Official Honaker 2005 Schedule

hhstigerfan

your taking the long way around stay on 460 until you get to the turn off to go to twin valley high school go on by the school and go until you see hale creek primitive baptist church,make a right and go across hale creek. then make a left back on to 83 and follow until you get down to 643 and that'll take you to Hurley High School.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the schedule, it looks like they will have two losses, three at most. Richlands will win for sure, but I think either Lebanon or Tazewell will beat them, most likely Tazewell. Even though Honaker is losing some big guys (Patrick and Ross), they still have the qb and that center who was all-state I think? The rest are pretty much guarentee wins though.

I wouldn't be so fast to give Richlands the win. They did have some losses. It'll be close, but I don't think its a sure thing for Rlands to win. I think VA High will be one of the toughest teams on the schedule.

Thanks. This is my senior year, so I doubt I will ever be going to Hurley ever again. But you never know! Thanks for the info. I always heard you could go down towards Whitewood to get to Hurley, but I never knew which way to go.

[ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be so fast to give Richlands the win. They did have some losses. It'll be close, but I don't think its a sure thing for Rlands to win. I think VA High will be one of the toughest teams on the schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if you also look at the losses each team had from graduation, Richlands brings people back that Honaker couldn't. But it will be close, I just see Richlands runing away with it in the second half.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Yeah you can go down Whitewood and get here lol, but that is a horriable road. Gets me car sick lmao. The best way is to go threw grundy and then go down Slate Creek and then take a left up Rock House Mout. but who would just want to get up and take a trip here anyway hahaha. tongue.gif

Should be a big money maker for the schools too. How many people showed up at this years Clinch River Classic at R-Lands? I know at the first one held at Honaker there were about 5000 fans there!

Actually Virginia High is losing quite a few starters. We are losing are starting QB and HB. We are also losing Lockett who was our FB and LB. But there is a lot of talent coming up so hopefully they will continue to improve on last year

[ QUOTE ]

Should be a big money maker for the schools too. How many people showed up at this years Clinch River Classic at R-Lands? I know at the first one held at Honaker there were about 5000 fans there!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there was even more last year at Richlands not sure on the count but i think its sumwhere near 6000 or more.

[ QUOTE ]

Trading out Grundy and CC for Gate City and Honaker makes us chickens? I guess that makes you the weak link we picked up. tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Go ahead...play that Single A schedule...those points will REALLY help come playoff time...

With the exception of Grundy, Richlands, Magna Vista and Graham, Region IV doesn't exactly put up impressive power point averages come playoff time anyway. Playing an AA schedule doesn't make a hill of beans when you're going sub .500 every year, not to mention most of these AA schools you're playing have similar records. How has Grundy, Richlands, Carroll County, Martinsville, Tazewell, Tunstall, and others made the playoffs in recent years playing single A teams?

[ QUOTE ]

Who else does Richlands have non-district other than Honaker? I know a lot of the Highlands schools chickened out of playing SWD opponents this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gate city, Marion,Lebby,Va. High,Abingdon

We play whoever we can get. With the exception of Paintsville KY, all of our games were played against AA teams. Grundy has only 6 teams on the schedule right now? Four of those teams are district. Graham has NEVER scheduled a A school?(correct me if I am wrong) Richlands is playing Honaker, Lebanon, and GC, so all of those teams should give them power points. What happened with the Honaker and Grundy deal anyway?

[ QUOTE ]

We play whoever we can get. With the exception of Paintsville KY, all of our games were played against AA teams. Grundy has only 6 teams on the schedule right now? Four of those teams are district. Graham has NEVER scheduled a A school?(correct me if I am wrong) Richlands is playing Honaker, Lebanon, and GC, so all of those teams should give them power points. What happened with the Honaker and Grundy deal anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

We got more points from them, than we did the AA school like Va.High,Abingdon,Marion,Lee High lol(consider them A).Sum single A schools are better to schedule then AA schools.We have sum of the toughest Single A schools in the area.

Grundy played Twin Valley the season before last. They have also played Giles. And many moons ago they also played Honaker. I'm sure Grundy has played other single A schools also, maybe some other Grundy fans know, because I don't. Just curious, who did Grundy pick up non-district this year? Graham probably hasn't played a Single A school probably since like the early 60s, but things were classified a little different back then though I think. You gotta admire them for still playing up in AA and getting the best teams they can find year in and year out.

It would be neat to see a comparison of how many points are gained by beating a good 8-2 or 9-1 single A team compared to beating a .5oo AA team. For example, I would think Richlands got more points from beating a 9-0 A team in Lebanon than Grundy got from beating us when we were 4-5. If this is so, I don't think GC and Honaker will hurt us in points at all, especially with CC possibly down next year. Of course, none of it matters unless you win the games. I guess we'll see next fall smile.gif

I wasn't saying we do not play single A teams, we just didn't last year. I think my freshman year we played Powell Valley, Twin Valley, and Hurley. The reason why we had to play Hurley and TV is because the school board forced us to play them. I do not believe we have played Giles since the late 80's, when they were AA. I would rather play a Giles or Honaker or GC or a PV than VA. High or Abingdon or Marion. But the deal is, if you lose to a good single A team, you get less points than what you would for beating a weak AA team. Another thing, the good single A teams won't schedule us. Neither will the AA teams. What happened with the Honaker/Grundy deal? Wouldn't it take about as long to come to Grundy than to go to Bristol?

Yeah, the trip would probably be about the same. Well its prob about 10 mins longer to Grundy on a bus because the roads to Grundy aren't that good. But that aside, I really don't see why we won't play Grundy. It would be a good game. I hear Grundy always has trouble finding in state teams to play them, which explains all the Kentucky opponents.