10-11 season

HURleyftbll343

the bdd will be won by hurley unless coach colley comes in off the football field to draw up some plays in the gym, then they tigers might surprise some people, idk if they have the athletes to do that, not sure what they got back...not sure what honaker has back? and council and twin valley will battle for last place id say, council may be competitive with haysi or honaker, idk....

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GW always runs the hogo, but I believe this is the year for any other team to get it. The hogo is weak as ever. Im not sold on GW or Chi lookout for RR & PH to surprise some people. RR has solid guys and PH is as athletic as ever.

People don't realize that the JV team pushed the Varsity team to the limit when they had a few of scrimmages in practice. GW JV might have been the second best team in the Hogo last year.

GPG44... here is what I can tell you about Galax having coached 4 of their starters during AAU... They are awesome... Justin Hash will beat you shooting or driving, Deion George is a beast inside and out... they both averaged 18 last year. They have a new kid (new to varsity) named Lawrence Parsons that hit is cheek on the rim during practice and had 14 blocks in one game during a tournament in Roanoke. The kid can flat out get up! Devonte McKinney is the other Galax kid that played with us and he is a scrappy kid that can play with much bigger kids inside.

With Mac Martin from Carroll (now 6'5) and those kids from Galax, we won 4 out of 5 tournaments this year including Boone's Roundball Classic and the VA Commonwealth games, where we beat Martinsville's HS team in the championship. We even beat the state champs from James River and held the state 1A player of the year to 2 points. We only lost 2 games all AAU season... one was to NRV elite (we only had 5 players due to injuries in an earlier game and we lost 98-97 to a combo team of 3A William Flemming, 3A Patrick Henry (Roanoke) and 2A Northside. We were up by one with 20 seconds left and Deion had a breakaway layup and after the ball went in he got called for a charge and with 3 seconds left... they took it coast to coast and ran over one of our players and hit a shot at the buzzer... it was BS and everyone in that gym knew that we just beat the #1 18u team in the state.

Galax will win the MED and Carroll will surprise some folks in the SWD this year... I think Graham is the team to beat as of now in the SWD. Richlands lost too much to be a factor. Not sure about Abingdon as it is really hard for me to keep up with them.

Galax is pretty good. We scrimmaged them last season near the start of the playoffs and beat them soundly. You won't stop Hash, but you can contain him. I played with him on the AAU circuit and the kid can flat out play. George is an athlete playing center/power forward IMO. The kid that can jump has no basketball experience, but is an amazing post presence. #3 was pretty good too and with Brown leading the troops, they are a real threat.

GPG44... here is what I can tell you about Galax having coached 4 of their starters during AAU... They are awesome... Justin Hash will beat you shooting or driving, Deion George is a beast inside and out... they both averaged 18 last year. They have a new kid (new to varsity) named Lawrence Parsons that hit is cheek on the rim during practice and had 14 blocks in one game during a tournament in Roanoke. The kid can flat out get up! Devonte McKinney is the other Galax kid that played with us and he is a scrappy kid that can play with much bigger kids inside.

With Mac Martin from Carroll (now 6'5) and those kids from Galax, we won 4 out of 5 tournaments this year including Boone's Roundball Classic and the VA Commonwealth games, where we beat Martinsville's HS team in the championship. We even beat the state champs from James River and held the state 1A player of the year to 2 points. We only lost 2 games all AAU season... one was to NRV elite (we only had 5 players due to injuries in an earlier game and we lost 98-97 to a combo team of 3A William Flemming, 3A Patrick Henry (Roanoke) and 2A Northside. We were up by one with 20 seconds left and Deion had a breakaway layup and after the ball went in he got called for a charge and with 3 seconds left... they took it coast to coast and ran over one of our players and hit a shot at the buzzer... it was BS and everyone in that gym knew that we just beat the #1 18u team in the state.

Galax will win the MED and Carroll will surprise some folks in the SWD this year... I think Graham is the team to beat as of now in the SWD. Richlands lost too much to be a factor. Not sure about Abingdon as it is really hard for me to keep up with them.

Wow thanks that helps a lot!!! I appreciate you taking the time for the detailed write up! We played some kind of galax team in a tourney down at castlewood I believe! Did they maybe play on two aau teams? They haf one player dunked on us but we only lost by a few!

If it was early in the year... that would have been the jrs and sophs.

I also forgot to answer you about Grayson... 3 names to know... Mikey Rodgers, his dad is the girls coach at Oak Hill... he lives there and gets to hang out around one of the best programs in the country. He is quick as lightning and can shoot from anywhere inside half court.

Eric Harvey, is the best player on Grayson's team. Can play in and out can dunk on you from any angle very quiet and a great crunch time guy. Both he and Mikey played with us some this year and I'd let them play any time they wanted... great kids.

The third name to know is Tyler Rutherford. He is the pg and depending on what mood he is in he could drop 40 on you or he could throw the ball away 10 times... when his head is in it he is a great player... when he is not... let's just say that you don't know what you may get. He's a good kid, but I think baseball is his game of choice. He has not played AAU in years (because of baseball). He is a great athlete and his athletic ability keeps him up to par with most bball players in the area.

One of the best games I watched last year was Grayson at Galax. Grayson won, but it was one of those standing room only, who ever has the ball last may win type of games. Galax beat Grayson away...

Hope that helps!

Wow thanks that helps a lot!!! I appreciate you taking the time for the detailed write up! We played some kind of galax team in a tourney down at castlewood I believe! Did they maybe play on two aau teams? They haf one player dunked on us but we only lost by a few!

Graham, a team to beat in a sport??? Am I really this tired or did I miss something with Graham bball?

The two transfers are from Ohio (Cincinnati). They should definitely help. One is a JR and the other a Soph.

The older one played AAU with us this summer and is clicking pretty well with the others. They younger one plays football too and is a corner for CC. He has had his bball limited because of football. Once football is over he will step in and help immediately. Especially on D as he is SUPER quick.

I heard they got two transfers? Maybe twins??? i might be mistaken though

The CMD could be an all out race this year...GC and LEE will be strong...JB will be better but not sure where they go with new coach...Lebanon has some great talent in Brown and the younger Cobb...How Lambert uses them depends on how far they go...As for VHS they have the ability to shock some people...2 transfers one can flat out shoot and the other may be the best post player in the CMD...Rasnake could have his hands full trying to get everyone PT...I know the freshman bunch was unreal last year going undefeated...Don't know if any will be moved up or not...November 15th is around the corner and it will all start unfolding

The two transfers are from Ohio (Cincinnati). They should definitely help. One is a JR and the other a Soph.

The older one played AAU with us this summer and is clicking pretty well with the others. They younger one plays football too and is a corner for CC. He has had his bball limited because of football. Once football is over he will step in and help immediately. Especially on D as he is SUPER quick.

The kid I've heard about was Tyler Lineberry? 6'5 195 lbs Soph. Inside & out threat.

Tyler is 6'6 now. He will be a post player for Carroll. He and Mac went to a couple of Prep All Stars camps together. He will be a factor inside for the Cavs this year for sure. He is still growing so the SWD will have to watch out for him for a few years to come.

Our Sophomore class should be our biggest presence on varsity. Carroll is very young this year as we may only have 2 Srs and 1 Jr.

Havent heard about him? Give us the details Evo please???