland's opponent's opponents--381-346 52.40 winning %

I did'nt know there was so many Richlands fans went exclusivly to Lebanon games. Wow, I wished I knew as much about Richlands as you guys think you know about Lebanon, I only went to two Richlands games and sure don't count myself as knowing everything about'em. I believe you may be assuming a lot more than you really know. You may beat Lebanon, but I guarantee you don't scare'em.

[ QUOTE ]

see i don't think they will key on him...i think they will try to balance the defense and just match up one on one with Richlands with position players and I think Richlands puts to many kids on the field for them to do that. They might have someone shadow him all night, but i doubt they would just decide..."we will stop ringstaff and take our chances on the others beating us" because that would not be smart...because Richlands has already proved they can beat people just as bad with the others...too much depth.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might be right. I agree that keying on him is not smart.

i have read %s and opponents records lets see looks as if all swd teams will be in the playoffs all .500 or higher just in the district. i do say lebanon has a good team anyone who goes 9-0 has to be pretty good but when all is said and done shedules do not count because you have to look at who, all your opponents played also alot more goes into it than just who you played and there record. lebanon will stay in this game but will fall. rhs 34 lhs 20

thats because in your region all the playoff spots go to the district winners.

has nothing to do with a weak district, in fact it's just the opposite...I'd bet the worst team in the SWD would give the best team in any of the other districts fits...they might not win but it would not be a walk in the park. Lebanon didn't waste any time getting out of the SWD when the chance came around. Graham and grundy could have made the jump also...but they didn't.

Don't kid yourself and think the SWD is weak.

Whatever makes you feel better. I believe that going just to district winners add more pressure, you HAVE to win in Region C and D. It must be nice knowing you can lose 5 games and still get in. I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but the SWD does'nt strike fear in teams like they used to, you need to come out of your bubble. So far the SWD have wins against Grayson Co.(4-5) and Galax(3-5) losses to Floyd, Gate City and Lebanon. Richlands has almost 300 more students than Lebanon, if they beat Lebanon......big deal!!! they should beat Lebanon. I get around a lot in Lebanon and nobody seems to care much about this game, sure there's a certain amount of pride involved but neither team needs injuries to hurt their chances at the ultimate goal, Lebanon just wanted the district championship and make the playoffs.......done. Just read this message board, you'd think Richlands entire season was riding on this game, most people here don't want Lebanon to play the starters, take our beating and go into the playoffs fresh. I don't believe I'm the one kidding myself.

I want anyone on this board to tell me 1 solid team that someone from the Southwest district has beaten. So far every big game that any of your teams has played they have lost to. Just name 1, you can't do it. Just because you beat up on the Highlands doesn't mean that you are great.

I don't like to make comments without being able to back them up. So to prove my last comment....

The Southwest District hasn't beaten a non-district opponent with a winning record except Grundy's win over 6-4 Paintsville. How is that for an overrated.

Carroll County - ND = 5-1 SWD = 0-3

CC 42 Galax 13

CC 7 Floyd 14

CC 21 Marion 0

CC 56 Grayson 12

CC 39 Abingdon 28

CC 28 VA High 25

Graham - ND = 5-1 SWD = 0-3

GHS 21 Bluefield 48

GHS 17 Blacksburg 6

GHS 35 Marion 0

GHS 25 VHS 0

GHS 50 Abingdon 21

GHS 38 Princeton 7

Grundy - ND = 5-0 SWD = 3-1

GR 49 Sheldon Clark 7

GR 62 Shelby Valley 6

GR 62 Paintsville 6

GR 34 Marion 0

GR 54 Abingdon 13

Richlands - ND = 4-1 SWD = 4-0

RHS 21 Gate City 28 OT

RHS 51 Abingdon 14

RHS 69 Lee 14

RHS 31 Marion 6

RHS 35 VHS 21

Tazewell - ND = 3-2 SWD = 2-2

THS 7 Lebanon 21

THS 41 Abingdon 0

THS 0 Gate City 35

THS 14 VHS 12

THS 28 Marion 7

SWD non district record 22-5

5 losses came to:

Floyd County - 8-0

Bluefield 9-0

Gate City 8-1

Lebanon 9-0

Maybe you can provide the same numbers for your league so we will know "who's kidding who".

So, the SWD beats up on the Highlands district and 2 weak single A teams.....LOL.......WOW, I'm impressed. Plus, I know all about the eastern Kentucky teams, if you did'nt play Belfry, you did'nt play much. You're still just try'in to fool yourself. Get over it, nobody is shake'in in their boots. We'll see where you stand when the playoffs start, that should give you a reality check.

We are 3-3 against teams with a winning record.

Rural Retreat 13 Floyd Co. (8-0) 30

Lebanon 14 Honaker (9-1) 13

Lebanon 21 Tazewell (5-4) 7

John Battle 14 Honaker (9-1) 26

Holston 0 Twin Springs (6-3) 24

Chilhowie 41 Twin Springs (6-3) 16

Now let me just say that I am just arguing with you. I know that the Southwest from top to bottom is a tougher district. The numbers don't show that but numbers can lie. I do know that Lebanon and G.W. can compete with anyone in the Southwest and Patrick Henry and Chilhowie could give the bottom three teams all that they could handle. Then you have Northwood, Holston, John Battle, and Rural Retreat that could barely compete in the Cumberland.

Not sure what you mean by "the numbers don't show that". The SWD has an .815 winning percentage in non-district games.

Two of the five losses were in OT.

Richlands manhandled a Honaker team that took you to OT one week later.

We can compare stats all day long and still won't know who will win the game until it's played. Lebanon has a good team...no one is doubting that, but it's funny that someone from a two-team single-A district is bashing the SWD.

I have watched people come on this board all year and bash the SWD only to be beaten by the SWD a few days later. It's like the old Chuck Norris movies where they just keep coming at him despite seeing their friends get their !$$#$ kicked.