Congratulations on a GREAT SEASON Richlands!!!

BigD4VT

Keep your chins up guys. This has been an AWESOME season. Only one team could win the game today. You played hard and you played well.

Seniors, Thank You for all the hard work and sacrifices you have made over the years. I have seen nearly every game you've played. I am proud to live in the same town as each and every one of you. I wish you success and happiness in whatever you choose to do after high school.

Underclassmen, Thank You as well. You have worked hard for your team and I know you will continue to work hard in the off season. Be proud of what you've done and build on it.

Coaches, I haven't always agreed with a lot of your strategies (hey, that's what fans are for)but I applaud your ability to get the most out of your players. They are well coached. They work hard and play hard. They are also fine young men. I have seen too many players come on this board and talk a lot of garbage, but your kids handle themselves with class.

Cheerleaders, Thanks for everything you do. The games would not be the same without you. When I asked you on this board to make a "NOISE sign I had no idea you would even see the message, but you did, and you used it in the very next game. Thank you.

Band, You are the best in the land. My nephew is in the band so I know you work as hard as anyone. I am very proud every time I see you perform.

Now that I've said all of that...go ahead and laugh if you think it's silly. I just felt I needed to thank you all for helping an old fat guy have fun every fall.

Well said BigD! Here was 1 old fat Warrior who was rooting for the Tornado to blow all the way to a state championship, but it sounds like the kids gave everything they had to try and win the game but just came up short. It has been a pleasure to watch the Richlands team play over the last 3 years in the playoffs, twice at the"Hole", once at Ernie Hicks and I must say I really like how your kids play the game. Whether ahead or behind these Richlands kids go full tilt all game long which is a trait alot of coaches wish they could instill in their teams. Congrats on a great year, and after awhile to reflect these kids will realize just how special this year was for them and the Richlands community. From Ridgeway, again congrats to a great team on a great season!!

BIG D another great post

First of all I would like to THANK Richlands for a great season. It was a great ride boys.I loved it just like I do all you players.

Second Thank you coaches for your commitment and time, you spend a lot of time. WE had a great season

Thank you band, Dr Mcvey for your years of support, Mark thank you

AND A SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL OF YOU PARENTS THAT WERE DOWN THERE AND MADE THIS DAY MEMORIABLE ONE AND HOW EVERY ONE JUMPED IN ALL WEEK AND HELPED WITH WHAT EVER NEEDED DONE

Richland Booster you made that happen today. THANK YOU all of you and i mean that. I wish the end result was better

Richlands community your a class act and you showed it this week.It didnt go our way but not all of them do. Theres not a man or player that feels as bad as I do. We need to lift our head up we had a hell of a ride. Look what we were predicted to do at the beginning of the season.LOOK WHAT WE DONE. Thanks again boy for the memories

Big D, i want you to know that everytime i get on the message board, i look forward to reading the posts you, cola, and TRUEBLUE have to say...i don't know if it means that much coming from a cheerleader but i just wanted you to know. smirk.gif

This has been the the best and most memorable football season of my high school career!! Our guys won 2 championship titles, and im just so proud to be a part of it.

Big D, i want to thank you, Cola, TRUEBLUE, and the other RHS posters, for the support you showed these guys all season. At the beginning of every week, we would sneak on the computers during 1st. period just to read what you guys had to say! and through the week, that was a major topic of conversation.

Thanks to Mr. Swartz for putting up with me this year. Your are awesome. To the band thanks for being there and helpin us out.

Thanks to the parents club for being there to help me when i didnt have any wink.gif. you all are a crazy bunch of mothers!!! lol laugh.gif and are awesome i love you.

Cheerleaders, i just want to say thank you for the friendships i have made over the last four years, this year especially. we have definently worked our butts off to help the school, the stadium, and ourselfs look good! Thanks to Ms. Bandy for letting us push the limits and do some things we have never done till this year, and i think we've had fun doing every bit!! i hope just cause the season is over, the friendships wont die. Girls its been a blast! I love all of yall!!!

Finally,to, "My Special Team" i want to say how proud of you i am. Yall have stayed focused and have accomplished so much this year! and you guys have a lot to be proud of. Even though u guys probably get mad at me at times for fussin, u better know its cause i love ya!! Thanks for the memories we've been able to make this year. Bowling, stringin tickets down the mall, 4 square in the parking lot, hangin out at the house doing absultly nothing, and all those Thurs. nights painting the field...and the tailgates, oh the tailgates!! wink.gif #22 is THe COOK!!! I know that a girl hangin around with a bunch of guys may "cramp your style", but thanks for letting me tag along, and i know we have many more memories to come!! RIFE'S RAIDERS is next!!!! You guys have to be the "bestest" friends a girl could have!!And I love yall very much! Ann

[ QUOTE ]

Big D, i want you to know that everytime i get on the message board, i look forward to reading the posts you, cola, and TRUEBLUE have to say...i don't know if it means that much coming from a cheerleader but i just wanted you to know.

[/ QUOTE ]

It means a lot coming from a cheerleader.

[ QUOTE ]

Big D, i want to thank you, Cola, TRUEBLUE, and the other RHS posters, for the support you showed these guys all season. At the beginning of every week, we would sneak on the computers during 1st. period just to read what you guys had to say! and through the week, that was a major topic of conversation.

[/ QUOTE ]

That reminds me that we all owe thanks to G-Man, Lance and Bluefield Rules for making this site the great place that it is.

BigD i am with them, you, lance, trueblue,Cola,and Primetime I look foward to seeing what you guys have posted evey day. From the storm warnings of cola to you telling it like it is i just wanted to thak you guys for making this football season fun to read.

TY

As a parent, a fan and friend, I have enjoyed this year as much as anyone. I will miss our seniors so much. I wasn't ready to quit yelling this season, I wanted it to go on as long as it could. Ill miss coming by practice and seeing Tater giving that glance, Biscuit smiling right before he nails someone. This year has been great and the STORM will rest for a lil while. But our younger players have learned from the best group of seniors that I have had the pleasure of knowing. This year will always be in my heart as one of the best I have had, on the field and away.

To the Parents of our Graduating Class, I thank you for sharing those special people you have raised.

Cola, aka-junior gayheart

P.S. My big mouth will be back next year and Ill keep everyone informed of The Storm.

Congrats to the Big Blues on a great season. Salem was the better team yesterday; however; if the Blues could have had something good happen(ie., fumble or int) it could have been a different ballgame. Salem's QB is the real deal and the ability to covert on third down was the key to the game. Richlands held their own and made the hometown crowd proud of thier effort. Hats off to players, coaches, and fans on a great season!!

P>S> Who are the Hokies going to play? <font color="blue"> </font>

I also want to join everyone on congratulating the boys on an awesome year. We may have not won state but we sure tried...and hey we do have two titles under our belt! Dont be down on yourselves! You all played your hearts out down on that field. This just wasnt our time for state. Seniors, I know it hurts for this to be the last game of your high school career...but you can look back later on in life and be able to say "yeah..i was on the team that made it that far.." Now you can look ahead to the rest of your senior year..graduation..then college..then who knows...maybe some will reach as far as the NFL?! Underclassmen..i know it was an upset to ya'll as well. I seen the tears fall as the everyone joined the team after the game. Dont be down..you all have next year to get ready for...and maybe this time we can bring the title of state champs home!!!!

Now..not to be dissin' on anyone here..but Im sure others can join me in saying how disappointed I was in the majority of the crowd. We werent even half way thru the 4th quarter and most of ya'll starting leaving. Whats the point in even coming to a football game when your just gona give up on the boys. Ya'll should have just save your 8 bucks and went to Mcdonalds or something. I cant even imagine how upset the boys felt when they looked up and seen people leaving. And another thing...that lil' crew of highschoolers that sits way up top behind the band *not the glad bag crew* made me sick! Yelling at the boys when we made a mistake is not even called for! They are the ones down on the field..not you. And if you think you know who to throw the ball to or which is the right way to run down the field let me ask all of you this....wheres your helmet and shoulder pads? Oh thats right..ya'll dont play so have some respect for the boys...they are the ones down there playing..not you.

One more thing...I know we have a good band...but what in the heck happened to ya'll?!?! You all just sat there like a knot on a log..lettings salems band outplay ya'll and even some parts of our crowd were louder than you. Our boys needed some cheering on out there yesterday...and thats the last thing ya'll showed..well unless we scored or had a good call. I just hope that when we do make it this far next year...you'll have more hot air in your heads to blow those little horns.

Great jobs this season boys! Hold your heads high! You made us proud and we couldnt have asked for more!!! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

We werent even half way thru the 4th quarter and most of ya'll starting leaving.

[/ QUOTE ]

To me, that's the difference between a true fan and just a spectator. I always stay until the end of every Grundy game, whether it is bitter or not. Anything can happen in the sport of football on any level. I think Bluefield/Weir proved that last week.

I'd like to say congratulations to Richlands on a terrific season. It's been real nice to see the camaraderie between everyone. But I got to be honest, I'll be looking forward to next year, for the one week we become adversaries again, lol. smirk.gif

thank you blues. i as a fan and a dad. to derrick as you all call him russ. as i watched you all play this year every game you laid you hearts on the field for your team, school,parents,fans. and town. i watched you grow together each week even from last year. and to lay you heart out on the field as you have. it means you were willing to take alot of chances and pains for alot of people. something that only a few would do. keep you heads up and walk like champions because you are. fans now it's time to move on support you other teams now. in what ever sport. rife's raiders i am looking forward to seeing you all again.

my favorite saying is winning is not everything but wanting to is. and i saw that want this year something i have not seen in a while angain thank. you and to you derrick if you read this. thank you most of all you have made me proud both on and off the field.

There was a group of parent I forgot to thank earlier. The Tunnell gang.No matter how cold or how wet your always there through all the challenges we had trhough out the year with it. THANK YOU Dave Stanton for the new tarp and having it lettered.How many times did we have it up and one of the rings would fall on us. One in paticular I remember Sharon and i was on one side of a ring (im gald I was on the side i was on) the ring snapped) the only thing that stopped it was my mouth it hurt at the time I can laugh now.The mothers bringhing there baloons, trying to stay out of the way of being trampled. I wont mention her name the fogger about to steam one of the mothers tail(Becky)oops. There was a great bondage between that small group.Thank you for the memories there. Dave we wont talk about the rat that already eating our new tarp up will get it fixed. Thank You again all of you.

well i am a jr at rhs and i played ball...loved it.. there is so much that i could say to the team but ill have next year to say to them so seniors its all you...you guys made me more of a man then i have ever been. thank you for being there for me everytime i needed you all. my fav on the team was travis tatum(jack) he showed me how much of a friend he could really be. i am friends with everyone of you all on the team but no one has been there for me like him.. thank you all for a great season and showing me what a little bit of work can get you. brandon

BIG D ENJOYED YOUR POSTS THE LAST 2 WEEKS!

TO THE RICHLANDS FOOTBALL TEAM:

*BOYS KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AS YOU ALL HAD A HELLUVA SEASON. YOU ALL ARE WINNERS. THE REDNECK-NATION & MYSELF HAVE ENJOYED WATCHING YOU BOYS PLAY W/ CLASS, INTENSITY, & FIRE ALL SEASON LONG!

*TO THE SENIORS ENJOYED WATCHING YOU MAKE RICHLANDS A POWER ONCE AGAIN IN FOOTBALL! BEST OF LUCK TO YOU GUYS!

* TO THE FUTURE OPPONENTS VS RICHLANDS FOOTBALL

"WATCH OUT THE STORM IS COMING"

"BIG BLUE FAN"