Any word on how the SWD looks this year in soccer

carrollfan

I think it will be close but dont throw out Graham, they always have a good team. Tazewell will need to find a leader but the back line will hold well.. I saw Richlands had a solid JV Goalie which will help them out... And Carroll always has good competition with the middle and shootin to the wings..

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What impressed you so much about our JV team last year? Just wondering. They were good and they proved it last during the tournament when they beat Richlands in the first round and then taking Tazewell down in the 2nd round. But I agree with Dawgs 86 that it will be a close district and you can never leave out Graham.

No offence to Carroll's jv, but Richlands played horrible that day. We always seemed to screw up when we played CC. We had a 4-0 lead after half-time at Hillsville, but we let them come back and tie. And we let them get a 3-0 lead on us in the tourney. We closed it to 3-2 but but we couldn't put a goal in there in the last second. They weren't half bad though.

my favorite field of all is probably abingdons...very nice...i wish virginia high had a soccer team...i remember back in football and how soft it was...theres is the best by far...but then again they are the richest off all surounding schools

Virginia High does have a team. They play at Sugar Hollow Rec. Park.. Theyre field is really nice.. I would say Va. High's field or Grahams old field(East River Soccer Complex) was my favorite to play on..