Bluefield vs. Weir - Projections and Discussion

Sources

This is getting good and it is only Monday. I feel good that the James Monroe people are picking Weir, we all know what they know about football, at least most who post on this board. If you put their collective knowledge regarding football in a matchbox it would look like a BB in a boxcar.

Glad to see some Weir folks posting here, ought to make for a spirited discussion on the board. However, one word of caution about what you guys did to James Monroe, almost anybody with a half decent passing game could kill that bunch. Rusty went 10-13 and 312 yards against them and threw three TD's the shortest of which was 51 yards and did not play the whole game. So I would not get too worked up about whopping the highly overrated Mavericks if I were you guys.

The Beavers know this will be a stren test on Saturday, make no mistake about that. If they are not ready to play the season will end on John Chamra field. But these seniors have been battle tested and I think they well rise to the occassion here and take care of business. They dedicated the field this year for the legendry Coach John Chamara, and they will play with pride on Saturday as I do not think they want to give up their dream on that playing surface. But with an opponent like Weir that will be exactly what may happen if they do not prepare themselves for battle this week.

Guess we will see about four o'clock Saturday afternoon, and nothing posted on this Board will change what happens out there between the white lines. I will go out on a limb and say that if Bluefield plays up to their talent level there is no way they will lose this game, but if they give the same effort they gave this past Saturday the season will come to an abrupt and painful end.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey Weirfootball, good to see ya on this board too..ill take your predicted score into consideration and just say this, there is NO WAY you will hold this team to 14 points, its just not gonna happen...i wish this game could be played today, its killin me to wait till saturday...good luck, safe travels and see ya there..

Well, I didn't pick us to beat you guys in the regular season nor did i pick us to beat Weir. Not that you guys would care but on the board i am 12 for 12 in AA playoff predictions. I don't pick Bluefield to lose just because i don't like them. I am a realist, i am picking Weir because they have a more balanced offense which Bluefield didn't face against us. Bluefield may pull it out but I think it will be Weir and Wayne in the state championship.

Bluefield averaged 42 points a game in the regular season and including the playoffs im sure it is up close to 45 or 46! So there is honestly no way that they will be held to 14 points! Bluefield has the passing game perfected and even if it does rain, look at the bright side, Bluefield has Perdue, D Steptoe, Q Steptoe running the ball! So I say Bluefield will put up there average again and win

Bluefield 42

Weir 24

Bluefield could play the ugliest playoff game in school history, I could care less, just as long they get the win. I'm not in much of a habit of giving numerical predictions when it comes to football games because anything can happen. That being said, I have talked to a few players and collectively, the team realizes who they're playing and what is at stake. More importantly, Wheeling '03 and the feelings associated with that are constantly in the back of their minds motivating them. It is for these reasons that I feel we will come out victorious on Saturday. Don't be fooled, though. This game will be tough and Weir will throw everything they have at us, don't be suprised if this one comes down to the very last play of the game.

beaverbaseball,

are you crazy...i hope you don't actually think that bluefield will beat weir that bad, b/c they are not going to beat them at all first of all....and i wish your bluefield baseball team would have got to the state tourney so the STATE CHAMPION red riders could have put bout 15-20 runs on you!!!

again....

Weir-24

Blufield-14

Bluefield-38

Weir-24

Bluefield CANNOT be limited to just 14 points (or some similar total) by ANY team in West Virginia, and Weir is not special in that regard. Bluefield's defense will step up...that team is HUNGRY, especially after what happened last year. What is worse, this team is a machine, that will roll right on through Wheeling with a state title in a couple of weeks.

Weir has like a 5 hour drive down here

so im guessing they'll leave friday..

and i think blufield remembering what happened last year against weir will step it up , i look for us to win by 14 or more, that just me though...but i dont think its going to be as close as everybody sais its going to be

i'm glad all you people think its going to be a blowout b/c it will be that much sweeter when the riders are headed back north to weirton on i77 thinking about going to wheeling island and you guys are still at mitchell stadium thinking, man that's three years in a row we haven't brought home the title!!!haha...weir will win this ball game!!!im glad you don't give them a chance, b/c noone did last year and remember what happened!!!

This doesn't really have anything to do with this but today i was approached by a member that helps out the Bluefield beaver football team and he was cussing at me because he said I was talking s*** on this website about Bluefield!

Which is BS! if anyone can find where i said anything wrong please tell me because i have the most support of the beavers than anyone does! But anyways he told me to stop making predictions on the games! Isn't that what half the people do on this website?? Atleast i thought they did

please Respond to this just to tell me what you all think about this!

Im not gonna release his name but trust me i hope he see's this because Its a bunch of BS, and he has no right to come up to me and start cussing at me for no reason

GO BEAVERS!!!!!!!!

listen beavercleaverbaseball,

i'll talk if i want to...how are you gonna try to tell me what i can and can't post...weir is going to win and i believe that so i'll post it...as for whoever cussed at you, you probably deserved it, and i can't speak for anyone else on here, but i personally don't care who cussed at you and i don't see why anyone else would either!!!

Weir-24

Bluefield-14

I would hold off on making these numerical predictions if I were all of you, both Bluefield and Weir fans alike. I spoke to someone who has watched the game film Bluefield received from Weir and I was told Weir basically has everything you could possess as a football team. I suspected this already and as I have said numerous times, Weir will match up well and is going to be a very formitable opponent. That being said, I think Bluefield has several key factors in their favor such as homefield advantage, a five hour drive for Weir, the experience from the last two years, and the fact that they know what to expect from Weir this year. If we come out and play our game, I feel Bluefield will win. Make no mistake about it though, this game will come down to the wire.

On a side note, I was also told that our good friends at the City of Bluefield didn't cover up the field and as we know, it has and is suppose to rain all week.

[ QUOTE ]

i'm glad all you people think its going to be a blowout b/c it will be that much sweeter when the riders are headed back north to weirton on i77 thinking about going to wheeling island and you guys are still at mitchell stadium thinking, man that's three years in a row we haven't brought home the title!!!haha...weir will win this ball game!!!im glad you don't give them a chance, b/c noone did last year and remember what happened!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well at least the Beavers got there the past two years more than I can say for your Red Riders. But keep talking here Weirfootball, ask those James Monroe fans what talking smack gets you when facing the Beavers, after all they will be sitting over there with you on Saturday.

The Beavers season could end this Saturday if they are not ready to play, but I honestly think that our young men will rise to the challenge and and you guys will have to buy a ticket to the Island to watch us win number 8 next Friday night.

They have rose to the challenge all year, and I full expect them to finish the job....12 down 2 more to go.