Richlands @ Wilson Memorial (2A Semis)

V-Cats

Someone on the VP site said the visitors side only seated 500 as Ryan noted...poster said for the remaining visitors to bring chairs and sit on the track.

They need to bring bleachers in as the town of Richlands has done when we have hosted to meet the requirements of the VHSL. How many other fans will also be there not from Wilson or Richlands to see this game...hope this issue is addressed.

(Weather permitting I plan on making the drive in for this game)

Per VHSL requirements for minimum seating at hosting sites for semi-finals in football...

FOOTBALL

Seating Minimums

Div. 2

A. FIELD REQUIREMENTS

In order to host a VHSL State football game (semi-final or final), the school/facility must be able to provide a

properly marked, well maintained football field that meets all requirements and recommendations as

specified in the current NFHS Football Rules Book.

3. Seating

a. Permanent or portable bleacher seating to accommodate anticipated attendance (see chart)

b. Seating arranged such that fans from opposing schools may be seated on opposite sides of

the field

c. Accessible (ADA compliant)

Page 18 of 33

http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/facilities-requirements-for-championship-events1.pdf

Someone on the VP site said the visitors side only seated 500 as Ryan noted...poster said for the remaining visitors to bring chairs and sit on the track.

They need to bring bleachers in as the town of Richlands has done when we have hosted to meet the requirements of the VHSL. How many other fans will also be there not from Wilson or Richlands to see this game...hope this issue is addressed.

(Weather permitting I plan on making the drive in for this game)

Per VHSL requirements for minimum seating at hosting sites for semi-finals in football...

FOOTBALL

Seating Minimums

Div. 2

A. FIELD REQUIREMENTS

In order to host a VHSL State football game (semi-final or final), the school/facility must be able to provide a

properly marked, well maintained football field that meets all requirements and recommendations as

specified in the current NFHS Football Rules Book.

3. Seating

a. Permanent or portable bleacher seating to accommodate anticipated attendance (see chart)

b. Seating arranged such that fans from opposing schools may be seated on opposite sides of

the field

c. Accessible (ADA compliant)

Page 18 of 33

http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/facilities-requirements-for-championship-events1.pdf

So they have to have 2500. Hmmmmmmmmm…..

Allen Gregoryâ€@Greg_BHCSports2 hrs2 hours agoThe Hammocks, FL

Wilson Memorial quarterback Mack Cullen (6-4, 201) has verbally committed to James Madison. Interesting match with River Michaels #hcfh

Tim Hayesâ€@Hayes_BHCSports2 hrs2 hours ago

Wilson Memorial's Savant Swift is younger brother of Connery Swift, who played one season at UVa-Wise: http://www.newsleader.com/story/sports/high-school/2014/10/15/swift-brothers-success/17337991/ … #VHSL #HCFH

Tim Hayesâ€@Hayes_BHCSports3 hrs3 hours ago

Richlands is the lowest-seeded team (6th) still alive in any classification. #VHSL #HCFH

great state

Probably somewhere on the I-81 corridor, maybe a Roanoke-area school

Being that its close to the 2500 seating i doubt they change IMO... if they did i doubt it would be a Roanoke area school .... that would make the host school travel like 2 hrs South...

WCYB is the TV station...and I don't know if they really consider Richlands in their viewing area. GC, Marion and Union along with Honaker and Haysi must be considered part of their viewing area.

Hayes and Gregory work for the Bristol Herald Courier...and they along with Sacco, I think, have been very fair with their reporting/stories on Richlands.  I see them posting tweets on great state a lot about the Blues, I just don't post everything they tweet.

Also, I think the BDT and Woodson have given us a fairshare of favorable storylines.

Besides, we Richlands fans have more important things to focus on ...polls/media rankings means nothing at this juncture...GO BLUES !!!