hardest high school stadium to play at in SWVA ?

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Now Shelton lol. Or whoever it may be. Dont get your panties in a bunch lol... Im just kidding your right I should have stuck to the subject myself... My mistake.

Ok I will type slower for you this time since you can't read what I said correctly:

[ QUOTE ]

And yes he was dogging hurley and their fans. He said the only thing that was tough about playing at hurley was their rednck fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is what I said...notice the "and the ignorant redneck fans that had to throw stuff at the players and coaches and cuss you when you beat Hurley" part...and yes that went on and might still go on from what I hear...doesn't happen at Grundy,Graham,Richlands, or Tazewell??? How else do you describe moron fans that do such things? sorry if that pisses you off, but don't try to act like "THE CLIFF" is something special, THAT is the only reason anyone dreads playing at Hurley...not the CLIFF.

[ QUOTE ]

The only thing I dreaded about going to Hurley to play "back in the day" was the drive over there and the ignorant redneck fans that had to throw stuff at the players and coaches and cuss you when you beat Hurley...it was worse if the game was close...back then you could expect to have to have a cop to get you out of there...but the cops wouldn't even go to Hurley...lol.

Not saying "all" people from Hurley are like that, but there were a few that gave the place a bad name. I guess every place has them...just seemed like the worst was Hurley around here back at that time.

As far as the Cliff itself goes as a field, I didn't think it was a bad place to play...pretty unique surrounding...kinda has a "Green Monster" type of flavor to it...I thought it was pretty cool. Back then Grundy's field was horrible to play on, it was mostly rock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then there is this part: "Not saying "all" people from Hurley are like that, but there were a few that gave the place a bad name. I guess every place has them...just seemed like the worst was Hurley around here back at that time."

What don't you understand about that? I clearly said not "all" people from hurley are like that...can't say it any better I don't think...so I'm not putting anyone down or dogging Hurley and their fans...that stuff I said did go on and everyone that played there at the time knows it, so there is nothing to argue about and if saying that pisses you off then tuff...it's just the truth, not something I am making up to piss people from Hurley off or whatever.

Only time I can ever remember people being rednecky(Do you like that word) was in 1986. We beat Richlands 9-6 and they slashed the bus tires out behind the middle school where we were parked. Had to ride home with the band. Also that same year we beat Graham 26-10 and some guy bashed a woman in the head with a stadium seat at mitchell stadium parking lot after the game.

wow...never had any problems at Tazewell, Graham, Richlands, or Lebanon...saw a huge fight break out at Giles one time but that didn't involve any visiting people from what I remember.

A fight broke out at Grundy this year during one of the last couple of games...might have been the first Va High game...I think it was 2 girls and ended up with about 3 or 4 people going at it, but that was on the home side...was kinda funny because the game was going on and all the refs and players were watching the fight during the game...so every place has some crazy stuff that goes on for sure.

Now Childress lol ... We cant have any name callin on here cuz we have no clue who rebelman44 is lol i dont get much time anymore havent posted in along time ....

Shelton ...

Let's Get It Started !!!

Just a little reminder here bud.... do you remember the 95' state semi final game between Grundy and Amherst? If you're gonna dog fans for being redneck you have to mention that as well.

They should have kept the old Clinch Valley District. Honaker, Lebanon, Castlewood. St. Paul, Twin Springs, Pocahontas, Whitewood, Garden, Hurley, Council, and Haysi. Always heard that was a good district!

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Hey now grundy did paint trucks a few years ago back in the mid 90's lol.

is that the same time in the 90's when hurley would steal the tail gates from trucks that were parked at the game? or was that the same time when they spray painted the fieldhouse with hurley rules? ( the dumb ass that did it dropped his billfold and left it at the scene of the crime.)

Bottom line is every school in SWVA has their good years, bad years, redneck fans, pranks towards their rival school, etc... etc... Lance is a hardcore Grundy fan so obviously he will look down on other schools. I'm a Grundy guy myself, love the coaches, love the school, but I'm not biased towards other schools in this area. I dont know why Grundy guys are posting crap about Hurley anyway considering most date a gal from Hurley or vise versa...

We all live in Buchanan County, no area is better than the other area it's all about how that area is represented. Yes Hurley does have a bad reputation, but that was in the past, let it go and move on.

I'm not looking down on anyone...I was referring to a time a few years back, probably before some of you were even in elementary school..early - mid 80's which is what we were discussing in regards to Hurley...maybe you Hurley guys don't realize it or want to admit it...I was just being honest about what the atmosphere was back then and I'll say it again...yes every place in the USA has some of those type fans that have to show their ass more so than others...and i'll say it again...I did not say "everyone" from Hurley was included...but it does apply to a select few..and believe it or not, The Cliff wasn't the reason everyone dreaded playing at Hurley...i don't know where that myth ever came from...it intimidates no one...people dreaded going to Hurley because it was a near riot after most games...like it or not that is the truth.

And once again...I have nothing against Hurley...nothing...at all...so stop trying to make it sound like I do...my dad played football for Hurley back in the day...I have no reason to "hate" Hurley...lol..get the pic? You guys are taking what I have said far out of context.