Bluefield and Grundy agree to game, not official

Bluefield_Rules

Nothing has been signed, but an agreement was reached. Again though, it isn't official until the contract is signed as for the rest of Bluefield's schedule here is what Fred Persinger told me:

Hey BR,

These teams are locked in for next year:

Graham

Princeton

Oak Hill

Shady Spring

Mount View

Herbert Hoover

James Monroe

They have an agreement with Grundy but nothing has been signed yet....No other southern teams in AA will play them....Westside,Independence,Wyoming East,Iaeger,Pikeview,Liberty

have said no....Parkersburg South has called and wants a game at South but no word yet if Bluefeld will play them....It could be that Bluefield will only have eight games next year.

Well, I don't know about now, but in the past Bluefield has wanted a two year hitch with BOTH games AT Bluefield, and Grundy wanted one home and one away...which is why they have not played...I guess as the season draws closer and there are open dates left, the story changes.

I think it's a great idea for Grundy and Bluefield to play...the only bad thing is I think Bluefield counts as a Division II game for Grundy, which that doesn't help them any in the playoff picture as far as points.

[ QUOTE ]

I think it's a great idea for Grundy and Bluefield to play...the only bad thing is I think Bluefield counts as a Division II game for Grundy, which that doesn't help them any in the playoff picture as far as points.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be suprised...Bluefield will win 7 or 8 games giving you at least 9 pts if you lose and at least 26 points if you beat them. Besides its better than playing those weak Highlands teams that win maybe 2 or 3 games and only give you 19 or 20 points.

it is called playing who the school board mandated grundy to play. hurley and garden could not find games and grundy is always looking. the school board, mainly the member from hurley said grundy had to play hurley.

Like Cotton said, it would have been a real interesting matchup that would have gone down to the wire a couple of years ago without a doubt. I still think it will be a good game this year though.

As far as playing those "weak Highlands District" teams, unfortunately Grundy has the same problems with scheduling as Bluefield. Basically you have to take what you can get, but every team would ultimately like to have at least a couple of quality non-district games. Like olewave said Grundy is always looking, and if Bluefield is looking too, let's go ahead and get this matchup finalized.

None from other area schools yet. It'll probably be the beginning of the new semester or over the summer before we hear for sure on that front. We do, however, have a new super quick kid from Philly that's playing basketball right now and should play football next fall by the name of Maurice Jordan.

does Graham have first dibs on your rejects as usual or are they going to do a draft for the rest of the SWD to have a shot...lol.

j/k don't start a Beaver riot or anything...lol grin.gif

Bluefield grundy is a good game to schedule.

As for parkersburg south, from the post on tri state preps, in my opinion bluefield shouldn't hesitate to schedule them, even if it's only for 1 game there.

If they're going to schedule the top aaa programs, then they should schedule them also when they're rebuidling or inexperienced. The thing is that's big game experience, and it would prepare them well for the playoffs for that season God willing they earn the playoffs, and it's big game experience that will remain with that group of players for the duration they lay at bluefield.

Anytime you have the opportunity to schedule a big time game that the team and fans can especially look forward to in a season it should be scheduled.

Hope all is well with everyone. God bless, and God bless america.!