Why dosent Hurley and Grundy play?

WaveFan09

It hurts both teams. What does Grundy have to prove by playing Hurley? They don't gain many points from the game, could lose valuable players from injuries etc. Hurley benefits from not playing Grundy, and playing a team more on their level(I am not trying to be a dick) i.e. Unaka, Tug Valley, teams like that. Hurley also benefits from chance of not got getting injured. In the end it is better for these two teams not to play, the same with Twin Valley.

Well for football we cant compete but with basketball Hurley pounded u all so maybe grundy dont want none in baseball or basketball. Grundy keep living the dream u all are over rated...

Wow!!!! Hurley beats Grundy how bout that

is grundy a baseball town? NO, is grundy a basketball town? NO, my friend Grundy is a FOOTBALL and WRESTLING town yall dont even have a wrestling program and were 15x va AA state champs and countless SWD winners or either runner ups!!

Grundy is a joke in basketball and baseball...as for football, Hurley just doesn't have enough kids to compete on the same level as Grundy, if they did it would be a close game between the two if nothing other than rivalry.

We've already talked about Grundy's baskteball problems in the other forum...until they get a real coach they won't do anything...maybe with the last couple of games, people might start to see that.

As for you Hurley people who are talking trash here...keep kidding yourself.

I dont think grundy has anything to be ashamed of, Grundy has accomplished as much or more than any other high school. Hurley doesnt have a dog in this fight, they have to go all over 3 states to find teams in football that suck just as bad as they do just to have couple of wins. So for all you hurley folk dont get on here talking trash about Grundys football team, if you wanna talk about basketball, or wrestling, there is other forums for that.

Ok Im from hurley and im a big fan ... But ppl from hurley needs to shut up the trash talking about grundy yea we did beat grundy but that was yesterday .. move on we got more than one game this season and why somebody from grundy want to talk about hurley's football team god grow up EVERYBODY ppl from Hurley and Grundy . nobody is better than anyone else but just cuz we played a Damn game and hurley beat grundy u gotta bring up football i aint gonna lie grundy wold woop the SH!T out of hurley but grundy take the L and hurley SHUT Your mouth and play basketball .... and as for Tigh your in high school and u play basketball shut the hell up and leave the posting to the fans !!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck To Hurley And Grundy

Gotta long season to go !!!!!!!

AND EVERYBODY SHUT THE CRYING UP AND PLAY BALL!!!

Hey Big Wave you need to quit running your mouth about football and playing kentucky teams. If you dont remember grundy played three of the worse teams in Kentucky. Thats why Richlands whipped there A?? You all played Paintsville and East ridge beat that bunch. So quit running your mouth and go over and play Gate city , powell valley or if you want to go to kentucky, go play Belfry or pikeville, or prestonsburg. Because if im not mistaken you are probably a coach so you know what im talking about. Those 3 teams could beat anybody in SWVA. Oh yeah i forgot that would hurt Grundy in points. YEAH RIGHT!

I guess i agree because they would make you look real bad. So qit talking about hurley playing shitty schools because thats what grundy is doing. For all you Hurley people qiut talking smack about beating grundy. Have some class and act like you have won a game before.

does 155-0 mean anything to you? that was the scores for the last three years grundy and hurley played. in fact they get more points losing to richlands than they get from a 5-5 hurley team. get over it. when they consolidate hurley into grundy then you will experience what winning is like. or better yet when grundy joins the bdd and hands you your ass every year.

[ QUOTE ]

. or better yet when grundy joins the bdd

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a scary thing to ponder... shocked.gif

*and for the record, I love to see Hurley schedule those same 3 KY teams next year and see how you do against them...lol.

[ QUOTE ]

If East Ridge beat Paintsville (as was said above), Hurley could prolly beat them too.

Just saying...

[/ QUOTE ]

Paintsville KY - 04 schedule results:

Raceland 34 - 14 (W)

Allen Central 74 - 20 (W)

Jenkins 64 - 16 (W)

Fleming-Neon 58 - 6 (W)

Grundy, VA 6 - 62 (L)

Phelps 16 - 6 (W)

Johnson Central 6 - 48 (L)

Open

Hazard 29 - 22 (W)

South Floyd 16 - 26 (L)

Pikeville 15 - 50 (L)

Harlan 26 - 50 (L) State Tournament

hmm...let's see...nope...no east ridge on that schedule...but they lost to:

Grundy (9-2)(Playoff team)

Johnson Central (7-3) (AAAA)

Pikeville (11-3) (Playoff Team - Lost in State Semi's)

South Floyd (8-3) (Playoff Team)

Harlan (9-3) (Playoff Team)

While we are at it lets look at -

Shelby Valley - 04 Shcedule results:

Pike County Central 38 - 44 (L)

Pineville 23 - 7 (W)

Grundy, VA 6 - 62 (L)

Lawrence County 19 - 38 (L)

East Ridge 38 - 12 (W)

Whitesburg 22 - 21 (W)

Sheldon Clark 36 - 26 (W)

Magoffin County 40 - 12 (W)

Prestonsburg 12 - 62 (L)

Belfry 18 - 55 (L)

Breathitt County 6 - 63 (L) State Tournament

Ah! Here we have a team that played East Ridge! They won 38-12 and hurley barely beat East Ridge 24-18...hmmm...let's look deeper at how they ended up 5-6...I'm bored.

Lost to:

Grundy (9-2) (Playoff Team)

Breathitt County (11-1)(Playoff Team - the same team that beat our beloved Powell Valley 27-14 this year)

Belfry (14-1) (KY AA STATE CHAMPIONS)

Prestonsburg (10-3) (Playoff Team - beaten by Belfry in State Tourney Semi's)

Lawrence County (3-8)(AAA)

Pike County Central (5-6) (Playoff Team - lost in first round to Middlesboro - who went on to lose to...you guessed it..Belfry.)

I'm not even about to argue Sheldon Clark who went (2-8) and yes they did lose to East Ridge 28-29...so maybe Hurley might beat them?

Side Note: *how many Highlands District teams won 3 games this year?

So...overall, let's look at these "sorry" KY teams Grundy plays...let's consider the people they played and lost to and their records...note a couple of (AAA and AAAA teams in there also).

So...I still say these teams are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be, I still say any of them could make a run at winning the Highlands...and I still say Hurley couldn't beat any of them...I have posted my reasoning for saying this...now if any of you would like to argue, please...feel free to post what you are backing your argument up with and reply. grin.gif

Yeah...it only takes about 5 min to prove a point when people like you guys from Hurley are shooting your mouths off without anything to back it up...so I can always make time for that...and as the song goes...I've got 99 problems...but... grin.gif

Hurley doesn't talk anymore smack than anyone else on this message board...

Hurley has their bad seeds just like Grundy, Richlands, Graham, Twin Valley, Bluefield, Hayis, Honaker... and the list goes on...

go back and re-read the entire thread here and you can see who I am directly talking to...of course the entire town of Hurley is not included in what I'm saying...but to those who are talking trash...how about posting something to back up your BS for a change? I have no problem doing that...anyone can talk a bunch of nonsense, but try posting something to support your argument once in a while? You know why you don't? Because you are all mostly full of $hit and can't...you just say stuff like "East Ridge beat Paintsville" which they didn't even play...I mean come on...take a min and actually look up something before you open your mouth and show everyone you are a total moron. I mean really...just go back and read some of the stupid stuff that has been said in this one thread...and it's just as bad in the basketball forum.

It's fun to talk about all this stuff and that is what this place is for, but at least post some semi-accurate info along the way.

Shewwww that was rough... didnt mean to upset you like that... I'm sorry big guy...

I always thought this was a fun message board for people to talk a little smack towards one another. I guess if anyone posts on here they had better go back and look up all the stats, schedules, and results (spend 3 hours of their time) before they post... You know, just to keep everyone honest.