Football game today..

Lance

Thanks to everyone who came out! We had a great bunch of guys out today and I hope everyone had a lot of fun...no one got hurt, no fights, just a lot of laughing and good football.

Thanks to everyone who showed up and we have all agreed to do it again soon!

I ended up poppin' my hammy in the second game and had to sit out the rest of the way, but luckily Gravy showed up and the teams stayed even...lol.

You guys that didn't show up better make the next one...you missed out on a good game featuring current players Thad Wells, Garon Marcum, Aaron Marcum, Colby Owens, Biscuit & Gravy, Mark Vandyke and ex-Wave WR Greg Clevinger all on the same field as well as all the old guys (including the entire Grundy Bleacher Bum Film Crew)...lol

It was pretty cool to see everyone playing together and getting along so well...you guys all have a lot of class.

Thanks you all for taking the time to come out and play a little football on probably the last nice day of the year 2004.

grin.gif

Man was that not a lot of fun. We all had a great time and I cant wait to get out there and do it again. Thanks to Lance for getting it all together. Better start rehabing that hammy. grin.gif

Great day of football.

It was my pleasure man...thanks to Todd for helping get the whole field thing straight with SVCC so we could play out there...a little slick but a nice field none the less. You are a pretty good QB man...I was impressed.

Thanks to everyone that came out! That was the most fun I've had in a while. Both teams were pretty even, and the games were very competitive. Biscuit was tossin TD's all game, and so was Colby. Lance was a QB until he went down with an Emmit Smith injury, lol. Todd was who I was most impressed with. For an old guy, he had pretty good moves! lol. All in all though, it was great fun and I hope to play again soon!

So anyone up for 7's style Rugby in the spring? We are trying to get enough. Maybe then this ole Prop can get out there and run aroudn a little bit and get my legs back,I got off work at 4 was ya'll still playing around then I had my Cleats in the car and my sweats in my locker I'm sure this 6'3 280lber coulda had at least one TD smirk.gif

Well the next time I'm definitely not wearing those old army fatigues, they kept falling off my ass all day, lol. And I didn't realize how bad of shape I let myself get into until I got out there huffing up the field, but hey I tried. You can't take a lineman body and try to make him a WR or DB, lol. It was a fun day though and I hope we all do it again come Spring.

It was good to meet you Richlands guys today. We had a good showcase of talent from both the Grundy and Richlands squads today. I had a great time, and you guys that didn't show up for this one, better be there for the next one!

*walks off to find his Flex-all 454* smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

You are a pretty good QB man...I was impressed.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding! He made some nice passes! I'm used to seeing Wells throw to Keene...not the other way around like today.

Are you guys sure Keene didn't QB in JV any? lol..Colby did a great job at QB too, it was hard to stop the 3 Marcums, Dman, Gayheart and Colby today! Who had the most touchdown grabs? Wells, Primetime, or Greg?

I am sorry that anyone missed this game. For me it was a chance to see some of the best athletes from Grundy and Richlands but what was even better was to see how they all came together and everyone just had a great time. We had six on six two hand touch. We started at 1 and ended right at 4. For those who dont think that 3 hours is much they should be me right now. Even the in shape football players found themselves tired and winded.

I think it was a great experience for everyone. I know that my brothers and I didnt know any of Richlands players and throughout the game everyone formed a friendship with one another. I might mispell some names here but Keene is a great qb and didnt even play the position so that shows you he was a great athlete, thad wells could fly and catch well, todd you still got it, and the young guy the one that came from bigd4vt did an excellent job, Gaeheart, I dont know if he plays wide receiver but he most certainly should next year because he is so tall and has great hands. So in a nutshell those Richlands guys were great athletes and really nice guys.

The Grundy guys did well. Even us old grads somehow mustered enough energy to finish both games. Garon caught the ball and would fly to scores, as usual. Aaron, Colby, Mark, Dan, Lance, Clevinger all did great jobs. Colby finally got the chance to show off that cannon of an arm I have been talking about for three years just a shame he never got to use it in a real game. Ah he can use it to qb us again soon.

For everyone that didnt come please try to do so next time. For those who did come make sure ya come back. We will do it again at least within one month. If more people come we could have two six on six games dividing the field and the winner of the two teams playing to be champion. We will figure something out. Great game guys, and you all are classy young men.

Couldnt give one mvp or two but I will just say Garon and Wells did great. When both touched the ball it was off to the races.

See ya again soon guys. I gotta go heal up now get ready for the next game. lol.

Yeah overall there were about 16 people on and off the field...it was a lot of fun...basically played 50 yards...could easily have 2 games going at once. We will probably do it again in late Feb. or early March...just whenever it starts to warm up a little...maybe we can get 3 or 4 of these going every year...it was sure a lot of fun.

Hey guys, I posted in the other thread, but I'll post here too. It was really great meeting the guys from Grundy, you all are class acts and great ball players. I just wished I was a little younger, I may have been able to keep up with some of you. It's not fun finding out just how old you really are, but I had a great time. Thad and Jeremy, I enjoyed playing with you guys as well. Can't wait until next time....off to sit my aching bones in the recliner....

already talked to BigD about the pics...as soon as he gets them he is sending them over and I'll try to get with Gman and do a story on the main page...have a couple of ideas for that smile.gif