Bluefield vs. Weir - Projections and Discussion

Sources

I thought I would create a thread to condense all of the Bluefield/Weir discussion, basically an "official" thread of sorts.

On a side note, it appears we're going to get alot of rain this week and even some snow on Thursday. Projections show a 30% chance of rain on gameday.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Beavers definitely need to bring their "A" game this saturday against Weir. If the Beaver defense can contain Sperlazza (sp)?, and if the team as a whole can cut down on the penalties they should have no trouble handing them the loss. One thing is for sure... 118 yards in penalties in a play-off game CAN NOT happen from here on out. GOOD LUCK BEAVERS!!!

My projection for saturday :

Bluefield - 31

Weir - 20

well i think the weather may help slow down weir's passing attack. and something i didnt see on the news last night was pressue on weir's Qb. i think the pressure that the beavers D brings may give them some trouble with protection. also i dont think weir has seen the speed and discpline that the beavers bring. but one thing that was noted above we cant have the penalties that we had last week.

Bluefield 27

Weir 21

I say this is the best match-up for the 2004 AA Playoffs!

I think if Bluefield can control Weir's passing game and if Bluefield's defense keep doing a great job they will come away with a victory! But they need to watch the penalty's because 118 yards in penalty's will = a loss to Weir

But overall I think Weir will be able to control there game for the first half and the score at half be 14-10 Bluefield

Final Score

Bluefield-42

Weir-24

Having seen both Bluefield and Weir play this year. I've actually seen Bluefield twice, in my honest opinion I think Weir overall has the better team. That doesn't mean they are automatically going to beat Bluefield. The best team doesn't always win. I think Weir will be without a doubt the best team Bluefield has faced this year. As for Bluefield putting pressure on the QB, I'm sure they will but you better pray they get there or he will light you up like he did last year. He gets rid of the ball very quickly and has some of the best WR'S I have ever seen. Plus he is very mobile and will take off with it too. I feel like this will be the real championship game. Who ever wins this should have an easy time in Wheeling. We all know Shady can't match up with either one and I doubt if Wayne can either.The other bracket is very weak compared to this one. I can't wait till sat. it should be a great game.

Kevin if i were a betting man i would say u are from James Monroe. And i would even almost bet no one in Lindside will pick Bluefield to win. And bluefield rocks im not apologizing for the remarks i made toward you a couple of weeks ago and i hope there isnt too much bad blood between us. lol. i will attend the bluefield/weir game it will be a great one.

Weir has the second-best football squad in AA West Virginia football. However, they're running up against the first-ranked football squad in Bluefield, and the best team in West Virginia in my mind. Bluefield will bring the "A" game this week, and the game, although competitive, will be Bluefield's from start to finish.

Bluefield: 38

Weir: 21

[ QUOTE ]

they're running up against the first-ranked football squad in Bluefield, and the best team in West Virginia in my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would put them at #2 behind morgantown if it were played at a neutral location it would be one heck of a game.

I just got back and didn't get to see any of the games this weekend, nor did I take the time to read all of the posts on this thread. I believe I will be the first one to pick Weir though. Weir has a big line an awesome running back and QB. If the rain hurts anyone it will be Bluefield because they rely more on their passing game than does Weir. Weir has the line and the running back to grind it out on the ground in on a wet day.

Weir 35

Bluefield 24

they dont rely on the pass as much??? didnt they hang 8 (EIGHT) touchdowns through the air on your vaunted 'much improved" defense?? thanks for picking against us, im feelin better already

weir's line isn't huge, they have good size and are also very quick...sperlazza has thrown 11 tds in the last two playoff games...cooper is a tank at fullback and will stick anyone while on defense...crow is very quick and had 5 td grabs against jm....dawand smith is tall, has good speed, and excellent leaping ability...josh smith combines speed, power, and finesse very well at tailback

Weir-24

Bluefield-14

as for the person who asked about the indian creek and wheeling central games...

indian creek is a very solid ohio program...their record was 7-3, with a loss coming at the end of the season that should have never occurred...weir didnt come to play that day and indian creek did...their qb was excellent and they had very talented backs as well as a solid line...weir had a chance to tie it at the end of the game with a 2pt conversion but didnt convert...if this game was played at the end of the season, weir would have won!!!

as for the central game...weir got the shaft, plain and simple...the refs were horrible....i have never said that the refs cost a team the game, but i'm saying it now...they had it out for weir and you could tell...their were many questionable calls including a safety where sperlazza clearly threw a forward pass but the refs called it a lateral and when it got batted down and weir fell on it in the endzone, it was ruled a safety..central didnt score a td in the game, just two field goals and the safety...weir scored and then converted the 2 pt conversion attempt only to have it come back on a bogus holding penalty...and their was also a very questionable spot at the end of the game that would have made it first down for the riders, but instead was a turnover on downs and central ran the clock out.

not that any of this matters now b/c weir made the playoffs and records mean absolutely nothing now!!!

Welcome to the boards, WeirFootball.

I think the key for Weir is to open up the passing game. I honestly don't see them running on Bluefield more than any other team has this season. They're going to have to focus on establishing the play action to keep the linebackers and other Bluefield defenders out of the pocket.