Tazewell was cheated against VA High!!!!!

THS_BBall24

Tazewell played a hard contest with VA High tonight but were cheated out of a chance of victory by the referees. The refs would have done anything to make Tazewell lose to begin with and they got their chance. Its pretty sad when one of the refs turns around and flips off the Tazewell fans while he's running down the court. He had enough time to flip people off but couldn't see anything on the floor. Tazewell has a great shot of winning the South West District but with stupid officials like tonight, then its going to be a long shot!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Tazewell played a hard contest with VA High tonight but were cheated out of a chance of victory by the referees. The refs would have done anything to make Tazewell lose to begin with and they got their chance. Its pretty sad when one of the refs turns around and flips off the Tazewell fans while he's running down the court. He had enough time to flip people off but couldn't see anything on the floor. Tazewell has a great shot of winning the South West District but with stupid officials like tonight, then its going to be a long shot!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

See most of the time blaming the refs is just a excuse, but sometimes it really is the refs fault. And this sounds like one of those times.

I think refs from a different district should ref these games because everyone can see how tight the race is gonna be.

This wasn't even a SWD game so how can that effect the outcome of the district. Blaming the refs only takes the blame from yourself. I'm almost positive (and I wasn't there) that THS missed some free throws during the game. If you would have made 1 or 2 free throws it wouldn't have come to this. Also it seems that your best player was shut down. Did the refs have something to do with this or was it the VHS defense?

58-55 last tenth of a sec shot to win in OT. Well I dont like saying or blaming the refs cause like said its just an excuse. We were up like 18 and let them back in it starting with turnovers but if we would have put it away it wouldnt have been up to the refs for a close game but ole well. crazy.gifI did hear from our coach that 1 ref did flip the bench off-with the middle finger and might be in a lot of trouble. Now what in the world is that kind of ref doing out there!

yea tazewell was cheated by the refs. and having refs that flip off the tazewell fans going down the court and leaving the court is just wrong and i hope he should get in a lot of trouble. tazewell had a big lead but lost it w/ turnovers. shouldnt have though. and the 3 pointer that was made by va high to send it into overtime, wasnt a 3 b/c it was clear he was on the line, guess the refs dont look at that either. and at the end b4 the game winner, it should have been a foul off of the rebound.

When you blow an 18-point lead, like one of the other posters stated Tazewell did, then you have no one to blame, but yourself. If you take care of your business with such a large lead then the game doesn't come down to the point where an official's call can decide the outcome.

people who think refs can't make a difference in the outcome of a game need to get a clue...they can and do...just because its an 18 point lead or a 40 point loss doesn't mean the refs didn't screw up the game for someone...there is no blanket of coverage for a point margin...i don't know if it happened or not, don't really care...but it can and does happen.

This is a very interesting situation. First and foremost, there is no justifying "flipping off the fans" by an official(or anyone for that matter). Now, here is a couple of things to consider. If a fan feels the urge to yell at an official, why is it wrong for an offical to react? Sportsmanship and professionalism are at the center of this situation. In a heated game tempers can flare, that is human nature. But at what point do we allow it to get out of control? It is true that an offical needs to show some type of professionalism, but tell me it is not hard for anyone to take the type of verbal abuse an offical takes night in night out. What if they came to your work place and started yelling at you when you did something they did not like? This sounds like an administration problem that needs to be addressed to both sides: school and offical. Sportsmanship is a key factor in most of these types of situation and this sounds like some apologies are in order.

The refs should be used to be getting yelled at because that is what fans do in Sports. That ref that flipped the fans off should recieve punishment because he knows it was wrong. And if he can't handle it then maybe he shouldnt be a ref.

Refs can make a whole difference in a game.

In 1997, Big Creek played Moorefield in the A State Championship and Big Creek was up 13-9 with 1:40 to play.

And moorefield has the ball on there on 40 with a 4 down and 2 play. They ran the ball up the middle and Big creek's Matt Martin stopped him a full yard short, but the ref give's him a unbelieveable spot. Next play they throw a 50 yard TD.

Big Creek loses 15-13

You talk about literally Heartbreaken! Coach Poletti had a Slight heartattack after the End of the game.

This is my example of Refs making a difference in the game

It seems like VHS can get a win any sport without controversy. It may ormay not been a bad call but Tazwell still blew a HUGE Lead. Now whos fault is that? If you blow that big of a lead you dont deserve to win. And about the ref flipping off the fans. I dont think it was right for the ref to flip off the fans but Tazwell fans do get out of hand sometimes. I remember two years ago a father of Tazwell player who got hurt during a VHS vs Tazwell football game,actually came out onto the field and wanted to fight one of the VHS football players who was involved on the play his son got hurt on. Maybe the Administration at Tazwell needs to try and keep their fans under control

[ QUOTE ]

There are good refs and bad refs.....but one thing is for certain, there would be no games without them! /quote]

Heck, there are rarely games with them...usually only free throw shooting exhibitions...

Theres always going to be problems with fans and refs,we have a choice of going to the games or staying home,so its not fair that we single out one school,it happens at just about all sporting events, at ever level.Lets just hope it doesn't get any worse than it already is.

The only problem with refs that Grundy has seen this year is that the calls are very inconsistent at times. Some games its very hard to establish how to play in the game because you never know how you can play. A touch foul on one end will be called and an obvious foul the next possession will be played through.

This has not only been against Grundy though. It has happened in our favor several times also. An example is the Taz/ Grundy game at Grundy (OFISHE8 might be familiar with this one).

A foul called on Grundy under the hoop with 10 seconds left giving Taz a chance to take the lead. They make 1 to tie and a Grundy player is obviously fouled on the last shot of the game under the goal on the other end but no call was made. I understand that that is no way to end a game but if a call is made 10 secs earlier on one end should the exact same call (same ref had the position for both calls) not be made on the other end when the exact same thing happens?

I wish that some refs would step up and tell what they saw.

Because when refs make bad calls, I know for a fact some of the other refs that are officiating might have saw it from a better few. And they should talk it over before making a call.